Topics

Another option to replace diesel

Bennett Family

Brent

Brilliant Martin that'll get the conservationists going!!!!!?
Fleet of them on the Island and we'll never be seen again!!
Take care stay safe all

Ernest Bull

But what about Smokeless Zones, Martin?

ErnB

charlie.green@...

Don't want to be picky, but I'm going to anyway. 🙄 There is no such thing as a smokeless zone, they are correctly called Smoke Control Areas. From memory, it's has been a long time since I was involved on Smoke Control Areas, Steam powered vehicles were in any case exempted. I also seem to remember that as many steam vehicles had to use high quality coal i.e. Welsh Dry Steam Coal, that they didn't pollute as much as one would imagine. Not sure what would happen in the new metropolitan clean air zones we have today, though, such a vehicle would almost certainly be impounded 😊

Ernest Bull

On 24 Dec 2020, at 10:28, charlie.green@... wrote:

Don't want to be picky, but I'm going to anyway. 🙄

So I will, too. Coal is still a global warming fuel.

About getting one of these as a base vehicle?

Just make sure you charge it with Green Juice.

ErnB