My ernb@supanet account may have been hacked. I had a warning from Norton AV and I cannot log in to change my password.

ErnB

Ernest Bull

On 19 Aug 2021, at 06:02, I wrote:

My ernb@supanet account may have been hacked. I had a warning from Norton AV and I cannot log in to change my password.

Checked in with Supanet on a chat line and it seems that I was supposed to be paying £50 pa for my supanet account. Does anyone else pay for their eMail accounts?
———

ErnB

Steve

Is Supanet your internet service provider or do you just use them for email? If the former I would have thought that you would get an email account free with the package. When I had a BT landline I got a BTInternet account with it. When I cancelled the landline I paid about £1.80/month for the email account. I soon dropped that and got a free Outlook account. There's no reason to pay for an email account; there are enough free providers.
Outlook
Gmail
Yahoo
GMX
to name a few.

Carol Weaver

No gmail
Is free.

On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 at 10:33, Ernest Bull <ernb32@...> wrote:
On 19 Aug 2021, at 06:02, I wrote:

My ernb@supanet account may have been hacked. I had a warning from Norton AV and I cannot log in to change my password.

Checked in with Supanet on a chat line and it seems that I was supposed to be paying £50 pa for my supanet account. Does anyone else pay for their eMail accounts?
———

Phil

Add Proton Mail to that list

Works very well with good web mail interface plus mail APPS for Android and Apple

https://protonmail.com

Not so heavily used as google so often easier to get your preferred name on email address.

Phil