Lunatic Trippers

Neill King \(MH-List\)

BBC News Report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52277535

A family claimed a 500-mile round Lake District trip was acceptable if they wore masks and gloves, police said.

They were stopped by officers in Lancashire as they enforced the coronavirus lockdown rules.

The family admitted driving from Greater London on Easter Monday.

Lancashire Police issued the driver with a fine and sent them back home. The family were criticised as "absolute idiots" and called "clowns" after the force posted about it on Twitter.

Stay home, stay safe.

Best regards

Neill

www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165

neill@... motorcaravanning@...

A great on-line motorhome parts & accessory shop & reference

Carol Weaver

It’s ridiculous. What don’t people understand

Carol

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 12:07, Neill King &#92;(MH-List&#92;) <yahoo@...> wrote:

BBC News Report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52277535

A family claimed a 500-mile round Lake District trip was acceptable if they wore masks and gloves, police said.

They were stopped by officers in Lancashire as they enforced the coronavirus lockdown rules.

The family admitted driving from Greater London on Easter Monday.

Lancashire Police issued the driver with a fine and sent them back home. The family were criticised as "absolute idiots" and called "clowns" after the force posted about it on Twitter.

Stay home, stay safe.

Best regards

Neill

www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165

neill@... motorcaravanning@...

A great on-line motorhome parts & accessory shop & reference

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Carol Weaver

Coronavirus: Family fined for London to Devon fishing trip https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-52261055

We got them too.  My problem is the fines are not enough. Make them high and payable on the spot like in France/Spain.

We are way too lenient

[...]

Mike

Isn’t there a case for confiscating “tools which the accused intended using in committing an offence” in other words leave ‘em walk home.

Below comtempt.

Mike Kemp

[...]

Sandytrax

Is this conversation relevant to Motorhomes?
Is it helpful?
I don’t think so.
Refrain from negative judgements people.
Please.
Many thanks
Best wishes
Brian

[...]

They were campervanning – it is relevant.  Our own judgements are seconded by the police and by a subsequent social media outburst too. This behaviour is unacceptable and could tar all of us with the same brush - we do need to stand up and be counted.

Best regards

Neill   (Neill is deaf and doesn’t use the phone)
www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165

neill@... motorcaravanning@...

On-line motorhome parts & accessory shop with added information

[...]

I totally agree with you Neill

I know it isn’t only Motorhome owners but sadly they are amongst them flouting they ruled

This group used to go off topic and Andy used to allow it as originally he thought it was similar to us meeting up and general conversations around a campfire

So if things you see you don’t like you don’t join in you move away.  If this is ONLY about Motorhomes then it loses what it had. I didn’t like the spin off OT site and have joined and left a few times. I think it’s only men and they chat about other things.

I miss so much of what this group had. I miss Ernie a lot and his chats. I miss. Bill too

Carol

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 18:44, Neill King &#92;(MH-List&#92;) <yahoo@...> wrote:

[...]

I agree with you Carol.
I miss how this group used to be a helpful and informative forum about Motorhomes.
Now it appears to have descended into an oldies moaning session. There are plenty of social media sites for that.

I know that these are challenging times but please let’s try to keep it real and relevant and helpful.
Peace, love and understanding
Brian

On 14 Apr 2020, at 18:52, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

Alan Morris

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 17:52, Carol Weaver <corconx@gmail.com> wrote:

I totally agree with you Neill
I'll add my support as well.

This group used to go off topic and Andy used to allow it as originally he thought it was similar to us meeting up and general conversations around a campfire

So if things you see you don’t like you don’t join in you move away. If this is ONLY about Motorhomes then it loses what it had. I didn’t like the spin off OT site and have joined and left a few times. I think it’s only men and they chat about other things.
Unfortunately our (yes it was part of this list) OT list has degraded,
but I still read some and post a little.

I miss so much of what this group had. I miss Ernie a lot and his chats. I miss. Bill too
Yes Carol, too many have departed this list. I broke the news about
the government's about turn on motorhome taxation and got reprimanded.

With no one motorhoming, apart from in their/friend's back garden or
drive, then the spirit of the old campfire needs to be encouraged.
Sadly real campfires now appear to be a thing of the past.

OTT moderation kills lists and groups like this one. I can't recall
her name (French?) but in the early days of this list she had a
similar list, which she over moderated and it disappeared. Carol
might remember her name.

We need to keep this group running for when things return to normal.
As a radio ham, many have noticed a resurgence in the number of ham to
ham voice conversions taking place. So like the old gentleman aged
100 less a few days, he is taking a good advantage in these difficult
times and helping others survive.

French - Louisa was in Spain I think

Andy and Ange used to be here too. Last heard of living in France.

Hilary -  and Steve husband have just sold their Autostar bought from Marty  remember him?  He introduced me to Düsseldorf. He used to go and came back with all new info. Engines etc

Marty has been very ill and I’m hoping he is ok at the moment

Hilary I’m in touch with on Facebook they’ve moved from Ocford to Northumberland. Hilary was always on about water an industry she’d worked in and after full timing for a bit in her campervan in UK   We met up in NEC with Marty one year

She also used to talk skillets

Bill Lupton in Ireland used to tell wonders Irish stories that got him chucked out but I met up with him in Ireland on their annual rally. He also kindly sent me a copy of the Irish Taverns Trail to stop at  Lovely man. Wish he would come back. But like all of us he too is getting on. Again in contact via Facebook

Carol

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 18:49, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 17:52, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

> I totally agree with you Neill

I'll add my support as well.

> This group used to go off topic and Andy used to allow it as originally he thought it was similar to us meeting up and general conversations around a campfire
>
> So if things you see you don’t like you don’t join in you move away.  If this is ONLY about Motorhomes then it loses what it had. I didn’t like the spin off OT site and have joined and left a few times. I think it’s only men and they chat about other things.

Unfortunately our (yes it was part of this list) OT list has degraded,
but I still read some and post a little.

> I miss so much of what this group had. I miss Ernie a lot and his chats. I miss. Bill too

Yes Carol, too many have departed this list.  I broke the news about
the government's about turn on motorhome taxation and got reprimanded.

With no one motorhoming, apart from in their/friend's back garden or
drive, then the spirit of the old campfire needs to be encouraged.
Sadly real campfires now appear to be a thing of the past.

OTT moderation kills lists and groups like this one.  I can't recall
her name (French?) but in the early days of this list she had a
similar list, which she over moderated and it disappeared.  Carol
might remember her name.

We need to keep this group running for when things return to normal.
As a radio ham, many have noticed a resurgence in the number of ham to
ham voice conversions taking place.  So like the old gentleman aged
100 less a few days, he is taking a good advantage in these difficult
times and helping others survive.

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Trevor Mace

Still got my well thumbed copy of the Taverns Trail booklet Bill Lupton kindly sent me for our tour in Southern Ireland. I managed to reply to him with some additions and alterations. Happy days!

Trevor

On 15/04/2020 19:02, Carol Weaver wrote:

Bill Lupton in Ireland used to tell wonders Irish stories that got him chucked out but I met up with him in Ireland on their annual rally. He also kindly sent me a copy of the Irish Taverns Trail to stop at  Lovely man. Wish he would come back. But like all of us he too is getting on. Again in contact via Facebook

Carol Weaver

Trevor when did you go. I think our last trip was 2003. Got call from youngest who had gone to live there in Perth in early Jan asking me to fly out asap as she had been diagnosed with MS.  So came back early

Here are our photos from that trip

We haven’t been back although took Motorhome 3 times and had our honeymoon over there in 65 👍😄

Carol

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 19:12, Trevor Mace <trevor@...> wrote:
Still got my well thumbed copy of the Taverns Trail booklet Bill Lupton
kindly sent me for our tour in Southern Ireland. I managed to reply to
him with some additions and alterations. Happy days!

Trevor

On 15/04/2020 19:02, Carol Weaver wrote:

> Bill Lupton in Ireland used to tell wonders Irish stories that got him
> chucked out but I met up with him in Ireland on their annual rally. He
> also kindly sent me a copy of the Irish Taverns Trail to stop at
>  Lovely man. Wish he would come back. But like all of us he too is
> getting on. Again in contact via Facebook

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

timsinc Sinclair

On 15/04/2020, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@gmail.com> wrote:

Unfortunately our (yes it was part of this list) OT list has degraded,
but I still read some and post a little.
Sorry you think that, Alan. I'm open to suggestions how it can be upgraded.

Tim

PS, maybe best on (or copied to) the OT list.

Carol Weaver

Bring it back into this one

Carol

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 19:57, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
On 15/04/2020, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:

> Unfortunately our (yes it was part of this list) OT list has degraded,
> but I still read some and post a little.

Sorry you think that, Alan. I'm open to suggestions how it can be upgraded.

Tim

PS, maybe best on (or copied to) the OT list.

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Trevor Mace

Carol,

We went in 2008, actually because a friends son was getting married in Cork. Bill Lupton's booklet was very helpful and we also found a new spot that I was able to tell him about. This is an extract from the message I sent to him after:

We found a wild spot at Sheeps Head, Co Cork. GPS N51-32-40 W9-49-42
There's a Cafe at the end of the road and a good sized parking area. The Cafe closes at 6pm and the adjacent toilets are closed at 8pm and opened at 8am by a local man who lives in the nearby cottages.  The toilets are clean and there is a tap at the back of the Cafe but you will need an adjustable spanner as the handle has been removed    We spent a very quiet night there after having walked to the tip of Sheep's Head to see the lighthouse (about a mile)

Don't know if all that is still true!

Trevor

On 15/04/2020 19:54, Carol Weaver wrote:

Trevor when did you go. I think our last trip was 2003. Got call from youngest who had gone to live there in Perth in early Jan asking me to fly out asap as she had been diagnosed with MS.  So came back early

Here are our photos from that trip

We haven’t been back although took Motorhome 3 times and had our honeymoon over there in 65 👍😄

Carol

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 19:12, Trevor Mace <trevor@...> wrote:
Still got my well thumbed copy of the Taverns Trail booklet Bill Lupton
kindly sent me for our tour in Southern Ireland. I managed to reply to
him with some additions and alterations. Happy days!

Trevor

On 15/04/2020 19:02, Carol Weaver wrote:

> Bill Lupton in Ireland used to tell wonders Irish stories that got him
> chucked out but I met up with him in Ireland on their annual rally. He
> also kindly sent me a copy of the Irish Taverns Trail to stop at
>  Lovely man. Wish he would come back. But like all of us he too is
> getting on. Again in contact via Facebook

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Elwyn

On 14/04/2020 18:44, Neill King &#92;(MH-List&#92;) wrote:
They were campervanning – it is relevant.Our own judgements are seconded by the police and by a subsequent social media outburst too. This behaviour is unacceptable and could tar all of us with the same brush - we do need to stand up and be counted.
Best regards
Neill   (Neill is /deaf /and doesn’t use the phone)
In the 4x4 world there are those that go out as well. There was one recently, off road and illegal, and got stuck, then their vehicle toppled onto them so they needed all the blue light services to get them out :(

Those that go out at the moment and request 4x4 response to get them out are being chucked out of FB groups and blocked and banned, as we have groups to go out and help those stuck whilst legally green laning. If they are doing it illegally ie 'Off Piste' or during this time of lockdown, then they are heavily critisized and blocked.

My 4x4 has done the least amount of miles in its lifetime this last month :( Which is a pity as its got its 'occasional overnight camper' credentials now too ;)

Elwyn

Alan Morris

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 12:21, Elwyn <lists@elwyn.org.uk> wrote:

Those that go out at the moment and request 4x4 response to get them out
are being chucked out of FB groups and blocked and banned, as we have
groups to go out and help those stuck whilst legally green laning. If
they are doing it illegally ie 'Off Piste' or during this time of
lockdown, then they are heavily critisized and blocked.
Elwyn I was one of the founding members of 4x4 Response in Norfolk,
with my Discovery being pictured on the A4 folded by 3 leaflet, so
agree with your comments.

Alan.

Elwyn

On 18/04/2020 18:24, Alan Morris wrote:
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 12:21, Elwyn <lists@elwyn.org.uk> wrote:

Those that go out at the moment and request 4x4 response to get them out
are being chucked out of FB groups and blocked and banned, as we have
groups to go out and help those stuck whilst legally green laning. If
they are doing it illegally ie 'Off Piste' or during this time of
lockdown, then they are heavily critisized and blocked.
Elwyn I was one of the founding members of 4x4 Response in Norfolk,
with my Discovery being pictured on the A4 folded by 3 leaflet, so
agree with your comments.
Alan.
Indeed. Surely it is not too hard to stay at home and clean things and relax and plan, than out roaming. Although I can see that some feel hemmed in by things.

Around here they've closed the local parks but people are still parking on all the roads around just to get into the park. Or going to particular places for a walk rather than walk there.

There is a track on the edge of the city leading to a nice walk near the university. Single track forested road. The sides look like its flat enough to park. Leave a car there more than 15 minutes and it sinks to the axles...

But there are still quite a few driving around and even more now treating roads as race tracks in urban areas because its quiet out there.

Dad is at least managing some exercise and the supermarkets deliver and he's looking after himself. At least we have The Internet ;)

Elwyn
NH210 2e0ELW