Fiat Ducato Instrument Cluster - a Warning / Airbags

Bennett Family

Alan,

I like that!

Martin

On 19 May 2020, at 16:56, Alan Morris via groups.io <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:

When I was driving for the RAF, I had the pleasure of driving their Pinzgauer 6x6 ambulance.

The rear pair of wheels on each side's suspension was air suspension assisted.  It was a mandatory requirement that the first person to drive them everyday had to check the pressure on both sides.

Apart from cost, probably the best base vehicle for a DIY motorhome.

Attachments:

Alan Morris

When I was driving for the RAF, I had the pleasure of driving their Pinzgauer 6x6 ambulance.

image.png

The rear pair of wheels on each side's suspension was air suspension assisted.  It was a mandatory requirement that the first person to drive them everyday had to check the pressure on both sides.

Apart from cost, probably the best base vehicle for a DIY motorhome.

Neill King \(MH-List\)

Air Suspension.

Generally reliable with only occasional top-ups but like tyres can deflate. Many of our customers opt for a gauge kit of some kind to keep an eye on pressures but some are convinced that the most basic arrangement with a just couple of Schrader vales in the bumper is OK. Cheaper initially certainly - but if you don't check and drive off with minimal pressure in them you could find yourself needing replacement airbag assemblies at £150+ a pop! Has come as quite a shock to some.

I'm not aware of any need to be concerned about 'pressures' in safety airbags.

Best regards

Neill (Neill is deaf and doesn’t use the phone)
www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165
neill@motorcaravanning.co.uk motorcaravanning@gmail.com
A great on-line motorhome parts & accessory shop & reference