End of ADAC Plus Membership

Mick Potter

I received today the letter cancelling my ADAC Plus membership after the next renewal date, 1 Aug.  As we all know this is a great shame, as it was very good value.  As we don't go to Germany very often, it probably won't be worth our while renewing.

Has anyone come up with an alternative?  We have two cars, plus the 'van that we take to Europe once or twice a year for a couple of months, so a person-based rather than vehicle-based scheme would probably be better for us.

Any suggestions?

Bests,

Mick

Nigel Owen

We're in the same situation.

For our motorhome we've got recovery/breakdown as an add-on with the insurance (Saga).

For our cars (UK only) the cheapest I found with a person-based policy was with Green Flag though ring them up as you'll get a better price than what is shown on their website.

Nigel.

On 18/05/2020 17:49, Mick Potter wrote:
I received today the letter cancelling my ADAC Plus membership after the next renewal date, 1 Aug.  As we all know this is a great shame, as it was very good value.  As we don't go to Germany very often, it probably won't be worth our while renewing.

Has anyone come up with an alternative?  We have two cars, plus the 'van that we take to Europe once or twice a year for a couple of months, so a person-based rather than vehicle-based scheme would probably be better for us.

Any suggestions?

Bests,

Mick

David Scholes

Mine also arrived today. Must be the season for such things. They claim that the reason is because of the insurance part of the plus membership but I don’t even want that but just the breakdown bit which they are still offering but only for Germany.
Will try the CCC who do my insurance at the moment and see what they can offer.

David

On 18 May 2020, at 17:49, Mick Potter <mickpotter@...> wrote:

I received today the letter cancelling my ADAC Plus membership after the next renewal date, 1 Aug.  As we all know this is a great shame, as it was very good value.  As we don't go to Germany very often, it probably won't be worth our while renewing.

Has anyone come up with an alternative?  We have two cars, plus the 'van that we take to Europe once or twice a year for a couple of months, so a person-based rather than vehicle-based scheme would probably be better for us.

Any suggestions?

Bests,

Mick

Carol Weaver

Mick it isn’t worth it without a German address as I understood it as cover just isn’t of use to us - no cover in UK for example.

So upon renewal of mh insurance which is 2 days time I’ve added breakdown cover to our comfort policy.

Have to decide what to do about car side at end of our year

Carol

On Mon, 18 May 2020 at 17:49, Mick Potter <mickpotter@...> wrote:
I received today the letter cancelling my ADAC Plus membership after the next renewal date, 1 Aug.  As we all know this is a great shame, as it was very good value.  As we don't go to Germany very often, it probably won't be worth our while renewing.

Has anyone come up with an alternative?  We have two cars, plus the 'van that we take to Europe once or twice a year for a couple of months, so a person-based rather than vehicle-based scheme would probably be better for us.

Any suggestions?

Bests,

Mick

simon

Had my letter cancelling my plus membership,only renewed 10 days ago

Sent from my Huawei phone

I received today the letter cancelling my ADAC Plus membership after the next renewal date, 1 Aug.  As we all know this is a great shame, as it was very good value.  As we don't go to Germany very often, it probably won't be worth our while renewing.

Has anyone come up with an alternative?  We have two cars, plus the 'van that we take to Europe once or twice a year for a couple of months, so a person-based rather than vehicle-based scheme would probably be better for us.

Any suggestions?

Bests,

Mick

Carol Weaver

Mine only cancelled at renewal on ⅓/21. You sure yours is cancelled immediately. I’d ask for refund

Carol

On Mon, 18 May 2020 at 19:43, simon via groups.io <easygoing=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
Had my letter cancelling my plus membership,only renewed 10 days ago

Sent from my Huawei phone

I received today the letter cancelling my ADAC Plus membership after the next renewal date, 1 Aug.  As we all know this is a great shame, as it was very good value.  As we don't go to Germany very often, it probably won't be worth our while renewing.

Has anyone come up with an alternative?  We have two cars, plus the 'van that we take to Europe once or twice a year for a couple of months, so a person-based rather than vehicle-based scheme would probably be better for us.

Any suggestions?

Bests,

Mick

simon

This is a copy of a email I received today about my ADAC  membership.

Dear Mr. Adams, thank you for your message. Nicole Fischer Membership and Insurance Tel. (0 89) 76 76 66 32 Fax (0 89) 76 76 57 79 E-Mail: service2@... Member no. ----------  20.05.2020 / gks-FM01 We regret that there was no English speaking employee available on the phone. We will be happy to confirm the payment of your ADAC contribution: Product membership Yearly contribution 2020 € 99.00 If you still receive a payment request for your ADAC Plus membership, please consider this as irrelevant. If you have any questions, please contact us - we will be happy to advise you. Kind regards

Sent from my Huawei phone

I received today the letter cancelling my ADAC Plus membership after the next renewal date, 1 Aug.  As we all know this is a great shame, as it was very good value.  As we don't go to Germany very often, it probably won't be worth our while renewing.

Has anyone come up with an alternative?  We have two cars, plus the 'van that we take to Europe once or twice a year for a couple of months, so a person-based rather than vehicle-based scheme would probably be better for us.

Any suggestions?

Bests,

Mick

So do you have PLUS to 2021 renewal?

Carol

On Wed, 20 May 2020 at 14:43, simon via groups.io <easygoing=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

I keep mine until renewal at 01/02/21

Nigel

On 20/05/2020 14:46, Carol Weaver wrote:

[...]

I've also just had the recent letter, having had my normal renewal documents a few weeks ago.  My wife understands much German and it was clear from the renewal documents that cover for members with a UK address (and no extra address in Germany, from the recent letter) is terminating.

So why pay for a service that does not exist.

Sadly, all good things come to an end at some time.

I read mine via google that plus still goes to 2021 March when next renewal is. Have I misunderstood it?

Carol

On Wed, 20 May 2020 at 18:51, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
I've also just had the recent letter, having had my normal renewal documents a few weeks ago.  My wife understands much German and it was clear from the renewal documents that cover for members with a UK address (and no extra address in Germany, from the recent letter) is terminating.

So why pay for a service that does not exist.

Sadly, all good things come to an end at some time.

That’s how I understand mine.

On Wed, 20 May 2020 at 17:58, Nigel Owen <nigel@...> wrote:
[...]

I understood that my plus membership continued in theory only. None of the insurance benefits apply and it seems that they will only longer recover us except in Germany. The insurance part does not bother me but recovery only in Germany is of no interest to me.
I also now have a new problem. Every time I ring them either they don’t answer or the line goes dead or they don’t speak English. So I paid my subs by bank transfer and someone, probably a German bank, deducted about £8 from my payment. Now I have the original problem of how to pay them. The only way that seems to work is by means of fax but I can’t find anybody in this country that still has it. My bank, Halifax don’t, my local post office doesn’t nor does the local library so now I just don’t know. Most people, of course, are locked down which really messes things up. Perhaps I should just ignore it and let ADAC expel me.

David

On 20 May 2020, at 17:58, Nigel Owen <nigel@...> wrote:

[...]

David:

To pay you can email your credit card details to

beitrag.kreditkarte2@...

Don't expect any acknowledgement or reply though!

Nigel.

On 20/05/2020 19:36, David Scholes wrote:
[...]

Thank you very much Nigel. Last time I tried emailing they refused to accept it as they claimed it was not secure. I shall follow your advice.

David

On 20 May 2020, at 19:41, Nigel Owen <nigel@...> wrote:

[...]

John Clemence

A friend of mine told me the letter states that it is just the"Plus" cover that terminates. As I understand it, the basic level of cover remains. I think that the "Plus" includes cover for my wife in any vehicle as well as myself.
If this is correct I will keep my basic cover as my wife and I usually travel together while abroad - we have a limited cover with our bank account that should cover my wife in UK.
John.

I've also just had the recent letter, having had my normal renewal documents a few weeks ago.  My wife understands much German and it was clear from the renewal documents that cover for members with a UK address (and no extra address in Germany, from the recent letter) is terminating.

So why pay for a service that does not exist.

Sadly, all good things come to an end at some time.

Alan.

David Scholes

You are correct John. The letter states that the basic cover remains ie you get full recovery rights whilst in Germany. For me that is almost useless as I hardly ever go to Germany. If it is useful for you then good luck.

David

On 20 May 2020, at 20:22, John Clemence <clemence.john@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that comment David,
I am completely wrong then - I thought it meant that the basic cover included recovery from all of Europe but only if I am in the vehicle. I understood that the only advantage with the "Plus" membership was that my wife was also covered regardless of whether I was present or not.
If this is the case then the basic policy is not suitable for me because, like you, Germany is not a place I would normally visit..
Thanks again for pointing that out.
Regards,
John.

I've also just had the recent letter, having had my normal renewal documents a few weeks ago.  My wife understands much German and it was clear from the renewal documents that cover for members with a UK address (and no extra address in Germany, from the recent letter) is terminating.

So why pay for a service that does not exist.

Sadly, all good things come to an end at some time.

Alan.

John Clemence

Hi,
I just had occasion to call out ADAC for a breakdown, (flat battery). I took the opportunity to ask the ADAC telephonist if their cover was stopping when our current membership expires, (May for us). I was told that he is not aware of any changes in the pipeline and thinks cover will continue as usual after renewal.
Anyone any thoughts on this?
Regards,
John.

John Clemence