Derek

Are you taking your van to Jersey?

Martin

On 29 Jul 2020, at 20:22, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:

No you're not! And parents these days have it made. They don't how lucky they are, but it's not very green is it? Or perhaps it is if Mum's a vegetarian!
I remember our boys had an unerring knack of keeping it in till the nappy came off then producing a fountain, which usually managed to land just outside the changing mat. The nappies Tish did always seemed to fit perfectly whereas mine were till you put them upright, when the nappy would drop a critical half inch, leaving a nice gap for everything to run out. Happy days - I don't think so and now they're even worse children at 40 - and I say that with good reason, having just had our eldest to stay.
What a grumpy old man! And what's it do with motorhoming? Absolutely nothing, but I needed to let off some steam, having taken all day to book a trip to Jersey in August, something which would have taken me 10 minutes if the CCC hadn't been furloughed. There we are, neatly back on topic.
Enjoy your meals!
Derek

--
Sent from my Android phone with GMX Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
On 29/07/2020, 19:16 Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
As Alan said a small use of fan before emptying works wonders. Have none of you ever changed babies nappies?  Honestly it’s what it is just dump it rinse once or twice with a swish around and leave. Initially I always did it for that reason. Duncan used to help carry it - full bench type - before we had wheels or some way to carry it - but guys at the dump always took mikky out of him and in the end he started to do it.  I will occasionally do it but I’m certain the reason men complain so loudly is they were never used to doing dirty nappies

Am I right?

A SOG might cost money but it is possible if you are competent to do it yourself and it pays for itself easily is you don’t swap your mh every year.

Derek Sims

Yes, Martin. Looking forward to meeting our new granddaughter, born mid-March. First of the locked-up generation, only seen on Facetime. Can't wait! Poole-St. Helier 14th August then St Helier-St
Malo 31st August. Look out France, here come the Rostbiefs!
If you're intersted I can give you all the gory details. It was a hard-won fight.
Stay Sane
Derek

--

On 29/07/2020, 22:29 "Bennett Family via groups.io" <martin.bennett47@...> wrote:
[...]

Congratulations - on both counts!

Yes I’d be interested in the details. I tried to book something similar some years ago and failed! Although I think it was the Jersey -St Malo leg that was a problem - may have been weight/length/height of the Motorhome I had then. I must say I found the Condor online booking very difficult at that time.

Please email me if you don’t think others will be interested.

Martin@...

Thanks

Martin

On 30 Jul 2020, at 00:35, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:

[...]

Neill King \(MH-List\)

Always interested – even if no immediate plans!

Best regards

Neill   (Neill is deaf and doesn’t use the phone)
www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165

neill@... motorcaravanning@...

On-line motorhome parts & accessory shop with added information

[...]

Be interesting to know Derek please

Carol

On 29/07/2020, 22:29 "Bennett Family via groups.io" <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

David Scholes

Exactly, though doubt if I will ever go to Jersey again.

David