ADAC renewal reminders

geoffbarber@...

With the reduced change in breakdown cover for UK members in Germany only I chose to return the renewal membership cards and SEPA mandate and letter to ADAC stating I no longer wished to renew as there was now a change in terms. These were returned together with their letter  before due renewal date  of 26 August to their Munich hq.
I have now received further renewal reminder and request for payment (in German as always, of course) posted from Salzburg.
Does any member have an ADAC address  which will effectively acknowledge that I don't want to renew , and to stop reminders, please?

Carol Weaver

I believe we will not be covered after the end of our current year. As I have to actually phone to renew mine come February I won’t do it will just lapse. That’s my thoughts

Carol

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 at 21:56, geoffbarber via groups.io <geoffbarber=tiscali.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
With the reduced change in breakdown cover for UK members in Germany only I chose to return the renewal membership cards and SEPA mandate and letter to ADAC stating I no longer wished to renew as there was now a change in terms. These were returned together with their letter  before due renewal date  of 26 August to their Munich hq.
I have now received further renewal reminder and request for payment (in German as always, of course) posted from Salzburg.
Does any member have an ADAC address  which will effectively acknowledge that I don't want to renew , and to stop reminders, please?

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 at 19:56, geoffbarber via groups.io
<geoffbarber=tiscali.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

With the reduced change in breakdown cover for UK members
I have now received further renewal reminder and request for payment
Today I received my 3rd or 4th renewal reminder. Due to their
withdrawal of service for UK addresses, I've not renewed.

I just ignore the reminders.

Our new car has cover for the first 12 months, extended to 15 months
due to covid, so that's not a problem. But the Hymer, now SORN, is no
longer covered. Will need to find an alternative sometime.

The ADRC cover was for any vehicle. It would be good to get a single
service cover for two vehicles. if such exists.

Alan.

Nigel Owen

I sent an email to:

mitgliederservice@...

Formally cancelling my subscription from my renewal date (February 2021) and expressing my disappointment at the discontinuation of their service.

They did reply confirming my cancellation.

Nigel

On 17/09/2020 20:56, geoffbarber via groups.io wrote:
With the reduced change in breakdown cover for UK members in Germany only I chose to return the renewal membership cards and SEPA mandate and letter to ADAC stating I no longer wished to renew as there was now a change in terms. These were returned together with their letter  before due renewal date  of 26 August to their Munich hq.
I have now received further renewal reminder and request for payment (in German as always, of course) posted from Salzburg.
Does any member have an ADAC address  which will effectively acknowledge that I don't want to renew , and to stop reminders, please?

Andy Clarke

According to ADACs terms I think you are required to cancel 3 months prior to the renewal date. That's what I did.

However as the terms have changed I suspect that can't be enforced, not sure how they would enforce it anyway.

Andy Clarke

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 01:52 Nigel Owen, <nigel@...> wrote:
[...]

Mick Potter

I did the same as Carol: as I always had to phone up to renew, I just did nothing. All reminders make another contribution to the recycling pile.

Mick

timsinc Sinclair

Yes, me too. Such a shame.

Tim

On 18/09/2020, Mick Potter <mickpotter@zepler.org> wrote:
I did the same as Carol: as I always had to phone up to renew, I just did
nothing. All reminders make another contribution to the recycling pile.
Mick

John Inman

Try Britannia rescue we have cover for any veh we are in and no veh age restriction even cheaper if yr a member of csma boundless

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020, 21:47 Alan Morris, <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 at 19:56, geoffbarber via groups.io
<geoffbarber=tiscali.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

> With the reduced change in breakdown cover for UK members

> I have now received further renewal reminder and request for payment

Today I received my 3rd or 4th renewal reminder.  Due to their
withdrawal of service for UK addresses, I've not renewed.

I just ignore the reminders.

Our new car has cover for the first 12 months, extended to 15 months
due to covid, so that's not a problem.  But the Hymer, now SORN, is no
longer covered.  Will need to find an alternative sometime.

The ADRC cover was for any vehicle.  It would be good to get a single
service cover for two vehicles. if such exists.

Alan.

Andy Clarke

Yes, we're with LV Britannia Rescue now. The only problem is that they don't have the extensive cover that we had with ADAC,  ie no cover for countries like Morocco or Turkey.

Andy Clarke

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 18:59 John Inman, <rorotraveller@...> wrote:
Try Britannia rescue we have cover for any veh we are in and no veh age restriction even cheaper if yr a member of csma boundless

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020, 21:47 Alan Morris, <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 at 19:56, geoffbarber via groups.io
<geoffbarber=tiscali.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

> With the reduced change in breakdown cover for UK members

> I have now received further renewal reminder and request for payment

Today I received my 3rd or 4th renewal reminder.  Due to their
withdrawal of service for UK addresses, I've not renewed.

I just ignore the reminders.

Our new car has cover for the first 12 months, extended to 15 months
due to covid, so that's not a problem.  But the Hymer, now SORN, is no
longer covered.  Will need to find an alternative sometime.

The ADRC cover was for any vehicle.  It would be good to get a single
service cover for two vehicles. if such exists.

I wonder sometimes whether it's worth it. I've needed assistance twice
in over 25 years motorhoming (once with ADAC). My fee paid out for all
those years would have more than covered cost of paying for commercial
assistance.

Still, it's peace of mind and an easy phone call away for help. So do
I go for Britannia when my ADAC term expires next year?

Tim

www.ukmotorhomes.net

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020, 21:47 Alan Morris, <alan.g4ens@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 at 19:56, geoffbarber via groups.io
<geoffbarber=tiscali.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

With the reduced change in breakdown cover for UK members
I have now received further renewal reminder and request for payment
Today I received my 3rd or 4th renewal reminder. Due to their
withdrawal of service for UK addresses, I've not renewed.

I just ignore the reminders.

Our new car has cover for the first 12 months, extended to 15 months
due to covid, so that's not a problem. But the Hymer, now SORN, is no
longer covered. Will need to find an alternative sometime.

The ADRC cover was for any vehicle. It would be good to get a single
service cover for two vehicles. if such exists.

Alan.

Andy Clarke

For me it's the peace of mind that one phone call should get us sorted in the event of a breakdown, instead of having to phone around to find a breakdown company that can recover a 3.8 tonne lwb van.

Andy Clarke

On 18/09/2020, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:
> Yes, we're with LV Britannia Rescue now. The only problem is that they
> don't have the extensive cover that we had with ADAC,  ie no cover for
> countries like Morocco or Turkey.
>
> Andy Clarke
> www.ukmotorhomes.net
>
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 18:59 John Inman, <rorotraveller@...> wrote:
>
>> Try Britannia rescue we have cover for any veh we are in and no veh age
>> restriction even cheaper if yr a member of csma boundless
>>
>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2020, 21:47 Alan Morris, <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:

>>> Today I received my 3rd or 4th renewal reminder.  Due to their
>>> withdrawal of service for UK addresses, I've not renewed.
>>>
>>> I just ignore the reminders.
>>>
>>> Our new car has cover for the first 12 months, extended to 15 months
>>> due to covid, so that's not a problem.  But the Hymer, now SORN, is no
>>> longer covered.  Will need to find an alternative sometime.
>>>
>>> The ADRC cover was for any vehicle.  It would be good to get a single
>>> service cover for two vehicles. if such exists.
>>>
>>> Alan.

John Inman

Britannia rescue do cover the euro side if the bosphorus yet to try it out but our long term aim is to drive to our villa outside fethyie not too far from where don used to over winter been looking at some if his trips for inspiration

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 at 18:21, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, we're with LV Britannia Rescue now. The only problem is that they don't have the extensive cover that we had with ADAC, ie no cover for countries like Morocco or Turkey.
And they cast about twice what ADAC charged.

Alan.

John Inman

110 per year incl at home and europe if csma member that invl any veh covered in uk and 1 nominated veh for europe

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020, 22:35 Alan Morris, <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 at 18:21, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:

> Yes, we're with LV Britannia Rescue now. The only problem is that they don't have the extensive cover that we had with ADAC,  ie no cover for countries like Morocco or Turkey.

And they cast about twice what ADAC charged.

Alan.

geoffbarber@...

Pending the interregnum when my ADAC cover expired and insurance (Comfort) renewal due with possible breakdown cover I bought a bog standard  UK roadside assistance+local national recovery+onward travel for £31.93 (12 month cover) just for peace of mind.  I used

www.comparebreakdowncover.co.uk ,
there are more permutations for Personal/vehicle, UK/Europe, xx?day cover, vehicle hire, repatriation etc at competitive pricing.

Andy Clarke

The cheaper breakdown companies won't cover our 19 year old 3.8t Sprinter. LV Britannia Rescue covers motorhomes up to 8m and 7.5t, with no age limit.

Andy Clarke