Topics

Greece

Carol Weaver

Just seen this if anyone planning to go worth keeping an eye on this page

David

And here's a link to the Greek Gov website for up to date(?!) info https://www.mfa.gr/en/current-affairs/statements-speeches/welcome-to-greece.html

Sandytrax

We're off to Greece on Friday!
Having had to curtail our trip in March, leaving the van at Athens Airport and flying back to the UK, I'm looking forward to being reunited with the van and lovely Greece.
It could be a mission getting through border controls and getting the van started!
Wish us luck!
Cheers!
Brian

Sandytrax

We've completed our Passenger Location Forms and booked a couple of campsites in Athens and Napflio for the first couple of weeks. Hope to finish our tour of the Peloponnese and then maybe Crete.
We wouldn't normally travel in July and August but can't leave the van any longer!
Not sure how busy it will be.
"It's all part of the journey"

Happy Travels.
Brian

phipps_paul

Hi Brian

Good luck!!
Interested to know how you get on as we would like to get there some day.

Take care

Paul

On 13 Jul 2020, at 12:21, Sandytrax <brianinspain12@...> wrote:

We've completed our Passenger Location Forms and booked a couple of campsites in Athens and Napflio for the first couple of weeks. Hope to finish our tour of the Peloponnese and then maybe Crete.
We wouldn't normally travel in July and August but can't leave the van any longer!
Not sure how busy it will be.
"It's all part of the journey"

Happy Travels.
Brian

Carol Weaver

Brian. Hope all goes well. Please keep us updated and hope your Motorhome is still in good order when you get there

Carol

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 at 12:21, Sandytrax <brianinspain12@...> wrote:
We've completed our Passenger Location Forms and booked a couple of campsites in Athens and Napflio for the first couple of weeks. Hope to finish our tour of the Peloponnese and then maybe Crete.
We wouldn't normally travel in July and August but can't leave the van any longer!
Not sure how busy it will be.
"It's all part of the journey"

Happy Travels.
Brian

David

Hi, I've been "chatting" with a guy who arrived at Patra on Sunday last (12/7), he says that, during the trip, there were no disruptions and that he had the best loading he's ever experienced at Ancona where he had had to produce evidence of submitting the PLF (any who couldn't were apparently being turned away) and have his temperature taken. On arrival at Patra, he had a swab taken. Have a good trip and here's to hoping your van is ok  cheers  David

Sandytrax

So here we are at Camping Athens.
Everything went very well with the EasyJet flight. Mask wearing on an almost full plane but no testing either at Bristol or Athens. All that we had to do was wave our Passenger Location forms to prove we had completed them.

The parking company picked us up at Athens airport within minutes and took us a short distance to the parking compound.

The parking company jump started the vehicle battery and we were on our way!

4 months parking undercover for £200 was a bargain. EParking - excellent company, part of Europcar.

Extremely hot at up to 35C and 25 at night.
So I’m researching air conditioning units!
See ‘air conditioning ‘ thread.

Camping Athens is a fair size maybe 60 pitches. Only 6 vans here - 5 German and one Chech.
The staff are very helpful and are cleaning everything regularly.

Off to the beach!
cheers
Brian

Carol Weaver

So pleased everything went well for your return. Such a relief for you I’m sure but also glad the Motorhome is in a good state.

Will you continually on sites for a/c?  Generally speaking trying to acclimatise is better and use cool (damp) sheets at night.  If sites then a/c good option.

We have a Fantastic Fan and find that works. Need it on and also another roof vent open so it sucks air in but allows the movement of air. There again I wouldn’t be in Greece in those temperatures!!

Enjoy your trip and keep us up to date

A good app (free) for friends to follow you is Polarsteps.

Carol

On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 at 06:47, Sandytrax <brianinspain12@...> wrote:

[...]

Really pleased for you - and more than a little jealous! Hope you have a great time and find space to keep us up to speed with your adventures.

Don't be getting burnt in that sun!
David