From: "timsinc Sinclair via Groups.Io" <timsinc=gmail.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 15:34:48 +0100
Subject: [OTMotorhome-list] membership advice
To: OTMotorhome-list@groups.io

As the "boss" I've received the following notification from our host, groups.io.

Hello,
marktrezz@yahoo.com applied to join your group OTMotorhome-list@groups.io. Because the group is restricted, you will need to approve their subscription before they can join.
View Pending Member
Logged in: Windows Opera 62 - Bedford, Texas, US (108.251.25.132)
Does anyone know Mark, of Bedford, Texas? Clicking on 'view pending
member' shows no info, except for sign-in name: Mark KG5YOZ

Maybe I'm being paranoid about spam and such, but what do others think?

Tim

No record. Not recognised in my gmail. I don’t delete except 5 years old stuff

Carol

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 at 15:41, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
Peter, do you recgnise this guy? And is he a member of Motorhome list,
or applied?

Tim

As the "boss" I've received the following notification from our host, groups.io.

> Hello,

> View Pending Member

> Logged in: Windows Opera 62 - Bedford, Texas, US (108.251.25.132)

Does anyone know Mark, of Bedford, Texas? Clicking on 'view pending
member' shows no info, except for sign-in name: Mark KG5YOZ

Maybe I'm being paranoid about spam and such, but what do others think?

Tim

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommended

Peter S

He is not a current member of motorhome-list and I don't have him as pending, Tim. I don't recognise the name from the old group either.

Peter

On 02/08/2019 15:44:24, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

No record. Not recognised in my gmail. I don’t delete except 5 years old stuff

Carol

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 at 15:41, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
Peter, do you recgnise this guy? And is he a member of Motorhome list,
or applied?

Tim

As the "boss" I've received the following notification from our host, groups.io.

> Hello,

> View Pending Member

> Logged in: Windows Opera 62 - Bedford, Texas, US (108.251.25.132)

Does anyone know Mark, of Bedford, Texas? Clicking on 'view pending
member' shows no info, except for sign-in name: Mark KG5YOZ

Maybe I'm being paranoid about spam and such, but what do others think?

Tim

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommended

Andy Clarke

You can always approve and moderate?

Andy Clarke

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 at 15:51, Peter S via Groups.Io <pstallwood=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
He is not a current member of motorhome-list and I don't have him as pending, Tim. I don't recognise the name from the old group either.

Peter

On 02/08/2019 15:44:24, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

No record. Not recognised in my gmail. I don’t delete except 5 years old stuff

Carol

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 at 15:41, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
Peter, do you recgnise this guy? And is he a member of Motorhome list,
or applied?

Tim

As the "boss" I've received the following notification from our host, groups.io.

> Hello,

> View Pending Member

> Logged in: Windows Opera 62 - Bedford, Texas, US (108.251.25.132)

Does anyone know Mark, of Bedford, Texas? Clicking on 'view pending
member' shows no info, except for sign-in name: Mark KG5YOZ

Maybe I'm being paranoid about spam and such, but what do others think?

Tim

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommended

I have allowed Mark of Texas membership with the condition I have to
approve first everything that he posts. Thanks to the advice of Andy
(on main list to which I copied the posting).

Tim

On 02/08/2019, timsinc Sinclair via Groups.Io
<timsinc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
As the "boss" I've received the following notification from our host,
groups.io.

Hello,
marktrezz@yahoo.com applied to join your group OTMotorhome-list@groups.io.
Because the group is restricted, you will need to approve their
subscription before they can join.
View Pending Member
Logged in: Windows Opera 62 - Bedford, Texas, US (108.251.25.132)
Does anyone know Mark, of Bedford, Texas? Clicking on 'view pending
member' shows no info, except for sign-in name: Mark KG5YOZ

Maybe I'm being paranoid about spam and such, but what do others think?

Tim

I have the main list set to two posts before they are unmoderated. I have never had a problem.

The only membership that has been rejected was from somebody in another country, can't remember which, who was restoring a very old caravan. I thought there were  better places for him to get advice.

Peter S

Sent from BlueMail

marktrezz@... applied to join your group OTMotorhome-list@groups.io.
Because the group is restricted, you will need to approve their
subscription before they can join.

View Pending Member

Logged in: Windows Opera 62 - Bedford, Texas, US (108.251.25.132)

Does anyone know Mark, of Bedford, Texas? Clicking on 'view pending
member' shows no info, except for sign-in name: Mark KG5YOZ

Maybe I'm being paranoid about spam and such, but what do others think?

Tim

Ernest Bull

On 2 Aug 2019, at 18:08, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:

I have allowed Mark of Texas membership…

It may be quite refreshing to get the views of a genuine cowboy instead of those of the ravings of our own ersatz version, Boris.

And like you keep saying, Tim -

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end.*
———

This question was asked on both lists.

I saw the OT one first and the following was my reply there.

Alan.

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 at 14:34, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:

> Does anyone know Mark, of Bedford, Texas? Clicking on 'view pending
> member' shows no info, except for sign-in name: Mark KG5YOZ

MARK TRESNICKY is a licenced radio amateur, living in the states.
KG5YOZ is his callsign, the 'K' indicating USA.

See my PM with his personal details.

timsinc Sinclair

Thanks Alan. Look forward to his contributions.

Tim