GB/UK Stickers

Mick Potter

We're taking the ferry down to Spain next week for a few weeks touring.

While checking up on the consequences of smuggling a cheese sandwich into Spain I discovered, almost by accident, that in a few weeks, you'll need UK stickers, GB isn't good enough any more.  Another government U-turn!

https://www.gov.uk/driving-abroad
"If you’re driving on or after 28 September 2021, you’ll need a UK sticker instead of a GB sticker."

While I'm sure it won't trouble most people, it might give a stroppy policeman a chance to be awkward.

Mick

Alan Morris

On Mon, 6 Sept 2021 at 11:40, Mick Potter via groups.io
<mick.potter=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

you'll need UK stickers, GB isn't good enough any more. Another government U-turn!
Apart from having to spend an extra £2 to £3, what difference does it make?

Both are no longer appropriate as:-

GB is no longer Great Britain, its now simply Britain,

UK is no longer the United Kingdom, as we aren't united.

Alan.