Headlight replacement glass for Dethleff Esprit 2012

andyowl2004

Our 2012 Dethleff Esprit has a broken left hand headlamp glass. Broken by "who knows what" during a journey last week. Multi-fragment glass is still in place and now secured by Gorilla tape but it needs urgent replacement (obviously)!

Dethleff have a complete new unit in stock at £1,600 + p&p + VAT + handling/customs duty etc. Gulp! They do not sell the glass as a separate item - there is a surprise!

It is held in place by a light grey substance, mastic or double-sided tape possibly.

The glass is double curvature and looks a natural for replacement by a thermoplastic / moulded Polycarbonate (?) replica.

Do anyone know of a company that can supply such a "glass" or who can make a replica for me?

Reliance (Chichester), whom I trust, are not aware of any replica but would be very interested to find one or ten.

The lamps inside appear undamaged and are still fully working.

Andy Owler

Andy Clarke

The headlights are likely made by another company for Dethleffs, could be worth removing the whole unit and checking for a manufacturer's name and part number.

Andy Clarke

On Tue, 7 Sept 2021 at 16:58, andyowl2004 via groups.io <andyowler=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

  1.  andyowl2004

Andy Owler

Carol Weaver

Andy when we bought our new Dethleffs Trend in 2027. We had to get new lights as we were LHD to conform with uk spec. Ours is low profile and I’ll look up web address but I think pair were @ £400.  It’s Fiat parts

On a Hymer A Class we had had (2) both had Hella lights

Carol. Will find address