Topics

Official Page of "Mobile Solar Power - Made Easy!" - Mobile Solar Power Made Easy! (mobile-solarpower.com)

kenny.macdougall

Hi All,

I also bought a Bluetooth solar controller monitor module to use on my setup.   

Cheers

Kenny

Skye

From: motorhome-list@groups.io [mailto:motorhome-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of kenny.macdougall via groups.io
Sent: 01 December 2020 09:07
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Subject: [motorhome-list] Official Page of "Mobile Solar Power - Made Easy!" - Mobile Solar Power Made Easy! (mobile-solarpower.com)

Have a look @ this for solar panels building.

Cheers

Kenny

Skye

Official Page of "Mobile Solar Power - Made Easy!" - Mobile Solar Power Made Easy! (mobile-solarpower.com)

From: motorhome-list@groups.io [mailto:motorhome-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of kenny.macdougall via groups.io
Sent: 27 November 2020 07:42
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Battery chargers

Yes bought  the side brackets will be fitting it myself maybe get my wife to help.

Thanks for your help.

Kenny

Skye 

From: motorhome-list@groups.io [mailto:motorhome-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Brent
Sent: 26 November 2020 21:41
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Battery chargers

Hi Kenny

Well done mate - good choice and glad you went for dual channel, did you go for side brackets as well?

Fitting it yourself or have a good friend to help? It's a daunting task if it's your first - just need to take it easy and work/rework everything before starting

Have you double checked no internal wiring where you are going through roof?

Professional sat installer told us how they were fitting system to brand new A/T and they ended up drilling where internal wiring loom was - didn't dare ask how they overcame problem as they were fitting system to our brand new A/T!! Would have been better if they had on ours as we only kept it for 11 months and it's still for sale where we traded it in - over 12 months later!!!?

Take care, best wishes all

Trevor Mace

Hi Kenny,

I also have a bluetooth solar controller and, after a few frantic weeks looking at the readings every 5 minutes, you will forget you have it and magically the controller will just get on with providing (almost) free charging!

Trevor

On 02/12/2020 12:08, kenny.macdougall via groups.io wrote:

Hi All,

Cheers

Kenny

Skye

Virus-free. www.avg.com

kenny.macdougall

Hi Trevor,

What kit do you have and did you find it difficult to program with the blue tooth .

Cheers

Kenny    

From: motorhome-list@groups.io [mailto:motorhome-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Trevor Mace
Sent: 02 December 2020 14:33
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Official Page of "Mobile Solar Power - Made Easy!" - Mobile Solar Power Made Easy! (mobile-solarpower.com)

Hi Kenny,

I also have a bluetooth solar controller and, after a few frantic weeks looking at the readings every 5 minutes, you will forget you have it and magically the controller will just get on with providing (almost) free charging!

Trevor

On 02/12/2020 12:08, kenny.macdougall via groups.io wrote:

Hi All,

Cheers

Kenny

Skye

Image removed by sender.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Trevor Mace

Hi Kenny,

On the present 'van - a Westfalia Amundsen 600D, I have a Victron 75/15 Smart Solar Controller and a 150W 28V Flexible Panel.  Thinking of adding a second panel.

I fitted a flexible panel to my last 'van, a Bilbos Celex, and that was very successful too. I like flexible panels as they are lighter and more aerodynamic.

Regards, Trevor

On 03/12/2020 08:50, kenny.macdougall via groups.io wrote:

Hi Trevor,

What kit do you have and did you find it difficult to program with the blue tooth .

Cheers

Kenny    

Virus-free. www.avg.com