Reminiscing

Andy Clarke

Who here remembers this :)

Keith Smith

Looks like Sturdy’s, Oxford....rather a long time ago if I remember correctly🤓

On 16 Apr 2020, at 12:18, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:

Who here remembers this :)

Attachments:

Peter S

I don't 'cos I wasn't there. I do remember going to what I think was the last one though - near Oxford. Any pictures of that one? If I knew which year it was I will look and see if I have pictures.

Peter S

Sent from BlueMail

On 16 Apr 2020, at 12:18, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:
Who here remembers this :)

Derek Sims

Yes, we were there! But no 'van. This was one of our sounding-out forays, prior to buying. Tish is talking to Diane Cox, while I'm indulging in some navel contemplation, much as now. I think that's probably Mike & Sandra Shepherd opposite and the Cox's Hymer and the Shepherd's Rapido (An incredibly short 5.99m A Class, which they soon changed for a larger one) are parked behind.

Those were invaluable occasions for us in helping us to make our buying decision, which we stuck with for 13 years (nearly 2000 nights, including over 2 years fulltiming), until Glaucoma robbed me of my C1 licence.

Happy Days!

Derek

Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 12:34 PM
From: "Keith Smith" <tasman2405@...>
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Reminiscing
Looks like Sturdy’s, Oxford....rather a long time ago if I remember correctly🤓

On 16 Apr 2020, at 12:18, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:

Who here remembers this :)

Attachments:

Carol Weaver

Andy is that Spottsmans or Oxford way?

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 12:18, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:
Who here remembers this :)

Attachments:

Andy Clarke

It was the first ever MH List get together at Sturdys Castle near Oxford in 2004.

Don't think I've got any photos of the later ones.

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 14:58 Carol Weaver, <corconx@...> wrote:
Andy is that Spottsmans or Oxford way?

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 12:18, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:
Who here remembers this :)

Attachments:

Keith Smith

Her's another meet Andy - Bunkfest 2008

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 18:03, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:
It was the first ever MH List get together at Sturdys Castle near Oxford in 2004.

Don't think I've got any photos of the later ones.

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 14:58 Carol Weaver, <corconx@...> wrote:
Andy is that Spottsmans or Oxford way?

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 12:18, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:
Who here remembers this :)

Attachments:

Andy Clarke

'Unknown' is Tim Sinclair I think.

We still go to Bunkfest, and work as volunteer stewards for the weekend.

Andy

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 18:27 Keith Smith, <tasman2405@...> wrote:
Her's another meet Andy - Bunkfest 2008
_._,__,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#101129) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_

timsinc Sinclair

Yep, that's me...

(now) campervan Tim

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 18:27 Keith Smith, <tasman2405@gmail.com> wrote:

Her's another meet Andy - Bunkfest 2008

- Unknown, Bob & Sue, Angies, Ian Twomey.jpg
<https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101129/4>
- Unknown, Sue, Angie, Colin, Ian Twomey.jpg
<https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101129/5>

_._,__,_
------------------------------
Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#101129)
<https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/message/101129> | Reply To Group
<motorhome-list@groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bmotorhome-list%5D%20Reminiscing>
| Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/73052149/1563345> | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/post>

Contact
Group Owner <motorhome-list+owner@groups.io> | Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/leave/defanged> [
andyclarke1050@gmail.com]
_._,_._,_

Keith Smith

Heck, you've changed a bit Tim, didn't look anything like that at Rincon this February....but it is 12 years later 😀

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 10:20, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
Yep, that's me...

(now) campervan Tim

On 17/04/2020, Keith Smith <tasman2405@gmail.com> wrote:
Heck, you've changed a bit Tim, didn't look anything like that at Rincon
this February....but it is 12 years later 😀
Don't recognise myself when shaving either - but then I'm improving with age!!

From el Rincon (nr Malaga) went up and down in the mountains,
gradually north eastwards and ended up at a remote countryside free
pitch at a winery west of Barcelona. Then lockdown declared. Two other
vans (one UK, one Dutch) there enjoying free hook-up, water and loo.
They are still there. But after four days, I gave in to advice from
friends back home and the FO to get back to UK.

Another long tale, told at:
https://www.francesalut.com/2020/04/notes-from-the-coronavirus-trenches-the-road-from-catalonia-.html
and
https://www.francesalut.com/2020/04/covid-19-diaries-a-mobile-home-becomes-immobile.html

campervan Tim

<
motorhome-list@groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bmotorhome-list%5D%20Reminiscing

| Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/73052149/1563345> | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/post>

Contact
Group Owner <motorhome-list+owner@groups.io> | Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/leave/defanged> [
andyclarke1050@gmail.com]
_._,_._,_

Tim do you wish you had stayed?

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 19:00, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
On 17/04/2020, Keith Smith <tasman2405@...> wrote:
> Heck, you've changed a bit Tim, didn't look anything like that at Rincon
> this February....but it is 12 years later 😀

Don't recognise myself when shaving either - but then I'm improving with age!!

From el Rincon (nr Malaga) went up and down in the mountains,
gradually north eastwards and ended up at a remote countryside free
pitch at a winery west of Barcelona. Then lockdown declared. Two other
vans (one UK, one Dutch) there enjoying free hook-up, water and loo.
They are still there. But after four days, I gave in to advice from
friends back home and the FO to get back to UK.

Another long tale, told at:
https://www.francesalut.com/2020/04/notes-from-the-coronavirus-trenches-the-road-from-catalonia-.html
and
https://www.francesalut.com/2020/04/covid-19-diaries-a-mobile-home-becomes-immobile.html

campervan Tim

> On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 10:20, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
>
>> Yep, that's me...
>>
>> (now) campervan Tim
>>
>> On 17/04/2020, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:
>> > 'Unknown' is Tim Sinclair I think.
>> >
>> > We still go to Bunkfest, and work as volunteer stewards for the
>> > weekend.
>> >
>> > Andy

>> motorhome-list@groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bmotorhome-list%5D%20Reminiscing

>> --
>>
>> *It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*

Nick

We didn't go to our first get together until around 97/98. I recognize Don and Maureen in one of Andys photos.

Nick.

Andy Clarke

Found some more photos - 2007 was a bit muddy!

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 20:31, Nick <nickoff2@...> wrote:
We didn't go to our first get together until around 97/98. I recognize Don and Maureen in one of Andys photos.

Nick.

Carol Weaver

Understatement by the looks of it!!!

On 17/04/2020, Carol Weaver <corconx@gmail.com> wrote:
Tim do you wish you had stayed?

Not at all, Carol. Too much uncertainty, too many sleepless nights, no
prescription meds and no familiar comfort groceries - like Marmite!
Despite lovely neighbours, a wonderful host and Spanish sunshine.

Tim

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 19:00, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@gmail.com> wrote:

On 17/04/2020, Keith Smith <tasman2405@gmail.com> wrote:
Heck, you've changed a bit Tim, didn't look anything like that at
Rincon
this February....but it is 12 years later 😀
Don't recognise myself when shaving either - but then I'm improving with
age!!

From el Rincon (nr Malaga) went up and down in the mountains,

wrote:

Yep, that's me...

(now) campervan Tim

On 17/04/2020, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@gmail.com> wrote:
'Unknown' is Tim Sinclair I think.

We still go to Bunkfest, and work as volunteer stewards for the
weekend.

Andy

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 18:27 Keith Smith, <tasman2405@gmail.com> wrote:

Her's another meet Andy - Bunkfest 2008

- Unknown, Bob & Sue, Angies, Ian Twomey.jpg
<https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101129/4>
- Unknown, Sue, Angie, Colin, Ian Twomey.jpg
<https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101129/5>

_._,__,_
------------------------------
Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#101129)
<https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/message/101129> | Reply To
Group
<
motorhome-list@groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bmotorhome-list%5D%20Reminiscing

| Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/73052149/1563345> | New
Topic
<https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/post>

Your Subscription <
https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/editsub/1563345>

Contact
Group Owner <motorhome-list+owner@groups.io> | Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/leave/defanged> [
andyclarke1050@gmail.com]
_._,_._,_

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;
https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

Nick

Ha, ha. That's us being towed in the first photo and I can see the Good Lady Bill and me in the second. That's me leaning on the gas locker. The entrance to the camping field was a mud bath but not so bad once parked up.

Nick.

Keith Smith

If I remember correctly my van and  Bob Jackson's were the last two vans to drive in, after us nearly everyone was towed in. Then everyone had to be towed out - through that very narrow gateway with the very sturdy gate posts - scary. The evening gathering was held between Bob's and my van - got a bit chilly as the evening wore on.....
Here are more from the same meet -

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 11:37, Nick <nickoff2@...> wrote:
Ha, ha. That's us being towed in the first photo and I can see the Good Lady Bill and me in the second. That's me leaning on the gas locker. The entrance to the camping field was a mud bath but not so bad once parked up.

Nick.

Carol Weaver

I’m glad. Yes medications become a problem in circumstances like this. I usually try to have an extra two weeks just in case, but would really have had problems now.

No regrets is good. Especially as you are in rather a nice spot.

Carol