Interesting new small Motorhome/camper

Andy Clarke

Thanks for this Phil, I've just signed up for Pressreader but my library is not available for RB Digital sadly.

Andy Clarke

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 at 14:58, Phil <g4udu-1@...> wrote:
As we all have a bit of extra time to spare at the moment, if you would like to look at some different magazines - take a look at what's available for FREE via the library service.

French mags "Camping Car" and Le Monde du Camping Car" are both available via Pressreader (Camping Car doesn't show every month)  and Practical Motorhome is available via RB Digital

All you need is your electronic library card, login to the program (App free on iPad Android) - register your local library area ( I am West Sussex County Council)  as the server - put in the card number and you're good to go.

Note:  There is an option to pay - Ignore this and register for FREE library service

I get my daily paper this way anywhere in the world that I can get a bit of WiF, it all downloads to the device so available for when the wifi is gone, plus a number of the walking and trail magazines are auto delivered - there are literally 1000+ titles available from all around the world.

Seriously it's a very good service provided by the library and the big plus point is iPressreader has a built in auto translator in the app so you can look at the French text then just tell it to automatically translate to English , page turning does work and you therefore have a English magazine to read.

Works best on a tablet - iPad or Android up to about 5 years old - OK on a laptop but not so easy to "Page Swipe"

 Le Monde du Camping Car last month had an interesting feature and mentioned the legal status of overnight stops in France.

Enjoy reading

Phil

Phil

In the accounts settings - you need to go to SOCIAL AND LINKED NETWORKS then choose "LIBRARY"

Start to type the name of your library and it should auto complete

You will need to re-validate it every month - as you can see here I have 10 titles that auto deiiver

Phil

timsinc Sinclair

Thanks, Phil. A great idea I took up several years ago on a different
device but can't remember the app.

Anyway, downloaded Pressreader on my Android tablet but cannot see
anywhere, including under settings, where you register your library
'as the server'. Any hints?

Also, I assume it's only the iPressreader that offers translations.

TimS

On 22/01/2021, Phil <g4udu-1@psmb.co.uk> wrote:
[...]

Carol Weaver

Brett just open in google it translates it

Carol

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 at 07:56, Brent <brentiow.c@...> wrote:
Looks good Carol, but not speaking/reading French? couldn't understand details!!!
Think it's 5.95m (that would help with our ferries!!!!) and is the bed 1.90?
As you say would like to see one "in the flesh"

Take care and stay safe all

Brent