Topics

NEC Shows

Alan Morris
 

Having just had one, I see there is another one in the new year.

What is the difference, if any?

Alan

Carol Weaver
 

What are you referring to Alan. I’m lost or a mail us missing

Carol

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 22:02, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
Having just had one, I see there is another one in the new year.

What is the difference, if any?

Alan



--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Alan Morris
 

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 22:08, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

What are you referring to Alan. I’m lost or a mail us missing
We have just had the MOTORHOME AND CARAVAN SHOW, 15 - 20 Oct 2019.

Now advertised is the THE CARAVAN, CAMPING AND MOTORHOME SHOW, 8 - 23 Feb 2020.

Both at the NEC.

Alan.

Carol Weaver
 

Ah ok. But there were always two shows. Feb used to be the bigger but over the last few years October has become the larger

So similar but generally we found out that at a February show many slots for new motorhomes were not available as they had been filled in the mean time

So best is October in UK and Düsseldorf is best if looking for a continental Motorhome in Aug/Sep as new models are on show and a chance to get an April/May delivery. Paris at end if September is bad (as we found out). We didn’t get ours ordered on day 2 of show until 23rd August!!!

Carol

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 22:21, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 22:08, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

> What are you referring to Alan. I’m lost or a mail us missing

We have just had the MOTORHOME AND CARAVAN SHOW, 15 - 20 Oct 2019.

Now advertised is the THE CARAVAN, CAMPING AND MOTORHOME SHOW, 8 - 23 Feb 2020.

Both at the NEC.

Alan.



--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Alan Morris
 

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 22:28, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

Ah ok. But there were always two shows. Feb used to be the bigger but over the last few years October has become the larger

So similar but generally we found out that at a February show many slots for new motorhomes were not available as they had been filled in the mean time

So best is October in UK and Düsseldorf is best if looking for a continental Motorhome in Aug/Sep as new models are on show and a chance to get an April/May delivery. Paris at end if September is bad (as we found out). We didn’t get ours ordered on day 2 of show until 23rd August!!!
Thanks Carol.

Alan.

Neill King \(MH-List\)
 

Not sure I agree with Carol on this occasion - it depends what you are looking for.

Broadly speaking visitors to the October NEC are looking for new model reveals and possibly to place an order for new for delivery in the coming season.

The February NEC has a more immediate feel to it with visitors very interested in accessories and in-stock dealer vans for the imminent season.

The numerous outdoor summer shows also have that immediate feel plus stocks of both new and second-hand vans for sale. (and sometimes second-hand will be the only ones with a particular layout - given the way some features go in and out of fashion).

Dusseldorf is the grand-daddy of them all with vehicles that you just won't come across elsewhere and with the 'marque' stands additionally staffed by dealers who will happily take you off or a tour round their own stock. The big suppliers like Dometic, Thetford etc., also have a major presence. Staying in the Dusseldorf Show camping fields with a multi-day show ticket is an experience not to be missed in my opinion.

I like Paris too, it is very different in feel, has a distinctly French flavour to it right down to extended lunches focussing on several different regional cuisines. Haven't been for a while but they used to be very friendly towards foreign visitors, last time we were there we got free camping for 48 hrs (then pay) and free admission on showing our passports. Carol says 'bad' based on a very long lead time apparently but that can happen with any van/marque that proves unexpectedly popular and is entirely unconnected with Paris as such. Access to paris itself is fairly easy so a day out there is also on the cards.

All offer ample opportunity to talk to suppliers about accessories like airbags, satellite, refillables, mobile broadband, etc. None cover all the suppliers of those items though, there is a wider market too. Excellent for initial research though.

Both Dusseldorf and Paris have huge numbers camping over several days so there is an outdoor show element there too - with owners often more that happy to talk about the pros and cons of their own vans, an education in itself.

They are all worth visiting really. When we were last 'in the market' those visits honed our views and led us into the right short list for us. Only then was there a favourite place to shop.



Best regards

Neill
----------------------------------------------
www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165
neill@... motorcaravanning@...
---------------------------------------------------------
A great on-line motorhome parts & accessory shop & reference

-----Original Message-----
From: motorhome-list@groups.io [mailto:motorhome-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Morris
Sent: 30 October 2019 22:01
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Subject: [motorhome-list] NEC Shows

Having just had one, I see there is another one in the new year.

What is the difference, if any?

Alan

Sandytrax
 

I guess mhers are a varied bunch. Hence, the variety of vehicles and stuff to suit all tastes.

I went to the NEC show for the first time in October 2016 having done a fair amount of research into a new vehicle, having sold my first vehicle some 5 years previously.

I found the event quite overwhelming but my research was helpful in focussing my attention. On the first day I couldn’t find anything suitably exciting and felt a bit disappointed. I did some more research overnight and went back early the next day with greater resolve. Quite quickly, I did a good deal on a van in about an hour for delivery in May 2017. An Autosleeper Fairford. Brilliant van for me. I love it. British made and no problems whatsoever.

I went again in October 2018 for accessories. Once again it was overwhelming and I bought nothing. I saw lots of mega expensive vans which I thought were quite poorly designed.

Not sure if I would be up for Düsseldorf or Paris. Maybe as part of an adventure trip.
Cheers!

Brian

On 31 Oct 2019, at 15:25, Neill King &#92;(MH-List&#92;) <yahoo@...> wrote:

Not sure I agree with Carol on this occasion - it depends what you are looking for.

Broadly speaking visitors to the October NEC are looking for new model reveals and possibly to place an order for new for delivery in the coming season.

The February NEC has a more immediate feel to it with visitors very interested in accessories and in-stock dealer vans for the imminent season.

The numerous outdoor summer shows also have that immediate feel plus stocks of both new and second-hand vans for sale. (and sometimes second-hand will be the only ones with a particular layout - given the way some features go in and out of fashion).

Dusseldorf is the grand-daddy of them all with vehicles that you just won't come across elsewhere and with the 'marque' stands additionally staffed by dealers who will happily take you off or a tour round their own stock. The big suppliers like Dometic, Thetford etc., also have a major presence. Staying in the Dusseldorf Show camping fields with a multi-day show ticket is an experience not to be missed in my opinion.

I like Paris too, it is very different in feel, has a distinctly French flavour to it right down to extended lunches focussing on several different regional cuisines. Haven't been for a while but they used to be very friendly towards foreign visitors, last time we were there we got free camping for 48 hrs (then pay) and free admission on showing our passports. Carol says 'bad' based on a very long lead time apparently but that can happen with any van/marque that proves unexpectedly popular and is entirely unconnected with Paris as such. Access to paris itself is fairly easy so a day out there is also on the cards.

All offer ample opportunity to talk to suppliers about accessories like airbags, satellite, refillables, mobile broadband, etc. None cover all the suppliers of those items though, there is a wider market too. Excellent for initial research though.

Both Dusseldorf and Paris have huge numbers camping over several days so there is an outdoor show element there too - with owners often more that happy to talk about the pros and cons of their own vans, an education in itself.

They are all worth visiting really. When we were last 'in the market' those visits honed our views and led us into the right short list for us. Only then was there a favourite place to shop.



Best regards

Neill
----------------------------------------------
www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165
neill@... motorcaravanning@...
---------------------------------------------------------
A great on-line motorhome parts & accessory shop & reference






-----Original Message-----
From: motorhome-list@groups.io [mailto:motorhome-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Morris
Sent: 30 October 2019 22:01
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Subject: [motorhome-list] NEC Shows

Having just had one, I see there is another one in the new year.

What is the difference, if any?

Alan





Alan Morris
 

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 at 21:58, Sandytrax <brianinspain12@...> wrote:

I saw lots of mega expensive vans which I thought were quite poorly designed.
Sadly much too common these days.

Alan.