Topics

Where should we go for the weekend?

Bennett Family

Sandytrax

Well that looks like home to me. And that’s where everyone should STAY!

What part of STAY AT HOME do people not understand?

I had to postpone my trip around Greece and flew back to Bristol from Athens yesterday.
I’ve left my van at Athens airport until who knows when.

Everything in Greece is closed or closing.
So it should be here.

Wake up folks!
This IS a crisis!
And it WILL get worse.

Enjoy staying at home
Regards
Brian

Andy Clarke

I think the advice to stay at home is to avoid unnecessary contact with others, personally I don't see a problem with going away in the camper for a few days as long as we're completely self sufficient and don't have contact with anyone else. We keep our van stocked with a couple of days worth of essentials anyway, the fuel and LPG tanks are full, we don't generally use campsites so we'd be as isolated as we would be at home.

Andy

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 17:17, Sandytrax <brianinspain12@...> wrote:
Well that looks like home to me. And that’s where everyone should STAY!

What part of STAY AT HOME do people not understand?

I had to postpone my trip around Greece and flew back to Bristol from Athens yesterday.
I’ve left my van at Athens airport until who knows when.

Everything in Greece is closed or closing.
So it should be here.

Wake up folks!
This IS a crisis!
And it WILL get worse.

Enjoy staying at home
Regards
Brian

Carol Weaver

I disagree but it is your decision. Several nurses and a doctor on Facebook have put messages asking people to stay home

One was a Motorhome owner who said yes it’s a temptation to go away and isolate but don’t. He works in Wales and explained that hospitals are built to cope with the numbers that live there. Not holiday makers - which is why here in Cornwall we are telling 2nd home owners and visitors to hotels to NOT COME

Please listen. Here we have had so many houses built our doctors cannot cope now

Stay home

Carol

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 17:36, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:
[...]

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Bennett Family

Sounds sensible to me. Only potential problem is if the driver is infected & too ill to drive so really need 2 drivers and I’d opt for staying within 4 or 5 hours drive of home.

Martin

On 20 Mar 2020, at 17:36, Andy Clarke via Groups.Io <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:

[...]

Jesus, you guys don’t get it!

Stay Home!

No contact with others in a motorhome? Fuel, waste, water etc.etc.

Stay home!

Lots of acrimonious moments on FB and I don’t want to add to those.

Just stay home, your Mum and Dad or someone else’s is at risk!

In Greece they have far less cases than here, but they have closed all bars, restaurants, hotels, campsites etc.
Why not here?

Surely you can paint the house or something?

Best wishes
Brian

On 20 Mar 2020, at 17:47, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:

[...]

Ernest Bull

On 20 Mar 2020, at 17:36, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:

we don't generally use campsites so we'd be as isolated as we would be at home.

Even more so, I would say.
_________

ErnB

Sandytrax

Thank goodness the Government has FINALLY seen sense and will close pubs and restaurants. Too late!
Motorhome freedom - who gives a flying F about anyone else.
Might as well empty your sh1t anywhere
Such a poor show and no example or regard for anyone else.
Shame
Brian

timsinc Sinclair

Very easy advice from the couch. If you already happen to be far awide
from home?

That's me, Campervan Tim

<mailto:brianinspain12@...>> wrote:
Well that looks like home to me. And that’s where everyone should STAY!

What part of STAY AT HOME do people not understand?

I had to postpone my trip around Greece and flew back to Bristol from
Athens yesterday.
I’ve left my van at Athens airport until who knows when.

Everything in Greece is closed or closing.
So it should be here.

Wake up folks!
This IS a crisis!
And it WILL get worse.

Enjoy staying at home
Regards
Brian

Sandytrax

I think the action required is the same:
If your van is your home- stay at home
If your van is not your home - stay at home

Protect yourself and others

Cheers!
Brian

wrote:

[...]

Just to clarify - the picture of the plan of a house was intended as a joke, implying the decision would be around which room we might inhabit - although we could opt for a weekend in the MH which’s parked on our drive. We might even tour to the top of our lawn towing the car (another humorous comment).

Martin

<andyclarke1050@...> wrote:

[...]

Mick Potter

I agree with Andy, going away in the 'van involves no more contact with anyone else than staying at home. And it's contact that is important, not staying in one place.

We had planned to go to Spain for Semana Santa, but that's obviously not on: maybe we'll go to the West Country, or Suffolk, or Scotland for a week or two. We're self - contained, so no danger to us or anyone else.

Think about why you're doing things and use some common sense; don't just repeat politicians' slogans.

Mick

Carol Weaver

Still disagree. This is from MP Steve Double MP for St Austell and Newquay and Cornwall Council

Please read. Stay home is what we ask you  it applies to all places

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 23:04, Mick Potter <mickpotter@...> wrote:
I agree with Andy, going away in the 'van involves no more contact with anyone else than staying at home. And it's contact that is important, not staying in one place.

We had planned to go to Spain for Semana Santa, but that's obviously not on: maybe we'll go to the West Country, or Suffolk, or Scotland for a week or two. We're self - contained, so no danger to us or anyone else.

Think about why you're doing things and use some common sense; don't just repeat politicians' slogans.

Mick

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Nick

I cannot see how staying in the van and not meeting others can have an effect on anyone. I also will be going out on my motorbike for a spin now and again without coming into contact with people. I can do both of these and not feel as though I am infecting or getting infected. Try doing your weekly shop and not get close to folk.

Nick.

Trevor Mace

Mick,

We live in Devon and much we would love to see you in normal times, not at present, thank you.  If you get sick whilst you are here you will place an extra burden on our system. Stay at home.

I am 75 and suffer from Asthma attacks - my nearest hospital is 26 miles away.

We planned to be on the NC500 next month. We will stay at home.

Trevor

On 20/03/2020 23:03, Mick Potter wrote:
I agree with Andy, going away in the 'van involves no more contact with anyone else than staying at home. And it's contact that is important, not staying in one place.

We had planned to go to Spain for Semana Santa, but that's obviously not on: maybe we'll go to the West Country, or Suffolk, or Scotland for a week or two. We're self - contained, so no danger to us or anyone else.

Think about why you're doing things and use some common sense; don't just repeat politicians' slogans.

Mick

Derek Sims

The solution to these concerns could be quite simple: Advice from the NHS in holiday areas: "If you get Corvid 19 symptoms here, but are not resident in the area,  you will not be treated here and will have to return home for treatment". That might focus a few minds.

Derek

Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 10:18 AM
From: "Trevor Mace" <trevor@...>
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Where should we go for the weekend?

[...]

Fine advice for those that have got a home .....other than their van.
Still I guess that's few of you. Dilemma for me and two other vans
pitched here thousands of miles away from panic shoppers of the UK.

Suppose the old slogan Keep Calm and Carry on no longer applies.

Tim

Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 10:18 AM
From: "Trevor Mace" <trevor@...>
To: motorhome-list@groups.io

[...]

My comments were not directed at those trapped away from home. I have been following their experiences on the 'Fun' forum and I am very sympathetic to their plight. My hope was to dissuade people at home thinking of spreading out to quieter parts of the UK.

Trevor

On 21/03/2020 10:55, timsinc Sinclair wrote:
Fine advice for those that have got a home .....other than their van.
Still I guess that's few of you. Dilemma for me and two other vans
pitched here thousands of miles away from panic shoppers of the UK.

Carol Weaver

Tim. I suppose you could rent somewhere with a drive for six months

Carol

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 at 10:55, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
Fine advice for those that have got a home .....other than their van.
Still I guess that's few of you. Dilemma for me and two other vans
pitched here thousands of miles away from panic shoppers of the UK.

Suppose the old slogan Keep Calm and Carry on no longer applies.

Tim

On 21/03/2020, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:
> The solution to these concerns could be quite simple: Advice from the NHS in
> holiday areas: "If you get Corvid 19 symptoms here, but are not resident in
> the area,  you will not be treated here and will have to return home for
> treatment". That might focus a few minds.
>
> Derek
>

> Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 10:18 AM
> From: "Trevor Mace" <trevor@...>
> To: motorhome-list@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Where should we go for the weekend?
>
> Mick,
>
> We live in Devon and much we would love to see you in normal times, not at
> present, thank you.  If you get sick whilst you are here you will place an
> extra burden on our system. Stay at home.
>
> I am 75 and suffer from Asthma attacks - my nearest hospital is 26 miles
> away.
>
> We planned to be on the NC500 next month. We will stay at home.
>
> Trevor
>
> On 20/03/2020 23:03, Mick Potter wrote:
>>
>> I agree with Andy, going away in the 'van involves no more contact with
>> anyone else than staying at home. And it's contact that is important, not
>> staying in one place.
>>
>> We had planned to go to Spain for Semana Santa, but that's obviously not
>> on: maybe we'll go to the West Country, or Suffolk, or Scotland for a week
>> or two. We're self - contained, so no danger to us or anyone else.
>>
>> Think about why you're doing things and use some common sense; don't just
>> repeat politicians' slogans.
>>
>> Mick

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Richard

I still have a sense of humour, thanks Martin
Richard

wrote:

[...]

Attachments:

* image0.jpeg <https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101001/0>