Topics

heating costs

timsinc Sinclair

Lockdown can reveal interesting statistics - like the cost of heating
a campervan/motorhome. Leaving 'being green' issues aside (like most
of us, domestically and travel-wise, locked in by past-it tech), my
camper has an Eberspacher powering radiators and hot water cylinder.

In roughly over a month (when I'd normally be in 20C south Spain
instead of -1C England today) it has left, from full, a quarter of a
tank of diesel, according to my dashboard fuel guage. Miles travelled
in that time: about 30 - the weekly trips to supermarket, as well as
to jabs centre for Covid. Cost of the fill-up on forecourt: £64.

Wonder how that equates to those who rely on LPG - if you can find it
in the diminishing number of outlets.

TimS

Bennett Family

Tim,
I paid 73.9p/ litre when I filled up in November & the 2 cylinders took 35 litres.
I’d guess that 1 cylinder 11kg (21.5 litres) would last 2-3 days at today’s temperature if running entirely on gas. I’m currently spending the afternoon in the van using combine gas/electric (Truma 6E) and it’s very cosy. It is also allowing me to put off doing some pharmacy CPD which I need to start today - so thanks for the further distraction.

Martin
CPD = Continuing Professional Development:-(

On 7 Feb 2021, at 13:32, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@gmail.com> wrote:

Lockdown can reveal interesting statistics - like the cost of heating
a campervan/motorhome. Leaving 'being green' issues aside (like most
of us, domestically and travel-wise, locked in by past-it tech), my
camper has an Eberspacher powering radiators and hot water cylinder.

In roughly over a month (when I'd normally be in 20C south Spain
instead of -1C England today) it has left, from full, a quarter of a
tank of diesel, according to my dashboard fuel guage. Miles travelled
in that time: about 30 - the weekly trips to supermarket, as well as
to jabs centre for Covid. Cost of the fill-up on forecourt: £64.

Wonder how that equates to those who rely on LPG - if you can find it
in the diminishing number of outlets.

TimS

Nigel Owen

Martin:

That LPG price seems expensive.  Our local LPG garage (Birstall) is currently £0.599/litre, and the local Morrisons (Elland) is £0.557/litre.

Is South Yorkshire traditionally more expensive than West Yorkshire for LPG?

Nigel

On 07/02/2021 14:24, Bennett Family via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Dunno - it was around 59p last January.

It does have a major advantage of only being about 5 minutes from home!

Martin

On 7 Feb 2021, at 16:41, Nigel Owen <nigel@nigelowen.co.uk> wrote:

[...]

Mike

Can't recall the cost of our January pre hab-check top-up as the bill is in the van but I'm more concerned about the dwindling forecourt availability, with us in lockdown sales must have plummeted so hope the retailers like Morrisons aren't thrown a curved-ball by this but realise come things opening up sales could well go thru the roof.

Mike Kemp