From: motorhome-list@groups.io [mailto:motorhome-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of timsinc Sinclair
Sent: 16 October 2020 23:32
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Subject: [motorhome-list] covid app

Disagree or not, like it or not, now got to have that Covid app to
pitch up with the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

In an email today:
"All members will be asked to register their attendance at our sites
through the NHS Test & Trace App to record their visit. In addition,
we may check the residential addresses on our system to confirm
arriving members are not from an area that does not permit travel."

Full-timing, use their sites fair bit, with some booked in coming
days. So far resisted this surveillance, with concerns and expressed
by some here.

Oh for pre-smartphone days!

Tim

https://www.avg.com

timsinc Sinclair

Yes, Peter, I have come across all those varying requirements too. On one non-club site I had the temperature gun pointed at forehead. At many CCC sites all showers/loos closed, full stop.

Result: I'm visiting many more relaxed certificated sites/locations and small private ones, which it turns out I'm really enjoying. Wherever, I'm using my own on board facilities anyway.

Tim

On 17 October 2020 12:44:08 "Peter S" <peter@...> wrote:

I notice that they say "asked" they do not say must. I have emailed them to find out if it is mandatory. I must say if it is mandatory I think they will find that a lot of members will be not too happy. Many will not have smartphones that can even use the app - older iphones I understand can't use it and many will still be using non-smartphones. I was going to make some comments about the App but decided I didn't want moderate myself.

We have just been away for nearly 3 weeks staying on 5 different CAMC sites. All had slightly different approaches but each one handed out the same blurb which had obviously been prepared at HO:-

Only one asked if we had the App. We don't and nothing more was said.
One we both had to stay in the van when booking in.
On three one could go into the office to book in.
On one booking in was done trough the office window and you were not allowed into the office.
All had facilities open but we were asked to use our own. We soon realised that the facilities were barely used so started having showers in the afternoon and the blocks rarely had more than a couple of people in there.
One site had closed off the urinals completely but the others had one or more urinal in  use.
All sites had closed off all but two or 3 showers, basin cubicles and toilet stalls. There seemed to be no logic to which of these were closed but none had two adjacent ones open.
All sites used a band system. 4 sites gave us two numbered bands and one site had 4 bands in a container filled with a mild bleach solution (beware not to drip it on your clothes!). With the individual bands you put one on one of 4/5 hooks as you went in so people knew how many were in - all hooks filled you were not supposed to go in. One of the sites had 4 hooks - two for showers and two for the other bits - if you wanted to go to the loo you had to come out and see if a shower was free and swop over the band to the appropriate hook. With the chlorinated ones you fished out a band and took it in with you - no bands left then you should not go in.
Some of the site had paint splodges that were supposed to tell you where to stand when you were using the service areas - these were largely ignored. One site had moved the rubbish bins away from the service area and put on a pitch which could not then be parked on - why they had been moved was not clear.
One site had closed off one of the facility blocks. The others with more than one block had both open. Some sites were cleaning blocks twice a day, others only once.

We had booked the 5 sites before going away and had quite a bit of difficulty sorting out a continuous itinerary but no site was ever completely full whilst we were there.