Contactless

Bennett Family

I’ve not used any cash at all for months - paying for virtually everything by Apple Pay on my iPhone.

A car park “honesty box” in cornwall took the last change that I had.

Martin

On 17 Oct 2020, at 11:27, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@gmail.com> wrote:

Like your optimistic humour, Martin. Cheered up my day after installing the app!
First I had to enter my postcode - which changes every few days!
Put in address where I'm registered wth DVLA, bank etc, and told I'm
in tier 'medium'.
So my paper mail, awaiting collection next week, should be mediumly safe!
Did read, though, that Oz study found the virus survived 28 days on bank notes.
Go contactless, young man.....

Tim

On 17/10/2020, Bennett Family via groups.io
<martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

Naive old me, doesn’t have a problem with the App. You can check in with it
& then pause or switch off contact tracing if you so wish.

I’m sure that “they’ (whoever “they” are) know far more about me, my likes,
dislikes, movements and thoughts than I do. A bit more info for them will
only muddy the water.

Just point your phone at the IR code - nobody will know whether it’s working
or not.

Martin
On 17 Oct 2020, at 07:30, Brent <brentiow.c@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Tim
Yes funnily enough I received that email and considering we have only one
CMC site and absolutely no "meets" with our local Centre I think we'll be
cancelling subs.
Shame really but I won't be held to ransom to visit their overpriced
sites.
Moan over, take care and stay safe.
Brent

David Scholes

Its the car parking that bucks the trend. Occasionally the machines take credit cards but few of them seem to be working so we are struggling to find the cash. I have notes in my wallet that have been there for months but no longer carry any cash.

Don’t go out much just to Wetherspoons for fish and chips every fortnight or so. Flash my phone at the scan thing and that’s it. Don’t see the problem. Have now been to 3 Wetherspoons that didn’t have any fish and one of those was on a Friday. How does one unflash the scan thing as you turn round and walk out again.

David

On 17 Oct 2020, at 11:40, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

I've still got sparklingly new notes from an ATM in my wallet (not
sure if 28-day safety period passed) and a purse of coins. Emergency
fund for not only carparks, but certificated site farmers etc not into
card-paying expense. Plus even some club sites' laundry machines too
old to be converted into tokens only.

Tim

On 17/10/2020, David Scholes <scholesd@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
[...]

Ernest Bull

Another sort of contactless, Martin. I have tried to contact you Off-List, but only received vague message delivery failed notices in response.

Could you please contact me direct.

Thanks

Ernie

Brent

I could also use Martin's (Bennett that is) expert advice off list please and have had same as Ernie when trying to contact

Could you also please contact me direct Martin?

Very many thanks

Stay safe all

Bennett Family

Martin@...