Motorhome WiFi

Bennett Family

I managed to press the reset button on my ancient (2012) iBoost D8 unit which wipes out the correct settings and for which the instructions say “Do not press the rest button on”.

I emailed Adam & Sophie at https://www.motorhomewifi.com/home/ at lunchtime today, Sunday, expecting a reply within a few days. Within minutes the full instructions arrived and after spending 15 minutes or so changing the settings everything appears to be back to normal. The proof of the pudding is if you receive this!

Excellent service - recommended.

Excellent service, I agree. Although bought 4/5 years ago, Adam has
always (and recently) sorted out mifi/iBoost problems about which I
emailed him. Worth far more than buying equivalent at some ebay
discount.

TimS

On 16/06/2019, Bennett Family <martin@hymer.demon.co.uk> wrote:

I managed to press the reset button on my ancient (2012) iBoost D8 unit
which wipes out the correct settings and for which the instructions say “Do
not press the rest button on”.

I emailed Adam & Sophie at https://www.motorhomewifi.com/home/ at lunchtime
today, Sunday, expecting a reply within a few days. Within minutes the full
instructions arrived and after spending 15 minutes or so changing the
settings everything appears to be back to normal. The proof of the pudding
is if you receive this!

Excellent service - recommended.

Steve Pyke

Hi,

Although I have the iboost gizmo and a couple of external aerials I haven't used them for a long time.

Even my Fon setup never picks up any SFR connections while we have been in France and rarely works for BT with Fon.

I have a Three 12gb 12 month SIM half used and a back up that has been connected but will last until next May (I hope !!) which is in my mifi unit, but I also have a Giffgaff SIM in an old Moto e4 phone.

 I bought a 20+1gb goody bag for £20 that now has 4 days left of the 30 days and 4.5 GB left. This has worked mostly well, set up as a hotspot for our various phones and tablets both iPad and android. It has always connected at 4g with various French providers Orange , SFR, Boyguese ( or whatever they are called). There is a 20gb limit while roaming and I won't need it after the next few days. We even streamed a BBC 4 documentary for an hour last night and listening to radio 4 via the awful BBC sounds app each day hasn't used much.

I used to have a Three rolling contract for £15 a month but only used it for a couple of months a year except when I lent it to my son for a two week holiday abroad and they went over the allowance which cost me £36!!

There seem to be so many offers and the market keeps changing so I will review my needs as and when we are travelling.

We've found many French campsites are offering free Weefee that works adequately this year none of this one device at a time malarkey!

Steve