Over 70s Driving Licence

Simon Whitehead

I am shortly going to reach that dreaded age of 70 and thus I must renew my licence.  I am going to apply for the renewal of my C1/D1 entitlement but it isn’t clear on the D2 form whether the C1E is included in that.  I know that a few of you out there have already done this, so hopefully someone can tell me.  I have been phoning the DVLA but they have a message saying that they are inundated with calls and cannot answer.

Simon Whitehead

Andy Clarke

Yes, C1E is included. Up to 8250kg.

Be sure to check the licence when you get it, mine arrived without C1 on it, had to send it back for a correct replacement!

On Mon, 29 Nov 2021, 17:07 Simon Whitehead, <s.whitehead@...> wrote:
I am shortly going to reach that dreaded age of 70 and thus I must renew my licence.  I am going to apply for the renewal of my C1/D1 entitlement but it isn’t clear on the D2 form whether the C1E is included in that.  I know that a few of you out there have already done this, so hopefully someone can tell me.  I have been phoning the DVLA but they have a message saying that they are inundated with calls and cannot answer.

Simon Whitehead

Simon Whitehead

Thanks for that info.  I have a boat and with the trailer the combined weight is a little short of 3 tonnes...

Simon Whitehead

On 29 Nov 2021, at 17:11, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:

Yes, C1E is included. Up to 8250kg.

Be sure to check the licence when you get it, mine arrived without C1 on it, had to send it back for a correct replacement!

On Mon, 29 Nov 2021, 17:07 Simon Whitehead, <s.whitehead@...> wrote:
I am shortly going to reach that dreaded age of 70 and thus I must renew my licence.  I am going to apply for the renewal of my C1/D1 entitlement but it isn’t clear on the D2 form whether the C1E is included in that.  I know that a few of you out there have already done this, so hopefully someone can tell me.  I have been phoning the DVLA but they have a message saying that they are inundated with calls and cannot answer.

Simon Whitehead

David Scholes

Hello Simon,
My application was rejected. Looking back I think that I might have stood a better chance had I asked for the C1 without the D1. There has been a lot of adverse publicity about drivers of mini buses so they may well be tighter with this category than with just the C1.

Consequently, if you don’t need it don’t apply for it.

David

On 29 Nov 2021, at 17:07, Simon Whitehead <s.whitehead@...> wrote:

I am shortly going to reach that dreaded age of 70 and thus I must renew my licence.  I am going to apply for the renewal of my C1/D1 entitlement but it isn’t clear on the D2 form whether the C1E is included in that.  I know that a few of you out there have already done this, so hopefully someone can tell me.  I have been phoning the DVLA but they have a message saying that they are inundated with calls and cannot answer.

Simon Whitehead

David

I applied in July for my over 70s licence with the thing to drive my over 3500 kg motorhome
Still waiting sent emails tried phoning. Still waiting.

[...]

Alan Cocks

Wow, I never questioned mine
vehicle is 3300 kg max, I dont seem to have any dates against C1 on
the licence, but I have B
Is that appropriate?

On Mon, 29 Nov 2021, 17:07 Simon Whitehead, <s.whitehead@colleton.org
<mailto:s.whitehead@colleton.org>> wrote:

I am shortly going to reach that dreaded age of 70 and thus I must
renew my licence.  I am going to apply for the renewal of my
C1/D1 entitlement but it isn’t clear on the D2 form whether the
C1E is included in that.  I know that a few of you out there have
already done this, so hopefully someone can tell me.  I have been
phoning the DVLA but they have a message saying that they are
inundated with calls and cannot answer.

Simon Whitehead

Andy Clarke

Cat B entitles you to drive vehicles up to 3500kg MAM, C1 is up to 7500kg MAM

Andy Clarke