ADAC Membership

swingle.tree@...

Anyone else had a letter from ADAC cancelling the PASS aspect of their membership. I think (using google translate) unless I have an address in Germany I no longer have breakdown insurance.

I start my next subscription on 1st June and just paid for a years cover. I am hoping that I will get my money back
Cheers
Roger

Nigel Owen

I've not heard anything - renewed our membership a couple of months back.

Nigel.

On 30/04/2020 12:57, swingle.tree@... wrote:
Anyone else had a letter from ADAC cancelling the PASS aspect of their membership. I think (using google translate) unless I have an address in Germany I no longer have breakdown insurance.

I start my next subscription on 1st June and just paid for a years cover. I am hoping that I will get my money back
Cheers
Roger

timsinc Sinclair

Me neither (then I'm relying on post redirection to isolation address)
but have no idea anyway what "PASS aspect" is or involves. A
difference between breakdown cover and/or insurance?

Tim

On 30/04/2020 12:57, swingle.tree@gmail.com wrote:
Anyone else had a letter from ADAC cancelling the PASS aspect of their
membership. I think (using google translate) unless I have an address
in Germany I no longer have breakdown insurance.

I start my next subscription on 1st June and just paid for a years
cover. I am hoping that I will get my money back
Cheers
Roger

Mick Potter

Can you post a copy of your letter, it might be of help?

Bests,

Mick

Andy Clarke

Yes, got the letter this morning.

A rough translation indicates that, from 1/9/20 the PLUS membership will no longer apply if you do not have an address in Germany. Effectively this means that we will not get any benefits from continuing membership as the breakdown cover will only apply in Germany. I'll be cancelling our renewal.

Andy Clarke

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 13:18, <swingle.tree@...> wrote:
Anyone else had a letter from ADAC cancelling the PASS aspect of their membership. I think (using google translate) unless I have an address in Germany I no longer have breakdown insurance.

I start my next subscription on 1st June and just paid for a years cover. I am hoping that I will get my money back
Cheers
Roger

Andy Clarke

What's the date from when your cover will be reduced Roger? Mine appears to be my actual renewal date this year.

On 30/04/2020, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@gmail.com> wrote:

A rough translation indicates that, from 1/9/20 the PLUS membership will no
longer apply if you do not have an address in Germany. Effectively this
means that we will not get any benefits from continuing membership as the
breakdown cover will only apply in Germany. I'll be cancelling our renewal.
... and if you have the ordinary membership (not PLUS) ?

Renewed mine a month ago. I've paid for 12 months of service. So they
can just break the contract? Not deliver what I've paid for?

Sorry, guess these questions should be directed at ADAC, not any of us
coping with a foreign language.

Tim

Carol Weaver

Just got mine too.  Mine says from 01/03/2021. So for a year we have cover

Here is translation:

ADAC Munich, April 17th, 2020 Membership Service Tel +49 89 76 76 38 00 mitiedererservice@... ADAC eV Membership & Insurance

Tr9 6et St Columb GREAT BRITAIN

Member number: 469527336 Changeover to ADAC membership without pluses  - Services

Dear Ms. Weaver, as you know as an interested ADAC member, the ADAC focuses its mobility services in particular on its more than 21 million members based in Germany in order to provide them with the best offers and services worldwide.  In view of the fact that the complexity of the legal requirements that have to be met in connection with the provision of services, especially for Plus members residing abroad, we have decided that Plus services in the context of ADAC membership will only be for members in the future  with residence in Germany.  Therefore we will change your ADAC Plus membership (and possibly existing partnerships of partners / children) from 01.03.21 to a membership without plus benefits.  Nevertheless, you will continue to be protected within the framework of your classic ADAC membership, for which you will of course pay a correspondingly cheaper membership fee.  The services associated with classic ADAC membership, such as breakdown assistance in Germany, legal advice, ADAC Tourset or the ADAC benefit program, remain the same for you.  If your main residence is in Germany and does not correspond to the address given above, please let us know the address of your main residence in Germany.  Kind regards Michael Dern Head of Members Individual Topics & Last Level Service (MIL) This letter was created by machine and is valid without a signature.  Please note the back

(Courtesy of Google Translate)

Obviously as no German Address we lose Plus. So when insurance due next year I’ll add breakdown

So as ours was renewed 1/3/20. We are ok this year

Carol

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 15:34, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
On 30/04/2020, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:

> A rough translation indicates that, from 1/9/20 the PLUS membership will no
> longer apply if you do not have an address in Germany. Effectively this
> means that we will not get any benefits from continuing membership as the
> breakdown cover will only apply in Germany. I'll be cancelling our renewal.

... and if you have the ordinary membership (not PLUS) ?

Renewed mine a month ago. I've paid for 12 months of service. So they
can just break the contract? Not deliver what I've paid for?

Sorry, guess these questions should be directed at ADAC, not any of us
coping with a foreign language.

Tim

pj_home

Thats a shame. I just got my 10 year gold card as well. Looks like I will be cancelling in August when my renewal is due. Had to use them a couple of times and the service was excellent.

Paul

ADAC Munich, April 17th, 2020 Membership Service Tel +49 89 76 76 38 00 mitiedererservice@adac.de <mailto:mitiedererservice@adac.de> ADAC eV Membership & Insurance
<mailto:andyclarke1050@gmail.com>> wrote:

> A rough translation indicates that, from 1/9/20 the PLUS
membership will no
> longer apply if you do not have an address in Germany.
Effectively this
> means that we will not get any benefits from continuing
membership as the
> breakdown cover will only apply in Germany. I'll be cancelling
our renewal.
... and if you have the ordinary membership (not PLUS) ?
Renewed mine a month ago. I've paid for 12 months of service. So they
can just break the contract? Not deliver what I've paid for?
Sorry, guess these questions should be directed at ADAC, not any of us
coping with a foreign language.
Tim
https://www.avg.com

Carol Weaver

Paul we had to use them with the Esterel which twice ended up on a low loader. Always something tiny

Service was great but I did wonder about it when we renewed this year.

Carol

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 15:49, pj_home via groups.io <paul.f.jackson=virgin.net@groups.io> wrote:
> [...]

> Carol
>
> On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 15:34, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...
> <mailto:timsinc@...>> wrote:
>
>     On 30/04/2020, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...
>     <mailto:andyclarke1050@...>> wrote:
>
>      > A rough translation indicates that, from 1/9/20 the PLUS
>     membership will no
>      > longer apply if you do not have an address in Germany.
>     Effectively this
>      > means that we will not get any benefits from continuing
>     membership as the
>      > breakdown cover will only apply in Germany. I'll be cancelling
>     our renewal.
>
>     ... and if you have the ordinary membership (not PLUS) ?
>
>     Renewed mine a month ago. I've paid for 12 months of service. So they
>     can just break the contract? Not deliver what I've paid for?
>
>     Sorry, guess these questions should be directed at ADAC, not any of us

https://www.avg.com

Mike I published translation just now. It appears from catching up on post that it’s going to your renewal date. Ours was 1/3

Carol

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 14:24, Mick Potter <mickpotter@...> wrote:
We renewed our subscription a few months back, and have had no letters or emails changing anything.

Can you post a copy of your letter, it might be of help?

Bests,

Mick

Nigel Owen

Ahh - the PLUS relates to the additional family member.

As we use ADAC for both our cars looks like we'll have to look elsewhere at the next renewal time.

Nigel.

On 30/04/2020 15:40, Carol Weaver wrote:
Just got mine too.  Mine says from 01/03/2021. So for a year we have cover

Here is translation:

ADAC Munich, April 17th, 2020 Membership Service Tel +49 89 76 76 38 00 mitiedererservice@... ADAC eV Membership & Insurance

Tr9 6et St Columb GREAT BRITAIN

Member number: 469527336 Changeover to ADAC membership without pluses  - Services

Dear Ms. Weaver, as you know as an interested ADAC member, the ADAC focuses its mobility services in particular on its more than 21 million members based in Germany in order to provide them with the best offers and services worldwide.  In view of the fact that the complexity of the legal requirements that have to be met in connection with the provision of services, especially for Plus members residing abroad, we have decided that Plus services in the context of ADAC membership will only be for members in the future  with residence in Germany.  Therefore we will change your ADAC Plus membership (and possibly existing partnerships of partners / children) from 01.03.21 to a membership without plus benefits.  Nevertheless, you will continue to be protected within the framework of your classic ADAC membership, for which you will of course pay a correspondingly cheaper membership fee.  The services associated with classic ADAC membership, such as breakdown assistance in Germany, legal advice, ADAC Tourset or the ADAC benefit program, remain the same for you.  If your main residence is in Germany and does not correspond to the address given above, please let us know the address of your main residence in Germany.  Kind regards Michael Dern Head of Members Individual Topics & Last Level Service (MIL) This letter was created by machine and is valid without a signature.  Please note the back

(Courtesy of Google Translate)

Obviously as no German Address we lose Plus. So when insurance due next year I’ll add breakdown

So as ours was renewed 1/3/20. We are ok this year

Carol

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 15:34, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
On 30/04/2020, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:

> A rough translation indicates that, from 1/9/20 the PLUS membership will no
> longer apply if you do not have an address in Germany. Effectively this
> means that we will not get any benefits from continuing membership as the
> breakdown cover will only apply in Germany. I'll be cancelling our renewal.

... and if you have the ordinary membership (not PLUS) ?

Renewed mine a month ago. I've paid for 12 months of service. So they
can just break the contract? Not deliver what I've paid for?

Sorry, guess these questions should be directed at ADAC, not any of us
coping with a foreign language.

Tim

As we all, Nigel, will look, I'm sure, for an alternative come the end
of our year's contract, especially reading in Carol's translation:
.....classic ADAC membership, such as breakdown assistance ~in Germany~ ....
note not in UK, France etc.

Will be interesting to hear from all which alternative is eventually chosen.

> [...]

Carol

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 15:34, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@gmail.com
<mailto:timsinc@gmail.com>> wrote:

On 30/04/2020, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@gmail.com
<mailto:andyclarke1050@gmail.com>> wrote:

> A rough translation indicates that, from 1/9/20 the PLUS
membership will no
> longer apply if you do not have an address in Germany.
Effectively this
> means that we will not get any benefits from continuing
membership as the
> breakdown cover will only apply in Germany. I'll be cancelling
our renewal.

... and if you have the ordinary membership (not PLUS) ?

Renewed mine a month ago. I've paid for 12 months of service. So they
can just break the contract? Not deliver what I've paid for?

Sorry, guess these questions should be directed at ADAC, not any of

<http://www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel>
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;
https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

Nigel Owen

Tim:

We have subscribed to the ADAC recovery service mainly for our cars (the first time in 15 years that we needed to call them out was a couple of months ago - handled by the AA), we have recovery for our motorhome as an add-on for our insurance (Saga).

I did some shopping around prior to renewing with ADAC earlier in the year and got a very competitive quote from Green Flag for our cars (their call centre staff clearly have the ability to offer better rates than quoted on their website).  We ended up renewing with ADAC as although slightly more expensive it also covered us for the motorhome should this be needed.

I think we'll probably move to Green Flag for the cars (must be under 16 years old) on their 'Personal Cover Breakdown' as it's the person covered not the car similar to ADAC.

I think this subject will no doubt be discussed again when we all have to renew or ADAC membership - or not!

Nigel.

00 mitiedererservice@... <mailto:mitiedererservice@...> ADAC

<mailto:timsinc@...>> wrote:

    On 30/04/2020, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...
    <mailto:andyclarke1050@...>> wrote:

    > A rough translation indicates that, from 1/9/20 the PLUS
    membership will no
    > longer apply if you do not have an address in Germany.
    Effectively this
    > means that we will not get any benefits from continuing
    membership as the
    > breakdown cover will only apply in Germany. I'll be cancelling
    our renewal.

    ... and if you have the ordinary membership (not PLUS) ?

    Renewed mine a month ago. I've paid for 12 months of service. So they
    can just break the contract? Not deliver what I've paid for?

    Sorry, guess these questions should be directed at ADAC, not any of
us
    coping with a foreign language.

    Tim

<http://www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel>
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;
https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

Carol Weaver

Well our car insurance has also been renewed without breakdown and runs until mid April next year. So 6 weeks without cover ☹️

Motorhome insurance is due 17/5 so that would be short of breakdown cover for 2 months - one of which we would )hopefully) be away. So think I had better add it in this year.

Anyone any thoughts?  It’s this coming week when I start searching for costs.

Carol

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 16:49, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
> [...]

>>     Effectively this
>>     > means that we will not get any benefits from continuing
>>     membership as the
>>     > breakdown cover will only apply in Germany. I'll be cancelling
>>     our renewal.
>>
>>     ... and if you have the ordinary membership (not PLUS) ?
>>
>>     Renewed mine a month ago. I've paid for 12 months of service. So they
>>     can just break the contract? Not deliver what I've paid for?
>>
>>     Sorry, guess these questions should be directed at ADAC, not any of
>> us
>>     coping with a foreign language.
>>
>>     Tim
>>

>> --
>> --
>> Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
>> <http://www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel>
>> Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;

Thanks, Nigel. Green Flag noted for next year when my ADAC expires and
I'll be looking.

> [...]

membership will no
> longer apply if you do not have an address in Germany.
Effectively this
> means that we will not get any benefits from continuing
membership as the
> breakdown cover will only apply in Germany. I'll be cancelling
our renewal.

... and if you have the ordinary membership (not PLUS) ?

Renewed mine a month ago. I've paid for 12 months of service. So
they
can just break the contract? Not deliver what I've paid for?

Sorry, guess these questions should be directed at ADAC, not any
of
us
coping with a foreign language.

Tim

<http://www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel>
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;

Carol:  see my previous post on Green Flag.  Got a better deal over the phone than on their website.

Nigel.

On 30/04/2020 17:19, Carol Weaver wrote:
> [...]

>>     Effectively this
>>     > means that we will not get any benefits from continuing
>>     membership as the
>>     > breakdown cover will only apply in Germany. I'll be cancelling
>>     our renewal.
>>
>>     ... and if you have the ordinary membership (not PLUS) ?
>>
>>     Renewed mine a month ago. I've paid for 12 months of service. So they
>>     can just break the contract? Not deliver what I've paid for?
>>
>>     Sorry, guess these questions should be directed at ADAC, not any of
>> us
>>     coping with a foreign language.
>>
>>     Tim
>>

>> --
>> --
>> Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
>> <http://www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel>
>> Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;

Will do thank you

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 17:22, Nigel Owen <nigel@...> wrote:
> [...]

>>     Effectively this
>>     > means that we will not get any benefits from continuing
>>     membership as the
>>     > breakdown cover will only apply in Germany. I'll be cancelling
>>     our renewal.
>>
>>     ... and if you have the ordinary membership (not PLUS) ?
>>
>>     Renewed mine a month ago. I've paid for 12 months of service. So they
>>     can just break the contract? Not deliver what I've paid for?
>>
>>     Sorry, guess these questions should be directed at ADAC, not any of
>> us
>>     coping with a foreign language.
>>
>>     Tim
>>

>> --
>> --
>> Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
>> <http://www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel>
>> Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;

David Scholes

I seem to have a different problem.
ADAC sent me an extra letter a couple of days ago but it mentioned nothing about next year’s membership. What it said was that ‘here is a kind of membership card for this year, just paper, not plastic. Please sign on the back. Also included is a plus booklet’
So now I have 31 pages of conditions in German and no idea as to whether they are trying to help me or are planning to Chuck me out.
I got my gold card a year or so ago and I only ever called them out once, for a blowout when on a German motorway when the traffic was so heavy and the hard shoulder so sloping that I didn’t dare going underneath the jacked up van until their mechanic used an extra jack to stabilise it allowing me to crawl under to get the wheel out whilst he watched me.

David

On 30 Apr 2020, at 17:21, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Alan Morris

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 17:37, David Scholes <scholesd@gmx.co.uk> wrote:

I seem to have a different problem.
ADAC sent me an extra letter a couple of days ago but it mentioned nothing about next year’s membership. What it said was that ‘here is a kind of membership card for this year, just paper, not plastic. Please sign on the back. Also included is a plus booklet’
Today I received two envelopes from ADAC, slightly different. My wife
has not had the time to read them.

Alan