New topic Site closures

Peter S

No flack I hope!

Peter S

On 25/03/2020 16:01:33, Brent <brentiow.c@...> wrote:

Hi Carol

Ok. I thought you hadn’t heard they were closing. Would have been polite
Sorry not being rude but read the first line of post

Which site were you on?
Would rather not say as I don't want any flack or problems for the wardens (as they let us stay and didn't "kick us off" as soon as we received email)

I contacted my MP as we only have one Hospital in Cornwall and it’s full to capacity before all this started
Again sorry Carol not being rude but: this was the "excuse" the site warden was giving as there was only one hospital for a large area up the road, so I said to him, has your hospital been rebuilt or plans to do so? No I don't think so, when I asked how are they were going to cope then with all these new builds going on around this area he walked away!!!

Have been annoyed about people thinking it is a time for a holiday. Stay at home for your sake and mine and everyone else’s
Again not being rude but this "holiday" of ours was before all the crisis "kicked in" and to be perfectly honest we had less contact with humanoids during this period than if we'd been home.
We provide a vital service repairing, testing and maintaining mobility equipment to our local schools, college and a lot of care homes so still have to work. Although I'm 73 in July I have seen my dentists more times in the last 20+ years than a doctor (don't even know the name of doctor I'm registered with) as I've not had my own teeth since my mid 20's. State and attitude of a lot of these care homes I'm more likely to contract something from them than the other way round!!!
I consider my/ourselves to be very responsible people and certainly wouldn't put ourselves or anyone else in danger to the extent we will only do "private" repairs if equipment is broken/not working and we are not hiring equipment until this is over.

Sorry if this upsets you or anyone else
Not at all Carol - you are welcome to your views just as I am - but please read fully posts before getting yourself upset or in a tiswas :-)

Now I'll wait for the flack

Best wishes and stay healthy and safe all

Brent

[...]

Carol Weaver

Ok. I thought you hadn’t heard they were closing. Would have been polite

Which site were you on?

I live in Cornwall and the rush of caravans and Motorhomes that we’re coming down here over last few weeks has upset a lot of us. I contacted my MP as we only have one Hospital in Cornwall and it’s full to capacity before all this started

Have been annoyed about people thinking it is a time for a holiday. Stay at home for your sake and mine and everyone else’s

Sorry if this upsets you or anyone else

We have too many people here with compromised health - me being one!!!

Carol

Sorry Peter. Delete this if you feel it’s wrong of me to explain

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 at 22:12, Brent <brentiow.c@...> wrote:
Hi Carol

If you are replying to me: Didn’t you get one or follow the news?

Yes we did receive the email but nothing from the wardens on site and two m/h's arriving and setting up after we received the email!!! We also "left" behind about 8 units on site that didn't move by 1pm when ALL vehicles should have left by 12

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Brent

Hi Carol

If you are replying to me: Didn’t you get one or follow the news?

Yes we did receive the email but nothing from the wardens on site and two m/h's arriving and setting up after we received the email!!! We also "left" behind about 8 units on site that didn't move by 1pm when ALL vehicles should have left by 12

Carol Weaver

They sent me email saying all sites and CS were closing with immediate effect due to Government rules. No UNNECESSARY journeys.   So all campsites must close everywhere

Didn’t you get one or follow the news?

Carol

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 at 21:50, Brent <brentiow.c@...> wrote:
Hi ALL What are CCC playing at? We were at site Sunday on south coast when we got email to inform us all sites to close with immediate effect. Van next to us (booked for another 10 days) decided to pack and go as had long journey home but also informed us when he got home he wouldn't be able to put van in his storage as it was closed and he lived in block of 20 flats with no parking for m/h. No warden came to explain what was happening so we stayed as were off on Monday anyway. So as we are packing up this m/h with tow car attached pulled in and starts setting up on pitch, not meant to be able to arrive/pitch before 1pm and this was about 11am!!!! This also happened on the Sunday but was informed they were security.
When we left couple of mins before 12 there were probably about 8 units still on site and we parked "up road" for an hour and nobody came out of site

So are CCC having a "rule for one but not all"?

Best wishes and happy isolating

[...]

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 at 10:02, Peter S <peter@...> wrote:
I went back into the list to check that the erroneous posts had been deleted but I could still see them.

In the circumstances I have deleted the whole of that topic and that appears to have worked.

I have started this new topic if people want to comment on site closures.

Please do not accept as gospel any health information you receive over any social media even if from a trusted source or if it seems plausible. If you need advice please look the NHS website, contact 111 on the phone or your GP.

Thanks.

Peter S
Moderator.