Panel Van Sliding door Mod.

M Stevenson

Hi Folks,

For anyone with a van conversion.

Just an update on my previous post regarding simple fix to aid "soft closure" of the sliding door.
Usually it takes a lot of momentum to close the door. This puts a lot of strain on the wheels and tracks, effectively the whole mass makes a 90° turn. This also distorts the area around the door contacts, and leads to locking problems.

A simple ABS grab handle at the rear of the door solves it easily.
I finally got round to a permanent fixture, allowing me to close the door with one finger. No more stooping and twisting.

Cheers
Max