Freedom

Derek Sims

This is Tish writing.
The more one educates oneself properly about this so-called pandemic and the less one allows oneself to be brainwashed by people with hidden agendas, the more one sees one’s freedom as being greatly under threat. The cure is far worse than the malady. But I know this is not a political forum. I am so pleased I have my motorhoming journals to relive the good times.
Best wishes to all
Tish

Carol Weaver

Come on we can’t look back - it won’t be the same but hopefully we will get out and about and enjoy our Motorhomes. It’s just a case of planning the 90 days bit

Do you think they will continue to enforce it in the long term as we spend a fair bit of our money with them

Living in hope

Carol

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 at 07:54, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:

This is Tish writing.
The more one educates oneself properly about this so-called pandemic and the less one allows oneself to be brainwashed by people with hidden agendas, the more one sees one’s freedom as being greatly under threat. The cure is far worse than the malady. But I know this is not a political forum. I am so pleased I have my motorhoming journals to relive the good times.
Best wishes to all
Tish

Andy Clarke

Planning for the '90 in 180' permitted length of stay in Schengen is tricky for multiple visits as it's a rolling 180 days. There's a useful calculator here https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/visa-calculator/ to help.

Yes I'm sure it will continue to be enforced, you can't leave a club and expect to keep the benefits of membership.

Andy Clarke

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 at 12:53, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
[...]

But the rules were there before but not enforced.  Wishful thinking me thinks! 🤣

Carol

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 at 14:56, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:
[...]

What rules were there before?

Andy Clarke

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 16:28 Carol Weaver, <corconx@...> wrote:
[...]

Mick Potter

Does anyone know what the details of a visa are/are likely to be?

If its, say, 50 Euro for a multi entry, 5 year visa - presumably to the whole Schengen area, that's no real problem. As I understand things, we don't need International Driving Permits.

Of course, were I of a cynical nature, I might think that the EU could make things deliberately more awkward/expensive - pour encourager les autres!

Mick

Carol Weaver

Apparently the 90:180 were always there but not implemented. Except if you stayed over your 180 you had to register

Carol

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 at 17:01, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:
[...]

Think you're wrong, Carol. EU was/is all about no borders and free
movement anywhere in it of all its citizens. To work and to play
forever how long.

As for how will authorities know whether you're obeying our new border
rules, guess our now blue passports will be gaining a lot more dated
stamps than of old.

TimS

PS, you'll be aware that if posting gift to friends in Germany (or any
EU country) the PO will demand you stick on a customs declaration
label showing contents/value. As per recent mobile phone discussion,
my Three's limitless data deal does not apply to roaming. There's a
19gb cap, probably soon to change?

www.ukmotorhomes.net

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 at 07:54, Derek Sims <derek.sims@gmx.com> wrote:

This is Tish writing.
The more one educates oneself properly about this so-called pandemic
and the less one allows oneself to be brainwashed by people with
hidden
agendas, the more one sees one’s freedom as being greatly under
threat. The
cure is far worse than the malady. But I know this is not a political
forum. I am so pleased I have my motorhoming journals to relive the
good
times.
Best wishes to all
Tish

Sign up for SMUGMUG here:
https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;
https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

Sign up for SMUGMUG here:
https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;
https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

Sign up for SMUGMUG here:
https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;
https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

David Scholes

Hi Mick

No idea of the specifics for France but Turkey and USA are very similar. For multiple use visa apply to consulate. For single use visa fill out a form on the internet and pay the money.
I have an international driving licence. It is merely a translation into 4 languages of what it says on your British licence. Costs a fiver and may be useful though I have been stopped by police in Poland, France and Portugal and never asked for one. They were really only interested in passport and log book.
Why make things more difficult. Except for on the spot fines (French Gendarmes are paid out of those fines so if you get stopped you will need about 100 euros cash in your wallet). Otherwise they will struggle to get you when you are back in UK and even harder if you are still over there.
To the foreign coppers we are simply a source of cash, sometimes. If it gets difficult they lose interest. But if it gets serious (like you are carrying drugs) then god help you.

Pour les sutures, they don’t care. Coppers hate all motorists really. That’s their job.

David

On 17 Jan 2021, at 18:33, Mick Potter <mickpotter@...> wrote:

Does anyone know what the details of a visa are/are likely to be?

If its, say, 50 Euro for a multi entry, 5 year visa - presumably to the whole Schengen area, that's no real problem. As I understand things, we don't need International Driving Permits.

Of course, were I of a cynical nature, I might think that the EU could make things deliberately more awkward/expensive - pour encourager les autres!

Mick

David Scholes

I never did. Nobody cared. Why would anybody care now. I stayed at a baragem in Portugal where there was a gang of Brits who had been there for 7 years. They had water scooters (or whatever they are called) and things like that and not a valid tax disc between them. Presumably no MOTs or insurance either and probably all drawing uk benefits. They seemed to be the main income of the local village. Nobody seemed to care about them either.
At Terragem, in Portugal, we watched a girl leave a gypsy caravan in the field down the hill from us and walk up the field a bit then squat down, have a dump and wipe her bum with the toilet roll she was carrying. Nobody seemed to care about that either.
Europe is not England!

David

wrote:

[...]

Don Madge

I have been trying to remember back tor pre EU days. I can recall some countries in Europe had reciprocal health agreements with the UK. I can also remember that you needed an Italian translation for your driving license, they were available from the AA & RAC   We always carried IDP's (International Driving Permits) They were always well received in most countries. There's also the insurance Green Card i can't remember when and were it was required.