not the same

timsinc Sinclair

I reckon for us old-timers, our lifestyle with its freedom to roam
certainly won't be the same post-Covid.
Staycation boom predicted headline over photo of caravan heading for a pitch.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55659639

No instant driving off on a whim - instead well-advanced planning and
booking and I expect stricter curbs on wild camping. Why we need to
back Andy's efforts with CAMpRA.

TimS

Bennett Family

Tim,

Agreed.

I think we’ll look back and realise just how lucky we were to have had the opportunity & freedom to wander almost everywhere. COVID restrictions, Brexit, the Economy & Climate change are likely to conspire to make it almost impossible for the next generation to have that freedom.

However, I’m sure we’ll make the best of whatever is available.

Martin

On 16 Jan 2021, at 17:25, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@gmail.com> wrote:

I reckon for us old-timers, our lifestyle with its freedom to roam
certainly won't be the same post-Covid.
Staycation boom predicted headline over photo of caravan heading for a pitch.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55659639

No instant driving off on a whim - instead well-advanced planning and
booking and I expect stricter curbs on wild camping. Why we need to
back Andy's efforts with CAMpRA.

TimS

David Scholes

Tim, Martin,

On cannot disagree with your opinions.
I have my my on SORN but I had it MOTd last month and I am in the process of renewing my passport (bit slow because they mislaid my old one) all ready for a quick run down to Portugal for the end of winter and now look at it. Portugal locked down because Brazil have got themselves a new variant and we are now locked down even tighter.
The way it is looking even going south next winter is looking doubtful. So what is left? Summer rallies with the CCC or the like seems the only thing left and for those one is probably better off with a caravan.
Oh dear!

David

On 16 Jan 2021, at 18:37, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

David,

Thanks for reminding me I need to renew my passport.

Martin

On 16 Jan 2021, at 18:55, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Just done my swapping burgundy one for blue - before sure-to-come rush when Covid passes. Next job: the Ghic card.

Tim s

On 16 Jan 2021, at 17:25, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:

I reckon for us old-timers, our lifestyle with its freedom to roam
certainly won't be the same post-Covid.
Staycation boom predicted headline over photo of caravan heading for a pitch.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55659639

No instant driving off on a whim - instead well-advanced planning and
booking and I expect stricter curbs on wild camping. Why we need to
back Andy's efforts with CAMpRA.

TimS

Alan Morris

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 at 18:55, David Scholes via groups.io
<scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

The way it is looking even going south next winter is looking doubtful. So what is left? Summer rallies with the CCC or the like seems the only thing left and for those one is probably better off with a caravan.
Oh dear!
I had suggested to my wife that we sell our, as it was, 4 year old
Hymer. But she disagreed.

A short while later, I again broached the subject and this time she
agreed with me. Then a further lockdown before we could do anything.
I thought that going back to a caravan might be a way ahead, as we are
members of a small caravanning club of radio hams. We had rallies on
privately owned fields as the club has an exemption certificate. That
plus a few booked campsites well in advance could be the best
available.

Alan.

David Scholes

Yes, mine had seven months left which is now six months and I have not got it back yet though there is no panic as I’m not going anywhere soon.

BTW I moved from off the moors and now live south of you instead of NE.

David