Ferry policy

Carol Weaver

I’ll bear that in mind. Should we ever get to use it this year ☹️

Cheers

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 20:17, Brent <brentiow.c@...> wrote:
Carol

I know exactly what you mean about the bus service - or lack of it

In the 50 odd years of living here I've only used buses about 3 times!!

And yes I've had bus pass for last 7 years!!

The only good thing is the bus stops are right outside the THS site and it doesn't take long to get anywhere!!

Very best wishes

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Brent

Carol

I know exactly what you mean about the bus service - or lack of it

In the 50 odd years of living here I've only used buses about 3 times!!

And yes I've had bus pass for last 7 years!!

The only good thing is the bus stops are right outside the THS site and it doesn't take long to get anywhere!!

Very best wishes

Carol Weaver

As I read on the phone I don’t see email addresses easily and rarely check. I’ve been here for about 30 years from its early day’s but not too many of originals left 😃

Never taken mh to either island. Have been nonetheless. Several times considered the IOW Summer THS but was put off the fact that the bus service over that side wasn’t great. Maybe one day

Carol

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 10:33, Brent <brentiow.c@...> wrote:
Hi Carol

And you too my dear

I usually just lurk as everyone so more experienced than us - you can't go far on an Island (sorry Trevor Isle of Wight - got me at it now LOL)

We usually try to "get away" couple of times a year but usually only to Leicester as (wife) Kim's dad is in a dementia home up there - yes he remarried a Leicester lass!!

Keep safe and best wishes ALL

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Brent

Hi Carol

And you too my dear

I usually just lurk as everyone so more experienced than us - you can't go far on an Island (sorry Trevor Isle of Wight - got me at it now LOL)

We usually try to "get away" couple of times a year but usually only to Leicester as (wife) Kim's dad is in a dementia home up there - yes he remarried a Leicester lass!!

Keep safe and best wishes ALL

Carol Weaver

Nice to meet you both 😄.

Carol

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 at 21:15, Trevor Mace <trevor@...> wrote:

Brent

Born in Norfolk - so I'm used to people with 12 toes.

Worked and taught in West London, Coventry, Hinkley, Amersham, Chorleywood.

Now retired in East Devon

Safe Travel, Trevor

On 25/03/2020 17:55, Brent wrote:
Trevor

Yes they are a "strange breed" over here :-) but I love her dearly

Ex: born in Bath (Somerset!!) then Bournemouth (well Christchurch actually, when it was Hampshire!!) and moved here on 19th birthday with parents

Some will give me my "passport" others say never!!

Where are you now - can PM me if you don't want public ;-)

Best wishes and stay safe

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Trevor Mace

[...]

Should have realised you would be 'Island Centric'. I married a 'Caulk Head' and she always refers to it as The Island - never the Isle of Wight!

Trevor

On 25/03/2020 16:06, Brent wrote:
Quite correct Trevor

Dog too old to go prancing around those foreign places!!!

She wants to see more of UK when travelling allowed :-)

Best wishes

Brent

Quite correct Trevor

Dog too old to go prancing around those foreign places!!!

She wants to see more of UK when travelling allowed :-)

Best wishes

Carol Weaver

If so I’m sorry but please we explicit it will save me getting upset.
Apologies

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 at 22:29, Trevor Mace <trevor@...> wrote:

Brent,

I have just deduced, from your email address, that you were on the Isle of Wight ferry!

I thought you were describing a journey from Dover to Calais.

Trevor

On 24/03/2020 22:04, Brent wrote:
Hi ALL Had a bit of strange experience on Monday. Arrived at ferry port couple of hours before our "booked" ferry but they let us board the next ferry (for which we were very grateful). So there we are sitting in m/h - normally have to leave vehicle - chugging along quite happily and have docked at our destination. Started vehicle ready to leave when one of the ferry staff beckons to open window, where have you come from and where are you going/live? - we live here mate, seeing you are in m/h have you just come from abroad? only if you count England as being abroad!!, where you questioned when reaching booking in station? no mate he just asked for our booking details!!

Just couldn't get my head round it as by the time he was asking the questions it would have been too late - but to be honest we were in m/h and didn't leave and only spoke to the very cold staff who were just wandering up and down the deck to keep warm

Strange old world

[...]

Sorry but do I understand this. You were going AWAY to EUROPE!  Everything is closed, aires, campsites and you need paper to travel anywhere in France - they’re just trying to get everyone home!

Carol