[OTMotorhome-list] Brits peeved; Irish pissed

Alan Morris

I've posted to both lists as it's a major news item for all future new
motorhome owners.

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 at 20:55, sean rua via Groups.Io
<seanruaanseo=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Tories doing what some of their rivals suggested: borrowing money to supposedly boost "investment", Tim.
Strange how the Labour, spend - spend and spend policy has now been
taken over by the Con U Party in it's budget reversal for spending.

Despite what they say, it is not "done" yet.
Yesterday, I watched the live transmission of the budget and
immediately after the Speaker read out certain acts information. My
ears picked-up hearing about motorhomes.

The 700% + tax has been reversed and new MHs are now classed as vans
again and not cars. So that has been done! Hopefully the TV tax for
over 75s will also soon be done.

Yes I shared it in FB.

Doubt we will get away now after Easter to Germany and France 😢

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 at 18:45, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
I've posted to both lists as it's a major news item for all future new
motorhome owners.

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 at 20:55, sean rua via Groups.Io
<seanruaanseo=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

> Tories doing what some of their rivals suggested: borrowing money to supposedly boost "investment", Tim.

Strange how the Labour, spend - spend and spend policy has now been
taken over by the Con U Party in it's budget reversal for spending.

>  Despite what they say, it is not "done" yet.

Yesterday, I watched the live transmission of the budget and
immediately after the Speaker read out certain acts information.  My
ears picked-up hearing about motorhomes.

The 700% + tax has been reversed and new MHs are now classed as vans
again and not cars.  So that has been done!  Hopefully the TV tax for
over 75s will also soon be done.

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Anthony Oliver

What on earth is this partisan political post doing on here? The only relevant item was that regarding MH Road Tax!

Alan Morris

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:40, Anthony Oliver <tonyysue@hotmail.com> wrote:

What on earth is this partisan political post doing on here? The only relevant item was that regarding MH Road Tax!
I've not seen any "partisan political post" here, but presume you are
referring to my posting to both lists about the budget and the
speaker's closing statements.

I posted facts and it was a heavy redacted reply that included the
government's reversal of the 705% increase in motorhome road tax.

I thought that those about to buy should get the news as soon as possible.

I was the first to post this important information on this list and am
not a committed member of a political party - only posting facts.

Carol Weaver

I haven’t seen anything to object to.

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 21:44, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:40, Anthony Oliver <tonyysue@...> wrote:

> What on earth is this partisan political post doing on here? The only relevant item was that regarding MH Road Tax!

I've not seen any "partisan political post" here, but presume you are
referring to my posting to both lists about the budget and the
speaker's closing statements.

I posted facts and it was a heavy redacted reply that included the
government's reversal of the 705% increase in motorhome road tax.

I thought that those about to buy should get the news as soon as possible.

I was the first to post this important information on this list and am
not a committed member of a political party - only posting facts.

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Sandytrax

I thought it was a lot of irrelevant tosh and deleted it.

On 14 Mar 2020, at 00:59, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

I haven’t seen anything to object to.

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 21:44, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:40, Anthony Oliver <tonyysue@...> wrote:

> What on earth is this partisan political post doing on here? The only relevant item was that regarding MH Road Tax!

I've not seen any "partisan political post" here, but presume you are
referring to my posting to both lists about the budget and the
speaker's closing statements.

I posted facts and it was a heavy redacted reply that included the
government's reversal of the 705% increase in motorhome road tax.

I thought that those about to buy should get the news as soon as possible.

I was the first to post this important information on this list and am
not a committed member of a political party - only posting facts.

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Derek Sims

Alan
I thought your posting was both interesting and relevant. It picked up on something which I had missed in the budget summary. I know the two main clubs and the NCC have been lobbying for this change for some time, but lobbying, even when there’s a sympathetic ear, doesn’t always succeed.

We’ve just received our first Road Tax renewal and I was relieved to find it was not several hundred pounds. The initial tax was part of the sale price so I didn’t know what had been paid.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Derek

Sent using the GMX mail app

On 13/03/2020 at 21:44, Alan Morris wrote:

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:40, Anthony Oliver <tonyysue@hotmail.com> wrote:

What on earth is this partisan political post doing on here? The only relevant item was that regarding MH Road Tax!
I've not seen any "partisan political post" here, but presume you are
referring to my posting to both lists about the budget and the
speaker's closing statements.

I posted facts and it was a heavy redacted reply that included the
government's reversal of the 705% increase in motorhome road tax.

I thought that those about to buy should get the news as soon as possible.

I was the first to post this important information on this list and am
not a committed member of a political party - only posting facts.

Peter S

The first sentence looked political to me.

Please drop.

Thanks.

Peter S
Moderator

Sent from BlueMail

On 13 Mar 2020, at 22:59, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
I haven’t seen anything to object to.

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 21:44, Alan Morris < alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:40, Anthony Oliver < tonyysue@...> wrote:

> What on earth is this partisan political post doing on here? The only relevant item was that regarding MH Road Tax!

I've not seen any "partisan political post" here, but presume you are
referring to my posting to both lists about the budget and the
speaker's closing statements.

I posted facts and it was a heavy redacted reply that included the
government's reversal of the 705% increase in motorhome road tax.

I thought that those about to buy should get the news as soon as possible.

I was the first to post this important information on this list and am
not a committed member of a political party - only posting facts.

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Carol Weaver

Ah see it was a copy forwarded by Sean that is the cause not the information Alan added

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 at 07:44, Peter S <peter@...> wrote:
The first sentence looked political to me.

Please drop.

Thanks.

Peter S
Moderator

Sent from BlueMail
On 13 Mar 2020, at 22:59, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
I haven’t seen anything to object to.

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 21:44, Alan Morris < alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:40, Anthony Oliver < tonyysue@...> wrote:

> What on earth is this partisan political post doing on here? The only relevant item was that regarding MH Road Tax!

I've not seen any "partisan political post" here, but presume you are
referring to my posting to both lists about the budget and the
speaker's closing statements.

I posted facts and it was a heavy redacted reply that included the
government's reversal of the 705% increase in motorhome road tax.

I thought that those about to buy should get the news as soon as possible.

I was the first to post this important information on this list and am
not a committed member of a political party - only posting facts.

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

kenny.macdougall

Move on.

I thought it was a lot of irrelevant tosh and deleted it.

On 14 Mar 2020, at 00:59, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

I haven’t seen anything to object to.

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 21:44, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:40, Anthony Oliver <tonyysue@...> wrote:

> What on earth is this partisan political post doing on here? The only relevant item was that regarding MH Road Tax!

I've not seen any "partisan political post" here, but presume you are
referring to my posting to both lists about the budget and the
speaker's closing statements.

I posted facts and it was a heavy redacted reply that included the
government's reversal of the 705% increase in motorhome road tax.

I thought that those about to buy should get the news as soon as possible.

I was the first to post this important information on this list and am
not a committed member of a political party - only posting facts.

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Peter S

Yes Carol.

Peter S

Ah see it was a copy forwarded by Sean that is the cause not the information Alan added

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 at 07:44, Peter S <peter@...> wrote:

The first sentence looked political to me.

Please drop.

Thanks.

Peter S

Moderator

Sent from BlueMail

On 13 Mar 2020, at 22:59, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

I haven’t seen anything to object to.

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 21:44, Alan Morris < alan.g4ens@...> wrote:

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:40, Anthony Oliver < tonyysue@...> wrote:

> What on earth is this partisan political post doing on here? The only relevant item was that regarding MH Road Tax!

I've not seen any "partisan political post" here, but presume you are
referring to my posting to both lists about the budget and the
speaker's closing statements.

I posted facts and it was a heavy redacted reply that included the
government's reversal of the 705% increase in motorhome road tax.

I thought that those about to buy should get the news as soon as possible.

I was the first to post this important information on this list and am
not a committed member of a political party - only posting facts.

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Thanks Kenny.

Peter S

I thought it was a lot of irrelevant tosh and deleted it.

On 14 Mar 2020, at 00:59, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

I haven’t seen anything to object to.

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 21:44, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:40, Anthony Oliver <tonyysue@...> wrote:

> What on earth is this partisan political post doing on here? The only relevant item was that regarding MH Road Tax!

I've not seen any "partisan political post" here, but presume you are
referring to my posting to both lists about the budget and the
speaker's closing statements.

I posted facts and it was a heavy redacted reply that included the
government's reversal of the 705% increase in motorhome road tax.

I thought that those about to buy should get the news as soon as possible.

I was the first to post this important information on this list and am
not a committed member of a political party - only posting facts.

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Thanks Kenny.
From: motorhome-list@groups.io [mailto:motorhome-list@groups.io] On Behalf
Of kenny.macdougall

Move on.
Somewhat difficult in Spain with C-virus "clampdown" on m-home
campsiting in Spain.

Got to say this List sadly somewhat humourless (laughter best
medicine) when an inadvertent cartoon-like posting on the subject
strayed from OTlist and caused such reaction.

I've just posted on FB in answer to whether my travels had been
affected: "First time yesterday. At campsite reception doors shut -
had to check in through a side window!
Catalonia has ordered the closure of most public spaces but loads of
weekender Spanish folk have still descended on Camping Park Prades."

Surely motorhoming is as much about cracked basins as where we can
actually use our vans.

I'd say instead of "move on" we lighten up.

Campervan Tim, 'trapped' in Spanish sunshine.

Carol Weaver

Totally agree. The actual part of post was good news about the budget.  BUT IT REFERRED to motorhomes.

PErsonnaly having been in this list since 2000/2001 just after Andy started it I never liked the splitting of the list. It get stray off times but eventually the posts stopped

Bill Lupton used to post some Irish stories always interesting but not about Motorhomes and he got told to disappear which was a shame. I’m still in touch with Bill

So as Kenny said move on scroll past

Carol

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 at 06:57, Derek Sims <derek.sims@gmx.com> wrote:

Alan
I thought your posting was both interesting and relevant. It picked up on something which I had missed in the budget summary. I know the two main clubs and the NCC have been lobbying for this change for some time, but lobbying, even when there’s a sympathetic ear, doesn’t always succeed.

We’ve just received our first Road Tax renewal and I was relieved to find it was not several hundred pounds. The initial tax was part of the sale price so I didn’t know what had been paid.

Thanks for keeping us informed.
Thanks Derek for your support. You took my posting as I had intended.
I did retain a very small part of the previous post in the topic on
OUR ot-list, so that readers could understand the context of the
thread, which is good practice.

If I nastily responded to all postings I read on many lists that I did
not agree with, it would be a full time job!

Reducing taxes is something that most folk like to hear about. End of
topic here.

Alan.

Ernest Bull

On 14 Mar 2020, at 11:40, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:

Campervan Tim, 'trapped' in Spanish sunshine.

It looks like touring Europe could be a bit of a lottery with sudden restrictions and closing of borders. I am thinking of those on these pages recently planning routes to the remoter regions of Eastern Europe.

Thinking about it, though, motorhomers should be seen as a very low risk, for they travel and exist in an almost permanent quarantine.
_________

ErnB

I'm Bazbro

Maybe we will be required to ring a bell as we proceed in our m/homes through towns and villages?  What's French for "Unclean... unclean...!"?

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020, 5:28 pm Ernest Bull, <ernb32@...> wrote:
On 14 Mar 2020, at 11:40, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:

Campervan Tim, 'trapped' in Spanish sunshine.

It looks like touring Europe could be a bit of a lottery with sudden restrictions and closing of borders. I am thinking of those on these pages recently planning routes to the remoter regions of Eastern Europe.

Thinking about it, though, motorhomers should be seen as a very low risk, for they travel and exist in an almost permanent quarantine.
_________

Careful.... you maybe breaking list humour guidelines.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/schengen-area-crisis-eu-states-close-borders-as-coronavirus-outbreak-grips-bloc/

Thinking about it, though, motorhomers should be seen as a very low risk,
for they travel and exist in an almost permanent quarantine.
_________

You are asking to be banned, Tim!!! LOL!!!

Peter S

wrote:

> Maybe we will be required to ring a bell as we proceed in our m/homes
> through towns and villages? What's French for "Unclean... unclean...!"?
>
> On Sat, 14 Mar 2020, 5:28 pm Ernest Bull, wrote:
>
>> On 14 Mar 2020, at 11:40, timsinc Sinclair wrote:
>>
>> Campervan Tim, 'trapped' in Spanish sunshine.
>>

>> It looks like touring Europe could be a bit of a lottery with sudden
>> restrictions and closing of borders. I am thinking of those on these
>> pages
>> recently planning routes to the remoter regions of Eastern Europe.
>>

>> https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/schengen-area-crisis-eu-states-close-borders-as-coronavirus-outbreak-grips-bloc/
>>

>> Thinking about it, though, motorhomers should be seen as a very low risk,
>> for they travel and exist in an almost permanent quarantine.
>> _________
>>
>> ErnB

M Stevenson

Sei vorsichtig, Witze sind verboten.