CCC

Carol Weaver

Just received an email they will extend all memberships by the amount the club is shut

Good news

Happy Easter from sunny Cornwall. Enjoy our prisons. 💖💕

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Peter S

Thanks Carol.

Looks like a nice view.

Keep sane.

Peter S

Sent from BlueMail

On 10 Apr 2020, at 14:33, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
Just received an email they will extend all memberships by the amount the club is shut

Good news

Happy Easter from sunny Cornwall. Enjoy our prisons. 💖💕

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Alan Morris

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 at 13:33, Carol Weaver <corconx@gmail.com> wrote:

Just received an email they will extend all memberships by the amount the club is shut

Good news
Partly...

But what does, "This year, we’re extending your membership period for
as long as our sites are closed, to ensure you receive your full 12
months of membership no matter what happens." actually mean? It's
very vague.

It depends on the attitude taken by different companies. Some are
expecting their customers to finance them over an unknown period of
time. Whereas others are returning monies to their customers with
extra payments to compensate their losses. This being a good
marketing move to encourage their customers to spend with them again.
A friend and myself have been treated by the methods of a company that
have taken the opposite attitude to each other. One of us has been
treated well and the other the opposite.

It's not yet public knowledge where the CCC and CMC companies sit. As
an example, will they compensate their CS & CL owners during that
period? Many here are 'members' to gain access to CL & CSs. These
private site owners probably need as much support as the big
companies.

Will the CCC continue to take Direct Debits while closed or defer
collecting until their own sites are open again?

Maybe I don’t think it so deep.

My take

It closed it all on March 22. If it opens on June 22 we will get an extra 3 months added to our DDs.  No doubt we need to check it

Carol

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 at 18:41, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 at 13:33, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

> Just received an email they will extend all memberships by the amount the club is shut
>
> Good news

Partly...

But what does, "This year, we’re extending your membership period for
as long as our sites are closed, to ensure you receive your full 12
months of membership no matter what happens." actually mean?  It's
very vague.

It depends on the attitude taken by different companies.  Some are
expecting their customers to finance them over an unknown period of
time.  Whereas others are returning monies to their customers with
extra payments to compensate their losses.  This being a good
marketing move to encourage their customers to spend with them again.
A friend and myself have been treated by the methods of a company that
have taken the opposite attitude to each other.  One of us has been
treated well and the other the opposite.

It's not yet public knowledge where the CCC and CMC companies sit.  As
an example, will they compensate their CS & CL owners during that
period?  Many here are 'members' to gain access to CL & CSs.  These
private site owners probably need as much support as the big
companies.

Will the CCC continue to take Direct Debits while closed or defer
collecting until their own sites are open again?

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Carol Weaver

Doing our best but it’s not so different to normal really except can’t pop in to neighbour for a cuppa or other way round. She is HAVING to isolate whereas we can go out but limit it to just shopping and sitting on the deck. No flowers just a deck looking up the fields to the town.

Carol

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 at 15:46, Peter S <peter@...> wrote:
Thanks Carol.

Looks like a nice view.

Keep sane.

Peter S

Sent from BlueMail
On 10 Apr 2020, at 14:33, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
Just received an email they will extend all memberships by the amount the club is shut

Good news

Happy Easter from sunny Cornwall. Enjoy our prisons. 💖💕

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Peter S

We have never done so much in the garden in such a short space of time. Fence on one side was blown down earlier this year and we got it repaired just in time. We had to move a lot of pots etc etc to enable the fencers to get at it and this has given us the incentive to get things sorted out and overgrown shrubs cut down to size. We bought seeds before the lockdown and now have them germinating in the greenhouse that was cleared of rubbish and is now usable. Veg plot is half dug and waiting for a cooler day to do the rest.

We are 1.5 miles from the nearest village and 4 miles from the town. Easy to go for walks and whilst we are seeing more people than normal on the footpaths there are still very few. Local supermarket in town seems to have recovered from the panic buying and wife was able to get more or less everything on her list when she went at the end of last week.

The only problem is that we can't visit my mother who is in a home. Sister goes and waves through the window but she lives locally to the home but a visit for us would take about 3 hours and there is not much point in just waving.

Best wishes.

Peter S

On 10/04/2020 19:27:18, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

[...]

I think we are lucky insomuch as all our parents are dead and we are the oldies now ☹️

Glad you have got a lot of your gardening done

Carol

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 at 19:56, Peter S <peter@...> wrote:
[...]

Derek Sims

Not quite all - 96 year old mother-in-law in residential home rings four times a day and doesn't understand why all her friends have deserted her!

She thinks it's just like the war, which was the most exciting time of her life - still talks about officers as if they were a superior breed. How easy it is to brainwash people. Still, the van's getting all sorts of jobs done on it while we should be in Jersey. The hanging rail should now hold at least some of the clothes above the cupboard floor. Resiting waste bin next - Oh the thrill of it all!

Stay sane

Derek

--
Sent from my Android phone with GMX Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

On 10/04/2020, 20:08 Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

[...]

All Derek as in our parents not everyone’s!

It must be difficult for some elderly folk to understand if they have dementia

Carol

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 at 21:12, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:
[...]

Mother is 97 and memory is very flakey. Remembers some things that have happened recently but forgets that we have been asked the same question half a dozen times in the last hour. We just answer the question without comment. We are now hearing wartime stories that we have never heard before especially as to how she met my father.

Off topic of CCC and motorhomes but there ain’t much else going on.

Peter S

[...]

Error! Filename not specified.

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Carol Weaver

Hope she keeps well and you record her stories for the future

Carol

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 at 09:07, Peter S <peter@...> wrote:

[...]

Sister is the one that does that. The two of them are very close but you would not believe it from what they say about each other.

Peter S

Sent from BlueMail

On 11 Apr 2020, at 16:46, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a normal family 😀🤣

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 at 17:40, Peter S <peter@...> wrote:
[...]

Ernest Bull

On 10 Apr 2020, at 21:37, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

It must be difficult for some elderly folk to understand if they have dementia

Something that has to be experienced first hand to appreciate the confusion and naivety of the sufferer and which will be totally unique to the individual.  I was my father’s eldest son and I cared for him singlehandedly for several years. He didn’t know me from Adam. And yet he would recognise my brother, call him by name and even ask him if he had seen or heard from me. Saying, “I haven’t seen or heard from the blighter in bloody ages.” Mum had died, but he was always asking me where she was. He actually thought that I was a soldier, “Seconded in the field,” to aid and support him.

Oh! I could write a bloody book!
________

Hi Ernie

Hope you and Margaret are keeping well during this awful time.  Please take care

Carol