LPG

Richard

I need to fill my two Gaslow cylinders and find that LPG is now
unobtainable in Cheltenham! I have to drive 20 miles to fill up. I could
wait until we set off on a trip but need to test the van system in case
it is clogged with spiders or other bugs after being off road for 11 months
The two shell stations that did supply in Cheltenham have been revamped
and LPG is history!
Richard

David Scholes

The same thing happened in Oldham but the Texaco started selling it and so did Morrison’s.
If you have either that may help.

David

On 5 May 2021, at 13:22, Richard <edelec@gmx.com> wrote:

I need to fill my two Gaslow cylinders and find that LPG is now
unobtainable in Cheltenham! I have to drive 20 miles to fill up. I could
wait until we set off on a trip but need to test the van system in case
it is clogged with spiders or other bugs after being off road for 11 months
The two shell stations that did supply in Cheltenham have been revamped
and LPG is history!
Richard

Andy Clarke

I've just started looking around for LPG filling station locations ready for a trip to Scotland later this year, the 3 nearest us no longer sell it.

filllpg.co.uk seems to be fairly well updated but the website is a bit clunky and there no Android (or iOS) app.

I've been looking at autogas.app which has an online map and an Android app (no idea about iOS). does anyone use this - any reports on accuracy?

Andy Clarke

On Wed, 5 May 2021 at 13:22, Richard <edelec@...> wrote:
I need to fill my two Gaslow cylinders and find that LPG is now
unobtainable in Cheltenham! I have to drive 20 miles to fill up. I could
wait until we set off on a trip but need to test the van system in case
it is clogged with spiders or other bugs after being off road for 11 months
The two shell stations that did supply in Cheltenham have been revamped
and LPG is history!
Richard

Keith Smith

Andy

myLPG.eu.eu gives an up to date view of nearly all the lpg stations in Eupore - it’s kept up to date by us, the people who use it, with the latest up to date prices and when they were noted. It’s free, so no problem downloading it, available on both iOS and android.

If you’re heading north via the M6, there is a Morrison’s at Leyland, about a mile off the motorway from Junction 28. The co-ordinates are N53.700468 W2.693996.

Keith Smith

On 5 May 2021, at 15:28, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:

[...]

We are also heading for Scotland but with 2 Gaslow cylinders we should be OK for 3 weeks unless it gets very cold.
I was not impressed with the filllpg site and actually obtained the Evesham station info from the Autogas site (and re another post the station is Texaco). I have used the Mylpg site very successfully when in Europe.
Richard

On 05/05/2021 15:27, Andy Clarke wrote:
[...]

Yvonne Hickman

Hi Richard
We are finding the same here in Gloucester!. There is a new one at Stonehouse (not John Stayt) J Stayt at Stroud and Gloucester have it also Asda and Morrisons at Cribbs in Bristol.
We have decided to top up whenever we see it available now
Cheers, Yvonne

On Wed, 5 May 2021 at 13:22, Richard <edelec@...> wrote:
I need to fill my two Gaslow cylinders and find that LPG is now
unobtainable in Cheltenham! I have to drive 20 miles to fill up. I could
wait until we set off on a trip but need to test the van system in case
it is clogged with spiders or other bugs after being off road for 11 months
The two shell stations that did supply in Cheltenham have been revamped
and LPG is history!
Richard

Richard

I noticed the one at Stonehouse that is quoting £0.649 the Evesham station is £0.599, that a whole 5p a litre! I will need say 20 litres so Evesham is a £1 saving.
However Stonehouse is 16.9 mile trip and the the Evesham station is a 19.1 mile trip so the difference is 6 miles on the round trip. At 25mpg that is 0.24gallons at £1.2325 per litre diesel cost that is 0.24 x 4.54609 x 1.2325 = £1.3447334 so Evesham costs me £0.3447334 more!
It is a prettier route so I will go to Evesham!<G> and drive very carefully to get my consumption down!<G>
Thanks for the info
Richard
The best I have ever had is 50cents a litre in Germany.

On 05/05/2021 13:36, Yvonne Hickman wrote:
Hi Richard
We are finding the same here in Gloucester!. There is a new one at Stonehouse (not John Stayt) J Stayt at Stroud and Gloucester have it also Asda and Morrisons at Cribbs in Bristol.
We have decided to top up whenever we see it available now
Cheers, Yvonne

On Wed, 5 May 2021 at 13:22, Richard <edelec@...> wrote:
I need to fill my two Gaslow cylinders and find that LPG is now
unobtainable in Cheltenham! I have to drive 20 miles to fill up. I could
wait until we set off on a trip but need to test the van system in case
it is clogged with spiders or other bugs after being off road for 11 months
The two shell stations that did supply in Cheltenham have been revamped
and LPG is history!
Richard

timsinc Sinclair

On 05/05/2021, Richard <edelec@gmx.com> wrote:
We are also heading for Scotland .....
Sorry, a bit off the subject, but those here mentioning that
staycation destination must surely be reflected by all the other
old-timers, and then all the newbies behind m-home wheels - that's a
lot, going by the recent boom and cleaned-out salesrooms.

Scotland get your infamous weapon the midgies ready - the English
invasion imminent. Hopefully we'll get lost amongst the trees - the
forestry lot up there opening up their parking spaces for overnight
stops. Andy's CAMPRa efforts may help too. Whatever, I'd avoid the
well-trod and publicised routes - ie, the nt500.

Meanwhile, I'm sure that in not many years time the smug look on my
face that I don't need lpg will be wiped from my face. My heating (and
hot water) diesel fired. Yes, forecourts will have become plug-in and
not pump-in stations.

Changing times. Scouring for lpg like finding/booking a pitch for the night(s).

TimS

Carol Weaver

We paid £0.527 per Ltr at Asda Monks Cross yesterday afternoon. Diesel was £1.23

On Wed, 5 May 2021 at 17:57, Richard <edelec@...> wrote:
[...]

charlie.green@...

OK so we do have a Fuel Station in Stornoway that sells LPG but you will not be making any savings if you come up here to buy it. It costs £0.865 per litre

Alan Morris

On Wed, 5 May 2021 at 16:57, Richard <edelec@gmx.com> wrote:

The best I have ever had is 50cents a litre in Germany.
My best was 32.2 p/ltr in the EU and then 33.9 p/ltr in the UK. Both in 2006.

Highest was 65.9 p/ltr in the UK in 2019.

Alan.

Mike

Is there not a Morrison's nearer you, they seem to be sticking with the market

Mike

I need to fill my two Gaslow cylinders and find that LPG is now unobtainable in Cheltenham! I have to drive 20 miles to fill up. I could wait until we set off on a trip but need to test the van system in case it is clogged with spiders or other bugs after being off road for 11 months The two shell stations that did supply in Cheltenham have been revamped and LPG is history!
Richard

Andy Clarke

I asked Morrisons if they had a list of their petrol station that had LPG available, surprisingly they've replied and sent me one.

I'll attach it if folks think it would be useful?

Andy Clarke

On Thu, 6 May 2021 at 09:56, Mike via groups.io <mike.egff=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there not a Morrison's nearer you, they seem to be sticking with the market

Mike

I need to fill my two Gaslow cylinders and find that LPG is now unobtainable in Cheltenham! I have to drive 20 miles to fill up. I could wait until we set off on a trip but need to test the van system in case it is clogged with spiders or other bugs after being off road for 11 months The two shell stations that did supply in Cheltenham have been revamped and LPG is history!
Richard

Keith Smith

Most useful Andy - those of those with gas tanks are finding it harder to refill these days.
Keith Smith

On 6 May 2021, at 15:35, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes please Andy

Carol

On Thu, 6 May 2021 at 15:35, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:
[...]

Morrisons LPG list attached.

Andy Clarke

On Thu, 6 May 2021 at 15:59, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
[...]

Keith, that would be very useful then we give them the support they deserve

Mike Kemp

I need to fill my two Gaslow cylinders and find that LPG is now unobtainable in Cheltenham! I have to drive 20 miles to fill up. I could wait until we set off on a trip but need to test the van system in case it is clogged with spiders or other bugs after being off road for 11 months The two shell stations that did supply in Cheltenham have been revamped and LPG is history!
Richard

Keith Smith

Mike, it’s Andy you should be thanking, he is the one who obtained the list from Morrison’s. 🤗

On 6 May 2021, at 16:46, Mike via groups.io <mike.egff@...> wrote:

Keith, that would be very useful then we give them the support they deserve

Mike Kemp

I need to fill my two Gaslow cylinders and find that LPG is now unobtainable in Cheltenham! I have to drive 20 miles to fill up. I could wait until we set off on a trip but need to test the van system in case it is clogged with spiders or other bugs after being off road for 11 months The two shell stations that did supply in Cheltenham have been revamped and LPG is history!
Richard

Mike

Yeah, realise that now

Mike

I need to fill my two Gaslow cylinders and find that LPG is now unobtainable in Cheltenham! I have to drive 20 miles to fill up. I could wait until we set off on a trip but need to test the van system in case it is clogged with spiders or other bugs after being off road for 11 months The two shell stations that did supply in Cheltenham have been revamped and LPG is history!
Richard

Peter S

Thanks Andy.

Very useful.