Radio Aerial

Adrian Harman

Hi all

We have a Swift Bolero 2012 on a Fiat Ducato does anyone know anything about the cab-radio aerial. Our radio reception has recently got so bad that we can no longer have the radio on for more than about half a mile without it going out of tune. I think maybe the aerial is at fault but can’t trace it.

Kind Regards

Adrian Harman

Nigel Owen

We replaced the aerial on our Hymer with one of these when we upgraded the radio.

It's a combined AM/FM/DAB aerial that needs a 12v supply (wired so that it switches on/off with the radio).

It transformed our radio reception which is now truly excellent.

https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CT27UV71

Nigel.

On 24/08/2021 11:56, Adrian Harman wrote:
Hi all

We have a Swift Bolero 2012 on a Fiat Ducato does anyone know anything about the cab-radio aerial. Our radio reception has recently got so bad that we can no longer have the radio on for more than about half a mile without it going out of tune. I think maybe the aerial is at fault but can’t trace it.

Kind Regards

Adrian Harman

michael moloney

It is normally in the near side wing mirror.

We have a Swift Bolero 2012 on a Fiat Ducato does anyone know anything about the cab-radio aerial. Our radio reception has recently got so bad that we can no longer have the radio on for more than about half a mile without it going out of tune. I think maybe the aerial is at fault but can’t trace it.

Kind Regards

Adrian Harman

Alan Morris

On Tue, 24 Aug 2021 at 10:56, Adrian Harman <adrianharman@gmail.com> wrote:

Our radio reception has recently got so bad that we can no longer have the radio on for more than about half a mile without it going out of tune. I think maybe the aerial is at fault but can’t trace it.
You will never find a fault in the aerial to solve your problem as reported.

The antenna can have no effect on the tuning of a radio.

Alan.