motorroamers

timsinc Sinclair

Carol, you mentioned in FB post about a group that discusses life for
full-timers called motorroamers. Important in lockdown days.

Did a search and couldn't find it. Not that I haven't found my own
incredibly lucky solution, but would like to see how others are coping
and for future reference.

Tim

Keith Smith

Tim - try searching FB for Motoroaming instead

Keith

On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 at 13:54, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
Carol, you mentioned in FB post about a group that discusses life for
full-timers called motorroamers. Important in lockdown days.

Did a search and couldn't find it. Not that I haven't found my own
incredibly lucky solution, but would like to see how others are coping
and for future reference.

Tim

Carol Weaver

I’ll send you a link on Feb Tim

Carol

On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 at 13:54, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
Carol, you mentioned in FB post about a group that discusses life for
full-timers called motorroamers. Important in lockdown days.

Did a search and couldn't find it. Not that I haven't found my own
incredibly lucky solution, but would like to see how others are coping
and for future reference.

Tim

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

phipps_paul

Sorry for butting in. The site is called Motorhomefun. Under the forum list is a sub-forum dedicated for full-timers. It’s a good site. Lots of info for all. Hope that helps. Take care and stay safe.
Kind regards
Paul

On 29 Mar 2020, at 13:54, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@gmail.com> wrote:

Carol, you mentioned in FB post about a group that discusses life for
full-timers called motorroamers. Important in lockdown days.

Did a search and couldn't find it. Not that I haven't found my own
incredibly lucky solution, but would like to see how others are coping
and for future reference.

Tim

Bennett Family

There’s this one

On 29 Mar 2020, at 13:54, timsinc Sinclair via Groups.Io <timsinc@...> wrote:

Carol, you mentioned in FB post about a group that discusses life for
full-timers called motorroamers. Important in lockdown days.

Did a search and couldn't find it. Not that I haven't found my own
incredibly lucky solution, but would like to see how others are coping
and for future reference.

Tim

timsinc Sinclair

Thanks Carol - successfully followed your links - and to all who gave
suggestions.

Saw SearchforSites owner Ian Curtis posted on Motoroamers Chat that a
campsite near Lincoln open for full-timers.

What a harrowing time for everyone.

Campervan Tim, on bro-in-law's drive, keeping distant and and not
touching bare-handed 'common' things like dustbin lids. Outside loo
exclusive my space. Tap and power point behind me. Drain under my
waste outlet.

On 29/03/2020, Carol Weaver <corconx@gmail.com> wrote:
I’ll send you a link on Feb Tim

Carol

On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 at 13:54, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@gmail.com> wrote:

Carol, you mentioned in FB post about a group that discusses life for
full-timers called motorroamers. Important in lockdown days.

Did a search and couldn't find it. Not that I haven't found my own
incredibly lucky solution, but would like to see how others are coping
and for future reference.

Tim

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

These people are in Lincoln

“ We have picked up our brand new Iveco chassis Liner for Two from Camper UK and were intending on a long European holiday. Well that's not happening now. Because we are fully self contained for the long haul we have been kindly allowed to remain at the Leisure Centre and we will be spending at least the next three weeks walking and cycling around here keeping up the isolation schedule. We have no other home to go to as our home in NZ is now rented out and our home here is our motorhome and very comfortable it is. We would be grateful to know where else might be available for self contained camping down near Reading or Chichester. There does need to be some consideration given to this life style by the government.
It is a most beautiful vehicle. I am very very impressed with the quality of workmanship and the finish and thought that has gone into every aspect. We have Satellite and WiFi on board so we are well equipped for the long haul. The shower is gorgeous. The bed super comfortable and the sofa etc just so comfortable. I'm really glad we spend all this money to get the best.”

This was on the Carthago Owners NZ FaceBook page.

Martin

On 29 Mar 2020, at 17:53, timsinc Sinclair via Groups.Io <timsinc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

That was one the other is different

Perhaps stump can send links I sent him earlier

Carol

On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 at 14:52, phipps_paul via Groups.Io <phipps_paul=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Sorry for butting in. The site is called Motorhomefun. Under the forum list is a sub-forum dedicated for full-timers. It’s a good site. Lots of info for all. Hope that helps. Take care and stay safe.
Kind regards
Paul
> On 29 Mar 2020, at 13:54, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
>
> Carol, you mentioned in FB post about a group that discusses life for
> full-timers called motorroamers. Important in lockdown days.
>
> Did a search and couldn't find it. Not that I haven't found my own
> incredibly lucky solution, but would like to see how others are coping
> and for future reference.
>
> Tim

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

timsinc Sinclair

Yes, Martin. Camper UK owner's brother runs the campsite there and is
taking in full timers - and today said to be plenty of spaces. Water,
elec and waste dumping £16 a night. No other facilities.

As for the Carthago posters, no chance staying around Reading (my home
turf) unless someone's private drive. Of Chichester I have no
knowledge.

Campervan Tim