Favourite places or favourite tours.

Carol Weaver

We liked VaisonLa Romaine and Malucene and the drive between going up Mt. Ventoux

The route through the pyrenees to the Mediterranean, and absolutely fantastic ride and some great stops on the way. You do have to choose the time of year to do it, and even when you think you have got it right, your find the snow is still there, so you have to go around and continue, As best you can, and then we drove back the other way to get the bit of road we missed once the snow had gone.. We’ve done that twice.

Another route we did but didn’t complete last year, due to me ending up in hospital, was we left the tunnel and drove to Remagen On the Rhine And then branched off onto the Moselle and follow the route down to Trier.  We then drove across to Werburg And proceeded to drive down what is known as the Romantic Road. Wonderful places everywhere to stop with convenient Stellplatz . We then drove across to the east coast of Germany to begin the Alpenstrasse I got as far as bad thanks, which was when I collapsed.

I know the rest of that route is the best bit so our intention, it should be next week, was to return to bad thanks and complete the tour. As we know that is not going to happen possibly not this year Sadly.

But we will whenever it becomes possible.

But we have toured France for nearly 20 years virtually all over avoiding Paris.

Carol

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 20:54, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
So while we all have time available, how about sharing our 3 favourite places or tours?

I’ll let others start because I’m busy;-)

I loved following that trip. You still haven’t made your trip along North Africa. The uprisings sort of put paid to that I think

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 12:08, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:
Hard to choose 3, but I have to say one of our favourite countries has been Iran, we were there in 2014 on our long trip through Russia, Central Asia and down to Turkey.
This pic is of us with our old Merc 4x4 truck, our guide (on the right) and some of his friends.

PB120510.JPG

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 20:54, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
So while we all have time available, how about sharing our 3 favourite places or tours?

I’ll let others start because I’m busy;-)

Martin

Attachments:

Derek Sims

Worse than trying to do  your own Desert Island Discs!

I think some of our memorable moments (Good and not-so-good), came from our trip to Morocco, where we started out playing it extremely safe and ended up on the edge of the Sahara. We had by chance met up with Steve Robinson his wife (The Old Age Travellers), and their friends John & Pam Jennings from Kingsbridge, who were still motorhoming in Morocco into their eighties.

We were all parked up in a walled enclosure outside a restaurant, (Probably one of your recommendations, Andy!). At about 5pm we were all summoned to appear outside Pam & John's 'van. Somehow Pam had remembered it was Shrove Tuesday and had all the ingredients for pancake making, so we stood eating pancakes, washed down with red wine, as the sun set over the desert. Quite a surreal experience! I still have a jar of the sahara in our hi-fi cabinet, but the pancakes are all gone.

Thank goodness no more posts on the Cvirus. I was about to resign my list membership. i joined to talk and hear about motorhoming.

Stay sane

Derek