Topics

Use of your MH for self-isolation?

Bennett Family
 

It seems a reasonable option - you can at least drive somewhere for a different view!

Some useful advice from Australia about quarantine / self-isolation. Worth a read. 


https://www.gps-can.com.au/covid19-basics/a-guide

Martin

Carol Weaver
 

Thank you. Martin. 

Well here’s hoping we will all be ok

We were wondering if we will get away after Easter and had been awaiting test results first before booking. Still awaiting those but it is beginning to look unlikely the way things are going everywhere, here and in Europe. 

Keep safe please wherever you all are

Carol 

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 08:08, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
It seems a reasonable option - you can at least drive somewhere for a different view!

Some useful advice from Australia about quarantine / self-isolation. Worth a read. 


https://www.gps-can.com.au/covid19-basics/a-guide

Martin

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Bennett Family
 

Carol,

There are plenty of places you can go in the UK and you are pretty isolated in a van - so probably safer than staying at home. 

Hope the test results are ok. 

Martin


On 13 Mar 2020, at 08:27, Carol Weaver via Groups.Io <corconx@...> wrote:


Thank you. Martin. 

Well here’s hoping we will all be ok

We were wondering if we will get away after Easter and had been awaiting test results first before booking. Still awaiting those but it is beginning to look unlikely the way things are going everywhere, here and in Europe. 

Keep safe please wherever you all are

Carol 

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 08:08, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
It seems a reasonable option - you can at least drive somewhere for a different view!

Some useful advice from Australia about quarantine / self-isolation. Worth a read. 


https://www.gps-can.com.au/covid19-basics/a-guide

Martin

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

timsinc Sinclair
 

Ah, but you've still got to fill with water - touching a common tap
somewhere. 14 days a long time to be fully provisioned (certainly for
me in small camper). Do Tesco deliver to m-homes?

Campervan Tim, washing hands, taking care and each day as it comes,
inland, warm eastern Spain.

On 13/03/2020, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
It seems a reasonable option - you can at least drive somewhere for a
different view!

Some useful advice from Australia about quarantine / self-isolation. Worth a
read.

https://www.gps-can.com.au/covid19-basics/a-guide

Martin



--

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*

Carol Weaver
 

True.  But at present wIt and see.  Hope all your staff and yourself and families manage to keep well

Yesterday in my butchers we were talking about it - he pointed out the worse thing for them was money. Handling a note at the time. I said don’t they use cards.  I always do. Apparently most is done by cash in St Columb!  

Hadn’t thought about cash as a problem 

Carol 

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 08:37, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
Carol,

There are plenty of places you can go in the UK and you are pretty isolated in a van - so probably safer than staying at home. 

Hope the test results are ok. 

Martin


On 13 Mar 2020, at 08:27, Carol Weaver via Groups.Io <corconx=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:


Thank you. Martin. 

Well here’s hoping we will all be ok

We were wondering if we will get away after Easter and had been awaiting test results first before booking. Still awaiting those but it is beginning to look unlikely the way things are going everywhere, here and in Europe. 

Keep safe please wherever you all are

Carol 

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 08:08, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
It seems a reasonable option - you can at least drive somewhere for a different view!

Some useful advice from Australia about quarantine / self-isolation. Worth a read. 


https://www.gps-can.com.au/covid19-basics/a-guide

Martin

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Carol Weaver
 

Somehow probably not in Spain! 😄. But they do to campsites I believe.  

C

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 09:00, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
Ah, but you've still got to fill with water - touching a common tap
somewhere. 14 days a long time to be fully provisioned (certainly for
me in small camper). Do Tesco deliver to m-homes?

Campervan Tim, washing hands, taking care and each day as it comes,
inland, warm eastern Spain.

On 13/03/2020, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
> It seems a reasonable option - you can at least drive somewhere for a
> different view!
>
> Some useful advice from Australia about quarantine / self-isolation. Worth a
> read.
>
> https://www.gps-can.com.au/covid19-basics/a-guide
>
> Martin
>
>
>
>


--

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*



--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Bennett Family
 

Do Tesco deliver to m-homes?
They do to campsites in Cornwall but doubt if they drive as far as Spain;-)

Use gloves for taps & fuel pumps.

Use the large supermarkets but keep well away from others.
On 13 Mar 2020, at 09:00, timsinc Sinclair via Groups.Io <timsinc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Do Tesco deliver to m-homes?

Ernest Bull
 

On 13 Mar 2020, at 08:08, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:

Some useful advice from Australia about quarantine / self-isolation. Worth a read. 

Margaret and I are well into the vulnerable age group. We are discouraging visitors and go out as little as possible. I do most of the shopping (Margaret’s second knee joint is good, but she has nerve damage and  suffers severe pain from hip to toes.), so I monitor my temperature and we have separate towels. When out, we wear surgical gloves and try and distance ourselves from people. The hardest thing to do is to avoid touching our faces.

We wipe our phones and my laptop regularly with anti-bacterial wipes and although touch screens are immune from normal leather gloves, I find they work well with the latex and polythene types.

Although many advocate keeping kids off school, I fear that it will achieve little. I have observed several groups of pupils recently and under supervision or not, they are constantly in very close contact. Especially when on line when they pass their phones and tablets around and they all scrabbling to touch the screens. 
________

ErnB

Nick
 

How far do folk want to go to stop themselves catching the dreaded bug? I'm getting close to the vulnerable age group and to be honest I/we have changed very little with our life style. I still go out on a regular basis mixing with other people. We still go shopping without wearing gloves etc. If meeting someone I still shake them by the hand. I do volunteer work some nights in a homeless shelter and sometimes the "guests " look as though they could do with a good shower etc, but they are treated no different than anyone else. Maybe it would be better, as I've read somewhere, that it would be best if we all caught the virus and build up our immune system. I don't know. As with any illness there is going to be casualties. 
 Well that's my two bobs worth.
Nick.

Bennett Family
 

> Although many advocate keeping kids off school, I fear that it will achieve little. I have observed several groups of pupils recently and under supervision or not, they are constantly in very close contact. Especially when on line when they pass their phones and tablets around and they all scrabbling to touch the screens. 

And most of the younger kids off school seem to be looked after by their grandparents, manu of whom will be in the “at risk” group. 

Martin


On 13 Mar 2020, at 09:16, Ernest Bull via Groups.Io <ernb32@...> wrote:

 On 13 Mar 2020, at 08:08, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:

Some useful advice from Australia about quarantine / self-isolation. Worth a read. 

Margaret and I are well into the vulnerable age group. We are discouraging visitors and go out as little as possible. I do most of the shopping (Margaret’s second knee joint is good, but she has nerve damage and  suffers severe pain from hip to toes.), so I monitor my temperature and we have separate towels. When out, we wear surgical gloves and try and distance ourselves from people. The hardest thing to do is to avoid touching our faces.

We wipe our phones and my laptop regularly with anti-bacterial wipes and although touch screens are immune from normal leather gloves, I find they work well with the latex and polythene types.

Although many advocate keeping kids off school, I fear that it will achieve little. I have observed several groups of pupils recently and under supervision or not, they are constantly in very close contact. Especially when on line when they pass their phones and tablets around and they all scrabbling to touch the screens. 
________

ErnB

Carol Weaver
 

I agree but mAny of us are vulnerable so have to be extra careful. 

I got a call this morning and have got to go in for a pacemaker tomorrow. All a rush as apparently my 7 day heart monitor showed lots of 10 sec breaks.  And they phoned the cardiologist at 2140 last night to inform them

We avoided booking our trip via tunnel in January as was awaiting cardiologist appointment. Then waited another 6 weeks for monitor and now this. 

So we will wait now to see how this pandemic goes. 

Carol

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 11:28, Nick <nickoff2@...> wrote:
How far do folk want to go to stop themselves catching the dreaded bug? I'm getting close to the vulnerable age group and to be honest I/we have changed very little with our life style. I still go out on a regular basis mixing with other people. We still go shopping without wearing gloves etc. If meeting someone I still shake them by the hand. I do volunteer work some nights in a homeless shelter and sometimes the "guests " look as though they could do with a good shower etc, but they are treated no different than anyone else. Maybe it would be better, as I've read somewhere, that it would be best if we all caught the virus and build up our immune system. I don't know. As with any illness there is going to be casualties. 
 Well that's my two bobs worth.
Nick.

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Bennett Family
 

Carol,

 

Hope it all goes well.

 

My father had one fitted after a number of problems and he it solved the problem all together – just visits to check the battery.

 

Martin

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


From: motorhome-list@groups.io <motorhome-list@groups.io> on behalf of Carol Weaver via Groups.Io <corconx@...>
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2020 5:15:06 PM
To: motorhome-list@groups.io <motorhome-list@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Use of your MH for self-isolation?
 
I agree but mAny of us are vulnerable so have to be extra careful. 

I got a call this morning and have got to go in for a pacemaker tomorrow. All a rush as apparently my 7 day heart monitor showed lots of 10 sec breaks.  And they phoned the cardiologist at 2140 last night to inform them

We avoided booking our trip via tunnel in January as was awaiting cardiologist appointment. Then waited another 6 weeks for monitor and now this. 

So we will wait now to see how this pandemic goes. 

Carol

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 11:28, Nick <nickoff2@...> wrote:
How far do folk want to go to stop themselves catching the dreaded bug? I'm getting close to the vulnerable age group and to be honest I/we have changed very little with our life style. I still go out on a regular basis mixing with other people. We still go shopping without wearing gloves etc. If meeting someone I still shake them by the hand. I do volunteer work some nights in a homeless shelter and sometimes the "guests " look as though they could do with a good shower etc, but they are treated no different than anyone else. Maybe it would be better, as I've read somewhere, that it would be best if we all caught the virus and build up our immune system. I don't know. As with any illness there is going to be casualties. 
 Well that's my two bobs worth.
Nick.

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

Carol Weaver
 

Thanks yes. Our friend in Germany who we saw just before I collapsed for this reason. She’d had one and was she much better. So I am heartened by that too

Carol

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 17:18, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:

Carol,

 

Hope it all goes well.

 

My father had one fitted after a number of problems and he it solved the problem all together – just visits to check the battery.

 

Martin

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


From: motorhome-list@groups.io <motorhome-list@groups.io> on behalf of Carol Weaver via Groups.Io <corconx=gmail.com@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2020 5:15:06 PM
To: motorhome-list@groups.io <motorhome-list@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Use of your MH for self-isolation?
 
I agree but mAny of us are vulnerable so have to be extra careful. 

I got a call this morning and have got to go in for a pacemaker tomorrow. All a rush as apparently my 7 day heart monitor showed lots of 10 sec breaks.  And they phoned the cardiologist at 2140 last night to inform them

We avoided booking our trip via tunnel in January as was awaiting cardiologist appointment. Then waited another 6 weeks for monitor and now this. 

So we will wait now to see how this pandemic goes. 

Carol

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 11:28, Nick <nickoff2@...> wrote:
How far do folk want to go to stop themselves catching the dreaded bug? I'm getting close to the vulnerable age group and to be honest I/we have changed very little with our life style. I still go out on a regular basis mixing with other people. We still go shopping without wearing gloves etc. If meeting someone I still shake them by the hand. I do volunteer work some nights in a homeless shelter and sometimes the "guests " look as though they could do with a good shower etc, but they are treated no different than anyone else. Maybe it would be better, as I've read somewhere, that it would be best if we all caught the virus and build up our immune system. I don't know. As with any illness there is going to be casualties. 
 Well that's my two bobs worth.
Nick.

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please