Jersey Jaunt - wing mirrors

Bennett Family

Our 2015 Carthago c Compactline i143 has very neat wing mirrors that don’t stick out very far at all.
The following year the opted for larger coach-style mirrors which appear to stick out quite a bit further. Mine might not look as trendy but they work really well and it makes the unit very compact for an A class.

Martin

On 22 Aug 2020, at 14:11, Derek Sims <derek.sims@gmx.com> wrote:

Thinking about you travelling in your Carthago in Jersey, probably the biggest hazard is the mirrors. We got whacked by White Van Man, as a consequence of which we’ve swapped the long-arm mirrors for standard van ones, cheaper to replace than Mirrorguards. Yesterday our neighbours on the site suffered a similar fate in their PVC, one on Jersey you have to report it to the Police.

Derek Sims

Looks as if you're sorted Martin - nice looking 'van, should be fine here, because the issues generally are about road width rather than tight bends, so having a narrow van benefits more than having a short one.BTW, if you do have a coming together which causes damage to either vehicle it must be reported to the Police, even if you've exchanged insurance details and there's no injury. I think it's to give the Police something to do on the Island. A missing dog's front page headlines in the Jersey Post. The multi-car pileup we saw on St Helier seafront yesterday will probably run for a month. Looked as if the driver of the Range Rover at the front died of old age at the wheel (Prince Phil perhaps?) and the three behind, the rear one being a lorry full of scaffolding didn't wake up in time to avoid him. Or it could be they couldn't adjust to Jersey's only stretch of dual carriageway, with a 40mpg speed limit for that big adrenaline buzz! This on an island where the overall average bhp per vehicle is probably around 250.

So when shall I reserve Pitch 1 for you?😉That's the one with the 20A EHU, though the post and one of the three water points is on Pitch 2, so if you're quick you could treat that as a fully-serviced pitch, except for the drive-over drain.
Last day today, last chance for a year to see the family, other than on a screen. They won't risk coming over at Christmas. They've been stuck in Portsmouth before because of the winter weather. That was bad enough, but they only the one child then and Ben was just a contractor. Next time we see the youngest granddaughter she'll be three times her current age and the elder, three year-old, will be about to start school. Still, as long as they're all happy here, that's fine. 😪😪
Ferry should run tomorrow, then it's back and re-pack. Anyone been to Orkney and can recommend it?
Stay Sane
Derek
--
Sent from my Android phone with GMX Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

On 22/08/2020, 15:17 "Bennett Family via groups.io" <martin.bennett47@...> wrote:

Our 2015 Carthago c Compactline i143 has very neat wing mirrors that don’t stick out very far at all.
The following year the opted for larger coach-style mirrors which appear to stick out quite a bit further. Mine might not look as trendy but they work really well and it makes the unit very compact for an A class.

Martin
> On 22 Aug 2020, at 14:11, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:
>
> Thinking about you travelling in your Carthago in Jersey, probably the biggest hazard is the mirrors. We got whacked by White Van Man, as a consequence of which we’ve swapped the long-arm mirrors for standard van ones, cheaper to replace than Mirrorguards. Yesterday our neighbours on the site suffered a similar fate in their PVC, one on Jersey you have to report it to the Police.

Attachments:
image0.jpeg: https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101832/0

Bennett Family

Or it could be they couldn't adjust to Jersey's only stretch of dual carriageway, with a 40mpg speed limit for that big adrenaline buzz! This on an island where the overall average bhp per vehicle is probably around 250.
Derek,

When they first opened the dual carriageway to the tunnel under Mount Bingham(?) the garage on the Esplanade just before it put up a large sign “Last petrol before the motorway”! The “motorway” stretching about 500 yards.

In my day the Jersey Evening Post ran a front page headline about thousands of poundsworth of steel that had gone missing from a building site. The following week there was a small paragraph “Missing steel found in long grass”!

Have a safe journey home.

Martin
iPad