ADHESIVE FOR ROOF FAN

Carol Weaver

Got delivered today the Maxxair MAXXFAN de luxe and would like to ask you guys which adhesive I should get in for guy who I hope will fix it

He has first to remove the Fantastic Fan which doesn’t work and then replace it

I think it’s Sikaflex - but unsure and recall there was a number too

@Andy may know but anyone with knowledge I would be grateful

Trying to get this fitted has been ongoing since last April.

pj_home

Carol

You prob want Sikaflex 512 I got some recently from ebay I used this guy Ive used him before make sure the stuff you buy is in date

eBay item number:
312833457328

Paul

On 28 July 2021 at 19:45 Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

Got delivered today the Maxxair MAXXFAN de luxe and would like to ask you guys which adhesive I should get in for guy who I hope will fix it

He has first to remove the Fantastic Fan which doesn’t work and then replace it

I think it’s Sikaflex - but unsure and recall there was a number too

@Andy may know but anyone with knowledge I would be grateful

Trying to get this fitted has been ongoing since last April.

Thank you.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 at 20:32, pj_home via groups.io <paul.f.jackson=virgin.net@groups.io> wrote:

Carol

You prob want Sikaflex 512 I got some recently from ebay I used this guy Ive used him before make sure the stuff you buy is in date

eBay item number:
312833457328

Paul
On 28 July 2021 at 19:45 Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

Got delivered today the Maxxair MAXXFAN de luxe and would like to ask you guys which adhesive I should get in for guy who I hope will fix it

He has first to remove the Fantastic Fan which doesn’t work and then replace it

I think it’s Sikaflex - but unsure and recall there was a number too

@Andy may know but anyone with knowledge I would be grateful

Trying to get this fitted has been ongoing since last April.

Adrian Harman

I think the latest version is Sika 522 so in theory if you buy that you shouldn’t have a problem with the use by date.
I’ve just bought from Amazon maybe slightly more expensive to get the latest though.

Kind Regards

Adrian Harman

On 28 Jul 2021, 22:26 +0100, Carol Weaver <corconx@...>, wrote:
[...]

Steve Pyke

Hi,

I've used Everbuild Stixall successfully to fix my solar panels and similar items. It is waterproof and heat resistant. It's available in clear, white and black and Toolstation sell it.

It's a hybrid polymer adhesive and sealant. Other brands are available.

I got totally confused by the various Sika adhesives with similar numbers and some need a primer to work properly.

Everbuild are a Sika owned company!

Steve Pyke

www.motorhomeandaway.com