Topics

brave new m/home world?

timsinc Sinclair

How Covid has changed our motorhome landscape - I've certainly been
experiencing it between lockdowns this year.

Listening to BBC R4 World at One today, a campervan journo talking
about how folk using their pension pot no longer on round-world
cruises and such but to buy homes on wheels and consequently campsites
been booked solid.

Sorry, couldn't find direct link for the interesting segment but maybe
for today's prog (21/12/2020):
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qptc/episodes/player
about half hour in (13.28 on my screen).

From high street to Amazon/eBay, from family gatherings to Skype/Zoom,
from package hols to campsites.... seems we'll just have to adjust.

TimS

Carol Weaver

It’s been happening for a few years but escalated this year

Carol

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 at 16:25, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
How Covid has changed our motorhome landscape - I've certainly been
experiencing it between lockdowns this year.

Listening to BBC R4 World at One today, a campervan journo talking
about how folk using their pension pot no longer on round-world
cruises and such but to buy homes on wheels and consequently campsites
been booked solid.

Sorry, couldn't find direct link for the interesting segment but maybe
for today's prog (21/12/2020):
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qptc/episodes/player
about half hour in (13.28 on my screen).

From high street to Amazon/eBay, from family gatherings to Skype/Zoom,
from package hols to campsites.... seems we'll just have to adjust.

TimS

Ernest Bull

On 21 Dec 2020, at 16:30, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

From high street to Amazon/eBay, from family gatherings to Skype/Zoom,
from package hols to campsites.... seems we'll just have to adjust.

It certainly got more interesting today, with the borders clanging shut all over. As well as all of those Brexit add-ons to a motorhomer’s experiences. The Covid’s propensity to exile folk or to trap them on campsites in foreign places, must be unnerving. Or maybe spice life up a little.
_____

Note Ern, Carol didn't write this, I did.

TimS

On 21/12/2020, Ernest Bull <ernb32@gmail.com> wrote:
On 21 Dec 2020, at 16:30, Carol Weaver <corconx@gmail.com> wrote:

From high street to Amazon/eBay, from family gatherings to Skype/Zoom,
from package hols to campsites.... seems we'll just have to adjust.
It certainly got more interesting today, with the borders clanging shut all
over. As well as all of those Brexit add-ons to a motorhomer’s experiences.
The Covid’s propensity to exile folk or to trap them on campsites in foreign
places, must be unnerving. Or maybe spice life up a little.
_____

Ernest Bull

Now I am confused. So what’s new?

On 21 Dec 2020, at 18:24, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@gmail.com> wrote:

Note Ern, Carol didn't write this, I did.

TimS

On 21/12/2020, Ernest Bull <ernb32@gmail.com> wrote:
On 21 Dec 2020, at 16:30, Carol Weaver <corconx@gmail.com> wrote:

From high street to Amazon/eBay, from family gatherings to Skype/Zoom,
from package hols to campsites.... seems we'll just have to adjust.
It certainly got more interesting today, with the borders clanging shut all
over. As well as all of those Brexit add-ons to a motorhomer’s experiences.
The Covid’s propensity to exile folk or to trap them on campsites in foreign
places, must be unnerving. Or maybe spice life up a little.
_____

Well I saw Ernie’s just now and thought I didn’t write that. 🧑‍🎄😊

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 at 19:40, Ernest Bull <ernb32@...> wrote:
Now I am confused. So what’s new?

> On 21 Dec 2020, at 18:24, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
>
> Note Ern, Carol didn't write this, I did.
>
> TimS
>
> On 21/12/2020, Ernest Bull <ernb32@...> wrote:
>> On 21 Dec 2020, at 16:30, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
>>
>>> From high street to Amazon/eBay, from family gatherings to Skype/Zoom,
>>> from package hols to campsites.... seems we'll just have to adjust.
>>
>> It certainly got more interesting today, with the borders clanging shut all
>> over. As well as all of those Brexit add-ons to a motorhomer’s experiences.
>> The Covid’s propensity to exile folk or to trap them on campsites in foreign
>> places, must be unnerving. Or maybe spice life up a little.
>> _____
>>
>> ErnB
>>

> --
>
> *It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*

Ernest Bull

On 21 Dec 2020, at 20:57, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

Well I saw Ernie’s just now and thought I didn’t write that. 🧑‍🎄😊

I have just tried to duplicate the event, but could not, so I guess I must say. “My apologies, it’s all down to me.”

That and the new consequences of being in the wrong place at the wrong time are only, as my mum used to say, “All down to the finickity finger of fate.”

But never mind that, Have a good one guys, no matter where you are, On the road, locked down or maybe, even locked up, for they also say that, “Variety is the spice of life.”

You may have even been somewhere where you could see the conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter. Bristol was, as it usually is, under a think blanket of Impenetrable, rain filled clouds. And Margaret bought me a super pair of Celestron binoculars for the event.
_______

ErnB