[OTMotorhome-list] Don't Let Schengen Ruin Your European Holiday of a Lifetime

Bennett Family

Won’t we all be “Non-EU Folk” post Brexit and so similar rules will apply to us?

I should have posted this to the MH Group - will include.

Martin Bennett

On 15 Aug 2019, at 14:37, timsinc Sinclair via Groups.Io <timsinc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Interesting, Martin, but is really only focussed on non-EU folk - in
this case Kiwis and Aussies.

British passport holders get a mention in the last few paragraphs of
the very long blog. And then nothing helpful - not surprsing really
becasue who knows what Brexit will mean! Plus, the UK is not even a
'Schengen' country.

TimS

On 15/08/2019, Bennett Family <martin@hymer.demon.co.uk> wrote:
Looks worth a read if you are thinking of a long trip post-Brexit.

https://www.travel-cook-eat.com/schengen-rules-explained/

Sandytrax

Well you asked for it and I must respond!

Brexit won’t happen because no sensible population, guided by sensible politicians would ever inflict such a disaster upon themselves.

Cheers
Brian

On 15 Aug 2019, at 15:55, Bennett Family <martin@hymer.demon.co.uk> wrote:

Won’t we all be “Non-EU Folk” post Brexit and so similar rules will apply to us?

I should have posted this to the MH Group - will include.

Martin Bennett

On 15 Aug 2019, at 14:37, timsinc Sinclair via Groups.Io <timsinc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Interesting, Martin, but is really only focussed on non-EU folk - in
this case Kiwis and Aussies.

British passport holders get a mention in the last few paragraphs of
the very long blog. And then nothing helpful - not surprsing really
becasue who knows what Brexit will mean! Plus, the UK is not even a
'Schengen' country.

TimS

On 15/08/2019, Bennett Family <martin@hymer.demon.co.uk> wrote:
Looks worth a read if you are thinking of a long trip post-Brexit.

https://www.travel-cook-eat.com/schengen-rules-explained/

Stop now, please.

Practicalities acceptable but not Remain v Leave.

Peter S
Moderator

Well you asked for it and I must respond!

madjaxy@...

Thank you Peter

Madjaxy
07526018851

On 15 Aug 2019, at 16:13, Peter S via Groups.Io <pstallwood@...> wrote:

Stop now, please.

Practicalities acceptable but not Remain v Leave.

Peter S
Moderator

Well you asked for it and I must respond!

Sandytrax

Fair enough.

Practicalities -

If I take a chunnel to France in September and plan to come back in November, what should I do if Brexit happens on 31 October?

Cheers
Brian

On 15 Aug 2019, at 16:17, madjaxy@... wrote:

Thank you Peter

Madjaxy
07526018851

On 15 Aug 2019, at 16:13, Peter S via Groups.Io <pstallwood@...> wrote:

Stop now, please.

Practicalities acceptable but not Remain v Leave.

Peter S
Moderator

Well you asked for it and I must respond!

Bennett Family

Sorry it wasn’t intended as remain / leave but more about practicalities for those aiming at long stay.

Remain/leave has even expired on the OT list!

Martin

On 15 Aug 2019, at 16:17, madjaxy via Groups.Io <madjaxy@...> wrote:

Thank you Peter

Madjaxy
07526018851

On 15 Aug 2019, at 16:13, Peter S via Groups.Io <pstallwood@...> wrote:

Stop now, please.

Practicalities acceptable but not Remain v Leave.

Peter S
Moderator

Well you asked for it and I must respond!

Bennett Family

If I understand it correctly this is more to do with if you don’t want to come back for over 3 months.

I’d be very surprised if there are any problems at all if it’s less than 3 months travel. If it makes little difference then make sure it’s less than 90 days in total.

If not I’d risk it anyway.

Martin

On 15 Aug 2019, at 16:32, Sandytrax via Groups.Io <brianinspain12@...> wrote:

Fair enough.

Practicalities -

If I take a chunnel to France in September and plan to come back in November, what should I do if Brexit happens on 31 October?

Cheers
Brian

On 15 Aug 2019, at 16:17, madjaxy@... wrote:

Thank you Peter

Madjaxy
07526018851

On 15 Aug 2019, at 16:13, Peter S via Groups.Io <pstallwood@...> wrote:

Stop now, please.

Practicalities acceptable but not Remain v Leave.

Peter S
Moderator

Well you asked for it and I must respond!

Nigel Owen

Make sure that you have a green card from your insurers and private medical insurance.

Nigel.