Topics

BioWash Tablets (was:-Re: [motorhome-list] SOG Exit

nhrluk
 

I have bought them in Morrisons and Tesco I think since Lidl stopped them. One can check on their websites to see if they have them.

Nigel L
=======

On 27/09/2019 10:38, Neill King \(MH-List\) wrote:
Bio-wash used intermittently is good in grey tanks (black too according to some). The Lidl tablets used to be favourite being both convenient and cheap - but discontinued I think in favour of the more expensive 'pods'. Not tried those.

There may be other tablets but any bio should work in the same way, its just a question of finding that convenient and cheap combination.

Best regards

Neill
----------------------------------------------
www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165
neill@... motorcaravanning@...
---------------------------------------------------------
A great on-line motorhome parts & accessory shop & reference


--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Peter S
 

Yes, bought ours in Morrison's.  Got a couple of boxes recently for use in the cassette.

Peter S

Sent from BlueMail

On 27 Sep 2019, at 11:50, "nhrluk via Groups.Io" <aol.com@groups.io target=_blank>in22gram=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have bought them in Morrisons and Tesco I think since Lidl stopped 
them. One can check on their websites to see if they have them.

Nigel L
=======

On 27/09/2019 10:38, Neill King &#92;(MH-List&#92;) wrote:
Bio-wash used intermittently is good in grey tanks (black too according to some). The Lidl tablets used to be favourite being both convenient and cheap - but discontinued I think in favour of the more expensive 'pods'. Not tried those.

There may be other tablets but any bio should work in the same way, its just a question of finding that convenient and cheap combination.

Best regards

Neill


www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165
neill@... motorcaravanning@...


A great on-line motorhome parts & accessory shop & reference




timsinc Sinclair
 

Well, I do the bio-detergent grey tank thing every now and then - use
loose bio powder which is always available and cheaper than pods. In
days of Lidl availability did try 'pods' in loo. But found it useless
- nostrils totally unsatisfied.

So back to chemicals and happy to be whiff free - SOG or not, I know not.

Seeming to frequently end up in hard water areas my other standby is
cheap distilled vinegar - great for clearing stains around taps and on
the surface. And especially the lime-scaled-up kettle bottom.
30-minute soak, couple of rinses, couple of boilings later good as
new.

Back to the loo: its blade can soon look white/grey from said
limescale. Bit of the cheap vinegar sees it cleared in 30 minutes.
After quick rinse, though, I always spray with seal lubricant.

But. What's happening in my hot water tank I fear to think. I've yet
to dare to pour a bottle of vinegar into the fresh water tank, flush
through, wait half an hour and then rinse and drain. Possibly twice.

Hmmm.....

For a full-timer, it's home maintenance, like having to defrost the
fridge/freezer (what do I do with the contents meanwhile?)

TimS

On 27/09/2019, Peter S <peter@...> wrote:
Yes, bought ours in Morrison's. Got a couple of boxes recently for use in
the cassette.

Peter S

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

On 27 Sep 2019, 11:50, at 11:50, "nhrluk via Groups.Io"
<in22gram=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have bought them in Morrisons and Tesco I think since Lidl stopped
them. One can check on their websites to see if they have them.

Nigel L
=======

On 27/09/2019 10:38, Neill King &#92;(MH-List&#92;) wrote:
Bio-wash used intermittently is good in grey tanks (black too
according to some). The Lidl tablets used to be favourite being both
convenient and cheap - but discontinued I think in favour of the more
expensive 'pods'. Not tried those.

There may be other tablets but any bio should work in the same way,
its just a question of finding that convenient and cheap combination.

Best regards

Neill
----------------------------------------------
www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165
neill@... motorcaravanning@...
---------------------------------------------------------
A great on-line motorhome parts & accessory shop & reference



--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus




--

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*

Alan Morris
 

On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 at 15:13, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:

So back to chemicals and happy to be whiff free - SOG or not, I know not.
I've always found the traditional chemical smell unpleasant. The new
Hymer came with a small sample of the green coloured variety. Even
the unopened bottle has a slight trace of the small in a confined
space. I kept for a while and then it went after smelling the storage
area.

Since 2005, I've been using SOG. I would have thought that with a
small motorhome and full-timing a SOG would be advantageous.

After quick rinse, though, I always spray with seal lubricant.
I always use the Thetford seal lubricant.

Alan