Topics

Breathalysers

David Scholes

Hello

Rummaging through my motorhome I found my two breathalysers. I wondered whether they have a use by date, and indeed they have. It was 2014.
I know that the French had the law but were not ‘yet’ enforcing it but that was a time ago.
So does anybody know for sure the current situation?

David

Carol Weaver

David it NEVER became law

Carol

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 16:05, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello

Rummaging through my motorhome I found my two breathalysers. I wondered whether they have a use by date, and indeed they have. It was 2014.
I know that the French had the law but were not ‘yet’ enforcing it but that was a time ago.
So does anybody know for sure the current situation?

David

charlie.green@...

This is what the RAC say.

As of January 2013 the French government announced that the introduction of an €11 fine for not carrying one had been postponed indefinitely. However, law still states that drivers and motorcyclists must have an alcotest ready for use in their vehicle even though no penalty will be imposed if they cannot present one during a police road check

Carol Weaver

Yes because they want to sell them but you do not need them. French friends don’t have them. It’s an AA RAC and ferry way to sell

Carol

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 16:16, <charlie.green@...> wrote:
This is what the RAC say.

As of January 2013 the French government announced that the introduction of an €11 fine for not carrying one had been postponed indefinitely. However, law still states that drivers and motorcyclists must have an alcotest ready for use in their vehicle even though no penalty will be imposed if they cannot present one during a police road check

charlie.green@...

I agree Carol, I threw mine away ages ago, and unless compelled to I won't be buying replacements any time soon. Incidentally the AA don't mention it at all now.