Topics

Covid 19 Jabs

Don Madge

Had my first covid jab at the local GP's surgery, yesterday took about 50 minutes from arriving to leaving after resting for 15 minutes. It was very well organised and I get my second jab on the first of April. No after effects so far.

We are still managing to walk most days, we are very lucky to have a good walk on the prom from Rusting to Littlehampton and back. We get a coffee from Costa Coffee in Littlehampton then sit on the sea front watching the world go by.
Stay safe.
Don

Michael Hambleton

Nice one Don , mines due next week

SE 2020

On 15 Jan 2021, at 15:09, Don Madge <don.madge@...> wrote:

Had my first covid jab at the local GP's surgery, yesterday took about 50 minutes from arriving to leaving after resting for 15 minutes. It was very well organised and I get my second jab on the first of April. No after effects so far.

We are still managing to walk most days, we are very lucky to have a good walk on the prom from Rusting to Littlehampton and back. We get a coffee from Costa Coffee in Littlehampton then sit on the sea front watching the world go by.
Stay safe.
Don

Carol Weaver

Glad you are done Don was Maureen done at same time?

No news here in Cornwall

Carol

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 15:09, Don Madge <don.madge@gmail.com> wrote:

Had my first covid jab at the local GP's surgery, yesterday took about 50 minutes from arriving to leaving after resting for 15 minutes. It was very well organised and I get my second jab on the first of April. No after effects so far.
Well done Don.

Living in Grantham, Lincs., there is much confusion.

About a week ago, the local BBC TV news did an article about the
Grantham sports centre being used for Covid jabs. Good news.

But yesterday we received a text message from 'NHS-NoReply':-

"We will soon be inviting you to have your COVID vaccine at our GP run
site in Grantham. You may receive an invite to one of the mass
vaccination centres in Boston and Lincoln. There is no need to travel
to these sites, the team working with your practice will be able to
accommodate you locally very soon."

It does not give an addressee, so as I am 77 and the wife is only 72,
I guess that it's to me. What if we were both in the same category!

The Grantham sports centre is about a 2 minute drive from home. Our
GP is a little further along the road, about a 3 minute drive. I hope
in the invite they specify which location - sports centre or practice.

Incidentally, there is no information on the GP's website about
vaccinations. How many folk would have wasted time telephoning for
information?

Alan.

Don Madge

Carol/Alan we are both 86 and got the jab at the same time We only received a phone call from the GP's surgery on Wednesday PM for the 1120 appointment next morning

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 16:47, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 15:09, Don Madge <don.madge@...> wrote:

> Had my first covid jab at the local GP's surgery, yesterday took about 50 minutes from arriving to leaving after resting for 15 minutes. It was very well organised and I get my second jab on the first of April. No after effects so far.

Well done Don.

Living in Grantham, Lincs., there is much confusion.

About a week ago, the local BBC TV news did an article about the
Grantham sports centre being used for Covid jabs.  Good news.

But yesterday we received a text message from 'NHS-NoReply':-

"We will soon be inviting you to have your COVID vaccine at our GP run
site in Grantham.  You may receive an invite to one of the mass
vaccination centres in Boston and Lincoln.  There is no need to travel
to these sites, the team working with your practice will be able to
accommodate you locally very soon."

It does not give an addressee, so as I am 77 and the wife is only 72,
I guess that it's to me.  What if we were both in the same category!

The Grantham sports centre is about a 2 minute drive from home.  Our
GP is a little further along the road, about a 3 minute drive.  I hope
in the invite they specify which location - sports centre or practice.

Incidentally, there is no information on the GP's website about
vaccinations.  How many folk would have wasted time telephoning for
information?

Don how many years ago did you give up motorhoming. I recall you being down in Cadiz area and I had to help you (think it wa with emails).

Just said to Duncan you were both 86!!  He was surprised too. Think we forget time keeps passing.  How long ago is it since Maureen’s sister died?

Carol

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 17:25, Don Madge <don.madge@...> wrote:
Carol/Alan we are both 86 and got the jab at the same time We only received a phone call from the GP's surgery on Wednesday PM for the 1120 appointment next morning

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 16:47, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 15:09, Don Madge <don.madge@...> wrote:

> Had my first covid jab at the local GP's surgery, yesterday took about 50 minutes from arriving to leaving after resting for 15 minutes. It was very well organised and I get my second jab on the first of April. No after effects so far.

Well done Don.

Living in Grantham, Lincs., there is much confusion.

About a week ago, the local BBC TV news did an article about the
Grantham sports centre being used for Covid jabs.  Good news.

But yesterday we received a text message from 'NHS-NoReply':-

"We will soon be inviting you to have your COVID vaccine at our GP run
site in Grantham.  You may receive an invite to one of the mass
vaccination centres in Boston and Lincoln.  There is no need to travel
to these sites, the team working with your practice will be able to
accommodate you locally very soon."

It does not give an addressee, so as I am 77 and the wife is only 72,
I guess that it's to me.  What if we were both in the same category!

The Grantham sports centre is about a 2 minute drive from home.  Our
GP is a little further along the road, about a 3 minute drive.  I hope
in the invite they specify which location - sports centre or practice.

Incidentally, there is no information on the GP's website about
vaccinations.  How many folk would have wasted time telephoning for
information?

A jab any day keeps the doctor away? Well done Don. Read the other day
of one country (forget which) targetting first the the young and those
in work, oldies back of the queue. Economic sense I suppose, but not
sure how'd I feel about that!

TimS

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 16:47, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Ernest Bull

On 15 Jan 2021, at 15:09, Don Madge <don.madge@gmail.com> wrote:

Had my first covid jab at the local GP's surgery, yesterday took about 50 minutes from arriving to leaving after resting for 15 minutes. It was very well organised and I get my second jab on the first of April. No after effects so far.
Good for you, Don. You may get a bit of stick about April 1st, but you’ll get the last laugh.

Stay safe.
You, too. All the best,

ErnB

Don Madge

Carol, we sold the Timberland in 2013, the previous three years we used it to commute to Turkey where we rented a cottage
at Kayacoy near Fethiye .

I don't remember the e mail help at Cadiz, the only time we were there was in 2000 when we caught the  ferry to the Canary Islands
but my memory is not very good these days.

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 19:22, Ernest Bull <ernb32@...> wrote:
On 15 Jan 2021, at 15:09, Don Madge <don.madge@...> wrote:

> Had my first covid jab at the local GP's surgery, yesterday took about 50 minutes from arriving to leaving after resting for 15 minutes. It was very well organised and I get my second jab on the first of April. No after effects so far.

Good for you, Don. You may get a bit of stick about April 1st, but you’ll get the last laugh.

> Stay safe.

You, too. All the best,

I remember you are driving to Turkey and I think you met up at one time with Andy, and remember that the photos of you there.

I just couldn’t remember how long ago you actually sold the timberland. It’s a while now.

Maybe it’s my memory Don, That it was by Cadiz

Carol

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 19:46, Don Madge <don.madge@...> wrote:
Carol, we sold the Timberland in 2013, the previous three years we used it to commute to Turkey where we rented a cottage
at Kayacoy near Fethiye .

I don't remember the e mail help at Cadiz, the only time we were there was in 2000 when we caught the  ferry to the Canary Islands
but my memory is not very good these days.

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 19:22, Ernest Bull <ernb32@...> wrote:
On 15 Jan 2021, at 15:09, Don Madge <don.madge@...> wrote:

> Had my first covid jab at the local GP's surgery, yesterday took about 50 minutes from arriving to leaving after resting for 15 minutes. It was very well organised and I get my second jab on the first of April. No after effects so far.

Good for you, Don. You may get a bit of stick about April 1st, but you’ll get the last laugh.

> Stay safe.

You, too. All the best,