GMX mail

David Scholes

I’m a bit embarrassed about this but I have failed to sort out my GMX account to send mail. I had it working fine but somebody started attacking my phone number so I took the safe way and trashed the SIM card and factory reset my phone then got a new SIM card (from Smarty).
I tried to set up the email and the receive was successful but the send failed because it said that the certificates were wrong (I checked and the dates seemed fine to me). This is not unusual as the Americans seem to hate the Germans.
But this time I can’t find the settings on the GMX site.
Does anybody know what the send settings are?
Please
David

Carol Weaver

What’s gmx?

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 19:09, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I’m a bit embarrassed about this but I have failed to sort out my GMX account to send mail. I had it working fine but somebody started attacking my phone number so I took the safe way and trashed the SIM card and factory reset my phone then got a new SIM card (from Smarty).
I tried to set up the email and the receive was successful but the send failed because it said that the certificates were wrong (I checked and the dates seemed fine to me). This is not unusual as the Americans seem to hate the Germans.
But this time I can’t find the settings on the GMX site.
Does anybody know what the send settings are?
Please
David

David Scholes

GMX is the email provider that I have used as my primary email supplier since I was recommended to use it by people on this list. It is based in Germany which is a change from most of the others that are based in the USA. It has served me well for a number of years but I do have problems when I have to set it up. The Americans seem to look after each other and their American email suppliers seem to be set up automatically by American operating systems (they are all American I think).
Hence, the Americans seem to hate the Germans.

David

On 15 Jan 2021, at 19:52, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

What’s gmx?

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 19:09, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I’m a bit embarrassed about this but I have failed to sort out my GMX account to send mail. I had it working fine but somebody started attacking my phone number so I took the safe way and trashed the SIM card and factory reset my phone then got a new SIM card (from Smarty).
I tried to set up the email and the receive was successful but the send failed because it said that the certificates were wrong (I checked and the dates seemed fine to me). This is not unusual as the Americans seem to hate the Germans.
But this time I can’t find the settings on the GMX site.
Does anybody know what the send settings are?
Please
David

Isnt that the one Derek and Tish use?

CAROL

Click here  For Motorhome Owners here is a link to photographs of aires, stellplatz, chateaux, wargraves, NT properties etc.

CLICK HERE  TO BEST ALLROUND PROVIDER PLUSNET

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 20:09, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Steve

Is this any help?

GMX Mail IMAP Settings
On your mobile device, you'll be asked to enter this information in your mail app in order to view the email in your GMX account:

GMX Mail IMAP server address: imap.gmx.com
GMX Mail IMAP user name: Your full GMX Mail email address (example@...)
GMX Mail IMAP password: Your GMX Mail password
GMX Mail IMAP port: 993 (alternative: 143)
GMX Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required: yes for port 993, no for port 143

SMTP Setting for GMX Mail
To send mail through a GMX Mail account from any email program or service (such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc.), you also need to enter the SMTP server settings on your mobile device. They are:

GMX Mail SMTP server address: smtp.gmx.com
GMX Mail SMTP user name: Your full GMX Mail email address (example@...)
GMX Mail SMTP password: Your GMX Mail password
GMX Mail SMTP port: 587
GMX Mail SMTP TLS/SSL required: no

​GMX also offers the free GMX Mail app for iOS and Android mobile devices. Just download the app and log in with your username and password to read and reply to emails.

David Scholes

Thank you Steve. All sorted.

David