Sportsman’s Arms on Exmoor

Carol Weaver

April 2005

21 Motorhomes I think it was. We were allowed use of the Skittles Alley and used their overflow car park

Derek and Tish came along with Andy & Netta, Don and Muriel Madge. Ron and
Muriel both now dead. Rita and Judy.  Darren and Carol with some Phillip 4 at the time (now at University). A couple with a Snail motive on their van lived in Wales I think.

Any one remember this?

Carol

Dave Burleigh

The Snails were Bryan and Rosemary Jones, whose motorhoming seemingly entailed compiling user reviews of hospitals across Europe :-)

Dave

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 14:00, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
April 2005

21 Motorhomes I think it was. We were allowed use of the Skittles Alley and used their overflow car park

Derek and Tish came along with Andy & Netta, Don and Muriel Madge. Ron and
Muriel both now dead. Rita and Judy.  Darren and Carol with some Phillip 4 at the time (now at University). A couple with a Snail motive on their van lived in Wales I think.

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

Derek Sims

Present in car again!

And the quiz prize was a telly, from Dave, I think. Not sure if Don and Maureen Madge were there. Wasn't that the later Motorhome List Meet, also at the Sportsman's Arms? I think the April one was the first meet of Motorhome Facts. Sorry to be pedantic.

Derek

Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 2:00 PM
From: "Carol Weaver" <corconx@...>
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Cc: carol@...
Subject: [motorhome-list] Sportsman’s Arms on Exmoor
April 2005

21 Motorhomes I think it was. We were allowed use of the Skittles Alley and used their overflow car park

Derek and Tish came along with Andy & Netta, Don and Muriel Madge. Ron and
Muriel both now dead. Rita and Judy.  Darren and Carol with some Phillip 4 at the time (now at University). A couple with a Snail motive on their van lived in Wales I think.

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

Carol Weaver

Actually think you were right this was organised quick before they went travelling. The other was Sept and I posted pics but don’t think they arrived here yet!!

Carol

I realised after finding the ones I was looking for but with 99k pics!!!

Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 2:00 PM
From: "Carol Weaver" <corconx@...>
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Cc: carol@...
April 2005

21 Motorhomes I think it was. We were allowed use of the Skittles Alley and used their overflow car park

Derek and Tish came along with Andy & Netta, Don and Muriel Madge. Ron and
Muriel both now dead. Rita and Judy.  Darren and Carol with some Phillip 4 at the time (now at University). A couple with a Snail motive on their van lived in Wales I think.

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

Ah yes Bryan and Rosemary.  So you still look in here then?  You were at both too

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 14:19, Dave Burleigh <DABurleigh@...> wrote:
The Snails were Bryan and Rosemary Jones, whose motorhoming seemingly entailed compiling user reviews of hospitals across Europe :-)

Dave

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 14:00, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
April 2005

21 Motorhomes I think it was. We were allowed use of the Skittles Alley and used their overflow car park

Derek and Tish came along with Andy & Netta, Don and Muriel Madge. Ron and
Muriel both now dead. Rita and Judy.  Darren and Carol with some Phillip 4 at the time (now at University). A couple with a Snail motive on their van lived in Wales I think.

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

I vaguely remember it (or something similar) being organised, but not being a great fan of mass gatherings I gave it a miss.

I hadn’t heard that the Madges had both died. He did a lot for MMM but I didn’t spot that news.

Martin

On 16 Apr 2020, at 14:00, Carol Weaver via groups.io <corconx@...> wrote:

April 2005

21 Motorhomes I think it was. We were allowed use of the Skittles Alley and used their overflow car park

Derek and Tish came along with Andy & Netta, Don and Muriel Madge. Ron and
Muriel both now dead. Rita and Judy.  Darren and Carol with some Phillip 4 at the time (now at University). A couple with a Snail motive on their van lived in Wales I think.

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

Derek Sims

Martin

I think Carol's referring to Ron & Muriel who have died - lovely old couple, probably eighty at the time of that meet. As far as I know, Don & Maureen Madge are still alive.

Stay sane

Derek

--
Sent from my Android phone with GMX Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

On 16/04/2020, 15:27 Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
I vaguely remember it (or something similar) being organised, but not being a great fan of mass gatherings I gave it a miss.

I hadn’t heard that the Madges had both died. He did a lot for MMM but I didn’t spot that news.

Martin

On 16 Apr 2020, at 14:00, Carol Weaver via groups.io <corconx@...> wrote:

April 2005

21 Motorhomes I think it was. We were allowed use of the Skittles Alley and used their overflow car park

Derek and Tish came along with Andy & Netta, Don and Muriel Madge. Ron and
Muriel both now dead. Rita and Judy.  Darren and Carol with some Phillip 4 at the time (now at University). A couple with a Snail motive on their van lived in Wales I think.

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

Bennett Family

Thanks Derek

Can’t differentiate between full stops and commas on my phone!

Martin

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Don and Maureen Madge are alive still 🤞🤞 before the what’s it started

Yes Ron Betty died latish 2000’s  and Muriel last year. She was 90

Yes I did the two meets that year and none since.

I also went to one Andy did around 2002/3 I think where Dave Burley came in a very strange VW conversion and had to get the AA out to get it started as no one could find the battery!  After that he then formed Motorhome facts.com

Carol