Sportsman’s Arms on Exmoor

Carol Weaver

April 2005

21 Motorhomes I think it was. We were allowed use of the Skittles Alley and used their overflow car park 

Derek and Tish came along with Andy & Netta, Don and Muriel Madge. Ron and 
Muriel both now dead. Rita and Judy.  Darren and Carol with some Phillip 4 at the time (now at University). A couple with a Snail motive on their van lived in Wales I think. 

Any one remember this?

Carol

Dave Burleigh

The Snails were Bryan and Rosemary Jones, whose motorhoming seemingly entailed compiling user reviews of hospitals across Europe :-)

Dave

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 14:00, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
April 2005

21 Motorhomes I think it was. We were allowed use of the Skittles Alley and used their overflow car park 

Muriel both now dead. Rita and Judy.  Darren and Carol with some Phillip 4 at the time (now at University). A couple with a Snail motive on their van lived in Wales I think. 

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

Derek Sims

Present in car again!

And the quiz prize was a telly, from Dave, I think. Not sure if Don and Maureen Madge were there. Wasn't that the later Motorhome List Meet, also at the Sportsman's Arms? I think the April one was the first meet of Motorhome Facts. Sorry to be pedantic.

Derek

Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 2:00 PM
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Cc: carol@...
Subject: [motorhome-list] Sportsman’s Arms on Exmoor
April 2005

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

Carol Weaver

Actually think you were right this was organised quick before they went travelling. The other was Sept and I posted pics but don’t think they arrived here yet!!

Carol

I realised after finding the ones I was looking for but with 99k pics!!! 

C

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 14:30, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:
Present in car again!

And the quiz prize was a telly, from Dave, I think. Not sure if Don and Maureen Madge were there. Wasn't that the later Motorhome List Meet, also at the Sportsman's Arms? I think the April one was the first meet of Motorhome Facts. Sorry to be pedantic.

Derek

Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 2:00 PM
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Cc: carol@...
Subject: [motorhome-list] Sportsman’s Arms on Exmoor
April 2005

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

Carol Weaver

Ah yes Bryan and Rosemary.  So you still look in here then?  You were at both too

C

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 14:19, Dave Burleigh <DABurleigh@...> wrote:
The Snails were Bryan and Rosemary Jones, whose motorhoming seemingly entailed compiling user reviews of hospitals across Europe :-)

Dave

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 14:00, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
April 2005

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

--
--
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

Bennett Family

I vaguely remember it (or something similar) being organised, but not being a great fan of mass gatherings I gave it a miss. 

I hadn’t heard that the Madges had both died. He did a lot for MMM but I didn’t spot that news. 

Martin

On 16 Apr 2020, at 14:00, Carol Weaver via groups.io <corconx@...> wrote:

April 2005

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

Derek Sims

Martin

I think Carol's referring to Ron & Muriel who have died - lovely old couple, probably eighty at the time of that meet. As far as I know, Don & Maureen Madge are still alive.

Stay sane

Derek

--
Sent from my Android phone with GMX Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

On 16/04/2020, 15:27 Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
I vaguely remember it (or something similar) being organised, but not being a great fan of mass gatherings I gave it a miss. 

I hadn’t heard that the Madges had both died. He did a lot for MMM but I didn’t spot that news. 

Martin

April 2005

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

Bennett Family

Thanks Derek 

Can’t differentiate between full stops and commas on my phone!

Martin

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 16 April 2020 16:35
To: Motorhome List
Subject: Re: Re: [motorhome-list] Sportsman’s Arms on Exmoor

Martin

I think Carol's referring to Ron & Muriel who have died - lovely old couple, probably eighty at the time of that meet. As far as I know, Don & Maureen Madge are still alive.

Stay sane

Derek

--

Martin

April 2005

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

Carol Weaver

Don and Maureen Madge are alive still 🤞🤞 before the what’s it started

Yes Ron Betty died latish 2000’s  and Muriel last year. She was 90

Yes I did the two meets that year and none since. 

I also went to one Andy did around 2002/3 I think where Dave Burley came in a very strange VW conversion and had to get the AA out to get it started as no one could find the battery!  After that he then formed Motorhome facts.com

Carol

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 16:35, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:
Martin

Stay sane

Derek

--

Martin

On 16 Apr 2020, at 14:00, Carol Weaver via groups.io <corconx=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

April 2005

Any one remember this?

Carol

Attachments:

--
--