covid app

timsinc Sinclair

Disagree or not, like it or not, now got to have that Covid app to
pitch up with the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

In an email today:
"All members will be asked to register their attendance at our sites
through the NHS Test & Trace App to record their visit. In addition,
we may check the residential addresses on our system to confirm
arriving members are not from an area that does not permit travel."

Full-timing, use their sites fair bit, with some booked in coming
days. So far resisted this surveillance, with concerns and expressed
by some here.

Oh for pre-smartphone days!

Tim

Brent

Hi Tim
Yes funnily enough I received that email and considering we have only one CMC site and absolutely no "meets" with our local Centre I think we'll be cancelling subs.
Shame really but I won't be held to ransom to visit their overpriced sites.
Moan over, take care and stay safe.
Brent

Richard Jones

Tim
You do not have to turn on the contact tracing function and can just use the venue check in that seems to be the accepted method of checking into most venues now including National Trust sites.
Regards
Richard

Bennett Family

Naive old me, doesn’t have a problem with the App. You can check in with it & then pause or switch off contact tracing if you so wish.

I’m sure that “they’ (whoever “they” are) know far more about me, my likes, dislikes, movements and thoughts than I do. A bit more info for them will only muddy the water.

Just point your phone at the IR code - nobody will know whether it’s working or not.

Martin

On 17 Oct 2020, at 07:30, Brent <brentiow.c@...> wrote:

Hi Tim
Yes funnily enough I received that email and considering we have only one CMC site and absolutely no "meets" with our local Centre I think we'll be cancelling subs.
Shame really but I won't be held to ransom to visit their overpriced sites.
Moan over, take care and stay safe.
Brent

timsinc Sinclair

Like your optimistic humour, Martin. Cheered up my day after installing the app!
First I had to enter my postcode - which changes every few days!
Put in address where I'm registered wth DVLA, bank etc, and told I'm
in tier 'medium'.
So my paper mail, awaiting collection next week, should be mediumly safe!
Did read, though, that Oz study found the virus survived 28 days on bank notes.
Go contactless, young man.....

Tim

On 17 Oct 2020, at 07:30, Brent <brentiow.c@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Tim
Yes funnily enough I received that email and considering we have only one
CMC site and absolutely no "meets" with our local Centre I think we'll be
cancelling subs.
Shame really but I won't be held to ransom to visit their overpriced
sites.
Moan over, take care and stay safe.
Brent

Alan Cocks

(Long time no see! Hi)

I spend a lot of time in my old age delving around the internet and
checking lots of stuff out. (Some here may recall my interest in
computers etc? Still ongoing).

I kept tripping over coronanvirus and covid etc and - although details
are off topic here, I would say that not everything is as it seems to be.
Some things in a good way, and some things in a not so good way.

In the midst of the panic my mother in law passed away in a care home
in Lincolnshire. Not of coronavirus, of old age, 99). However, we were
refused permission to attend the funeral because the vicar said we
were too old.... (yes that was his ruling).

I will not be installing the NHS app, and if push comes to shove,
business from me will be lost.

Temperature measurement is advised against in Government guidelines
because of inaccuracy and its lack of relevance - it can give a false
sense of security anyway. A friend locally was hospitalised with said
covid, and did not have a temperature (!)

Cashless has advantages, but cash can be important.

I moved all my accounts away from a bank which could not offer me a
traditional non-contactless card, to a bank which could offer that option.

I wish everyone here happy travelling and all the best!
I am not able to come to the list much at all and the projects which
take my time are off topic here.
However it is worth a repeat - not everything currently is what it
seems to be. Good luck to us all!

alan

On 16/10/2020 23:32, timsinc Sinclair wrote:
Disagree or not, like it or not, now got to have that Covid app to
pitch up with the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

In an email today:
"All members will be asked to register their attendance at our sites
through the NHS Test & Trace App to record their visit. In addition,
we may check the residential addresses on our system to confirm
arriving members are not from an area that does not permit travel."

Full-timing, use their sites fair bit, with some booked in coming
days. So far resisted this surveillance, with concerns and expressed
by some here.

Oh for pre-smartphone days!

Tim

Derek Sims

Alan
Good to hear from you. I agree and sympathise with much of what you have to say.
Best wishes to you both.
Derek & Tish

--
Sent from my Android phone with GMX Mail. Please excuse my brevity.