NHS Covid Pass Letter.

Don Madge

NHS Covid Pass Letter,
You can now obtain a letter confirming your vaccination status. This may be needed to use if travelling abroad and domestically at events and venues in the UK. It will state the date of your covid vaccination. You will need your NHS Number, located on an appointment letter, prescription, online NHS website or by calling 119 (select the Covid Pass Service ) https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

Carol Weaver

Hi Don. You can also download NHS app and go through registration and your Covid tests appear. If you click for travel you see them

If going to France you can download the TousAntiCovid app and scan using QR the codes into that for France

HTH

Carol

On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 14:42, Don Madge <don.madge@...> wrote:
NHS Covid Pass Letter,
You can now obtain a letter confirming your vaccination status. This may be needed to use if travelling abroad and domestically at events and venues in the UK. It will state the date of your covid vaccination. You will need your NHS Number, located on an appointment letter, prescription, online NHS website or by calling 119 (select the Covid Pass Service ) https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

Don Madge

Thanks Carol but we don't have a smart phone.

On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 14:45, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
Hi Don. You can also download NHS app and go through registration and your Covid tests appear. If you click for travel you see them

If going to France you can download the TousAntiCovid app and scan using QR the codes into that for France

HTH

Carol

On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 14:42, Don Madge <don.madge@...> wrote:
NHS Covid Pass Letter,
You can now obtain a letter confirming your vaccination status. This may be needed to use if travelling abroad and domestically at events and venues in the UK. It will state the date of your covid vaccination. You will need your NHS Number, located on an appointment letter, prescription, online NHS website or by calling 119 (select the Covid Pass Service ) https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

Don,

I consider an iPhone & iPad as essential equipment for both work & home. I’d struggle now without either, but could probably exist without my computer.

They are so easy and simple to use.

Martin

On 8 Aug 2021, at 14:48, Don Madge <don.madge@...> wrote:

[...]

Martin,
I have benign tremors and arthritis in my hands. I've tried using an I pad but my hands shake too much and with the arthritis i find it impossible to manage.
I have a laptop which I can just about manage using a mouse.
Don

On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 16:05, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

I agree Martin. Decided early this year to sell my 2010 IMAC 27” as wasn’t using it. A young lady just starting nursing training was delighted to buy it.

So cope with a mini iPad and iPhone.  Did buy a Mscbook Air with the N1 chip but again not really using it.

Carol

[...]

On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 15:05, Bennett Family via groups.io
<martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

I consider an iPhone & iPad as essential equipment for both work & home. I’d struggle now without either, but could probably exist without my computer.

They are so easy and simple to use.
Getting a tad OT, but with few MH topics being discussed, keeps the
list active and many use these devices when motorhoming.

I bought one of the earliest mobile cell phones. It was very heavy
and had to be carried in a shoulder bag as big and heavy as two house
bricks. I was a heavy user of Psion computers (PDAs), and still use
one everyday. All easy to use.

The modern Apple and Android devices, however, I find are not easy to
use. For a start, too many miss-types, slowing down typing - never
had this problem on Psions or Panasonic laptops with touch screens.
Icons that are difficult to decode, so have to be tested to discover
what they do.

Our main Android phone's battery is failing, so a new phone has been
purchased. Another Android of the same make. Changes for change's
sake have been made, so I'm having a problem using it.

At the bottom of the screen were 3 icons. The one on the left shows
apps in use, allowing closure or changing to. The centre displays the
pages of desktop icons to select any app. The one on the right, goes
back to the previous screen.

These icons are now gone! Searching on the internet does not find any
information on this loss of features, nor how to perform those tasks.

Any suggestions, please?

Mine are below the main colour screen in a black area but on my wife's newer one they are actually at the bottom of the colour screen.

Peter S

On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 15:57, Peter S <peter@stallwood.com> wrote:

Mine are below the main colour screen in a black area but on my wife's newer one they are actually at the bottom of the colour screen.
Thanks Peter. Now attempting to use again.

At times at the bottom of the screen, a thin horizontal line in the
centre, when pushed up shows the running apps, but not always visible.
At times in lower left and right are displayed corner brackets that do
nothing.

Very confusing.

Whereare the grandchildren? They'll show you.

TimS

On 08/08/2021, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 15:57, Peter S <peter@stallwood.com> wrote:

Mine are below the main colour screen in a black area but on my wife's
newer one they are actually at the bottom of the colour screen.
Thanks Peter. Now attempting to use again.

At times at the bottom of the screen, a thin horizontal line in the
centre, when pushed up shows the running apps, but not always visible.
At times in lower left and right are displayed corner brackets that do
nothing.

Very confusing.

That explains it. Otherwise it would be like a duck to water ;-)

Martin

On 8 Aug 2021, at 16:28, Don Madge <don.madge@...> wrote:

[...]

On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 16:16, Alan Morris via groups.io
<alan.g4ens=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

At times at the bottom of the screen, a thin horizontal line in the
centre, when pushed up shows the running apps, but not always visible.
At times in lower left and right are displayed corner brackets that do
nothing.
I've solved the problem.

In Settings ¦ Navigation bar, there are two options for the
Navigation bar (that's what I was describing is called).

Gesture navigation or Virtual key. Selecting the key option has
restored back to the original (old) method.

Tim's suggestion - ask the GKs, only works if one has one.

I guess that many folk find this 'hunt the thimble' game part of the
fun of getting a new device.

Now an iPhone I might have helped!!!

Half the problem is finding the words to actually google the solution.

Never mind a good trawl around the settings is always worth doing

Carol

On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 22:06, Carol Weaver <corconx@gmail.com> wrote:

Half the problem is finding the words to actually google the solution.
This has always been a major problem with "Help". One needs to know
what it's called to be able to find it !!!!

In the 42 years that I've been using PCs, the word navigation calls to
mind maps, compass and GPSrs and not how to select what one wants to
do on a device. Young folk and BoJo are changing the English
language. I still can't find his road maps. Are they published by
the AA?

Alan