Maps.Me app and POIs

Buff and Hugh

In an earlier discussion Max Stevenson mentioned (post #101582) using Map.Me software with Archies POIs. This app looks good for displaying easily available topographic maps (from OpenStreetMap), but how easy is it to import POIs?

Hugh

M Stevenson

Hi Hugh,

Fairly simple, just click on the POI file in kml (Google earth/igo) format, and choose option to open in maps.me
They then appear on the map, and you can toggle them on or off as required.

Cheers
Max

ps. Currently touring a cool, grey Northumberland. Very busy here at Dunstan. Everywhere seems full. Even little CLs and CSs. Over a month ago, we had a job booking a sensible itinerary. Own facilities are a must.

Buff and Hugh

Thanks, Max.

I've done that (for the UK POI set) and it works, except that they all go into a list called Bookmarks. Have you found a way of getting different bookmarks into different lists?

Hugh

M Stevenson

Hi Hugh,

Here's a link to Website explaining how to edit bookmarks.

https://support.maps.me/hc/en-us/articles/208624945-How-to-edit-bookmarks-

Hope that helps
Max

Buff and Hugh

Thanks. That is helpful.

It looks like a good app to have on while driving around so that we can see what's around us. I've used OsmAnd sometimes in the past. This uses the same maps, but seems to make it easier to get the maps for each region that we're interested in, and has a much simpler user interface.

Hugh