CCC membership renewal - not extended?

David Scholes

Way to go Tim.

David

On 19 Aug 2020, at 20:25, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry if being abrasive, but I'm determined not to let the enemy win.
But then probably one day they'll carry my dead body out of a
campervan.

Tim

David Scholes

Yes. I meant insurance.

David

On 19 Aug 2020, at 19:49, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

David fo you mean insurance?  It was club membership to be extended not insurance

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 at 19:29, David Scholes <scholesd@...> wrote:
I got my renewal notice from CCC at the beginning of this month. There was no mention of extensions and the price was roughly double last year (no claims or any such during the last year with any vehicle).

David

On 19 Aug 2020, at 17:57, Buff via groups.io <huffbuffforums=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

We've just received our annual renewal notice from the Camping & Caravanning Club. So far as I can see no reduction or extension has been applied to allow for Covid lockdown. The price is £1 up from last year and the next renewal date is 12 months on from this one.

Since April I have been happy in the knowledge that the CCC was one of the few organisations extending membership. I think I first became aware of this here when Carol mentioned that she had had an email to that effect. Googling now on the subject I see that Practical Motorhome confirmed it in this article: https://www.practicalmotorhome.com/news/camping-and-caravanning-club-extends-annual-membership-period

However, I cannot see that we ever received the email and we have now received this renewal notice for the full amount.

Did anyone else receive the email about the extension? Has it been followed up either by extended membership or a discounted renewal?

Hugh

I’m with you. Life is for living and I intend to do my best

For three months we could get no slot for delivery (diabetic on  insulin, pacemaker fitted as emergency as lockdown came , stent and high blood pressure- all sadly big problems and I’m overweight to boot. But we went out twice, once  a week once for groceries and again for bread and pharmacy once a month in one of these days. Queued and no masks. Civic rampant. Now we have to wear masks and Covid rate down. Where does it make sense?

So unless things change I take my risk and live. I wear my mask where needed and we don’t mix socially.

Six times more are dying from flu!

Are we shutting everything down?

More testing would help too

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 at 20:25, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
On 19/08/2020, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:

> Motorhoming has changed and possibly for the rest of our elderly lifetimes.

Yes, as has nearly all aspects of our lives. Still, this old dog WILL

learn new tricks. Have to with my present full-time way of life. Never

before have I had to spend so many hours over several days to ensure I

have somewhere to pitch from now to at least the beginning of October.

Don't know of any travel/recovery type insurance that covers such.

Covid curtailing our lives certainly. You can give in and cancel all

memberships to life (quibbling over few pounds when we've spent

thousands on our wheels) or accept and adapt to this new reality.

Hateful masks and all.

On 19/08/2020, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Buff and Hugh

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 07:59 PM, Peter S wrote:
From CCC website

"The Camping and Caravanning Club has promised to offer you full value for your membership. This year, we’re extending your membership for the 3-month period our sites were closed.

If you joined the Club, or renewed your membership prior to July 4th 2020 and paid for your membership you’ll be eligible for the extension.

Because our membership system has to work in advance to process renewals, we are able to apply the renewal extension automatically from October."

So anybody renewing before October will have to wait until their next renewal.

Peter S

Thanks. Buff says that rings a bell!

Sandytrax

Ah it’s a Renewal Extension!
You’ll get your 3 months replaced only if you renew next August!
No extension for what you’ve already paid!

Extortion not extension!

From CCC website

On 19/08/2020 19:49:41, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

[...]

From CCC website

[...]

Oops. I must check ours it’s by DD. Email them. I won’t be happy either if that’s the cas

[...]

If you’re not happy, isn’t it best to
query this with the company concerned?

If you are not happy with their response then take whatever action you feel appropriate which may involve their complaints procedure.

For my part, I cancelled my membership of those companies long ago.

Happy travels
Brian

On 19 Aug 2020, at 17:57, Buff via groups.io <huffbuffforums@...> wrote:

[...]

Alan Morris