From espionage fears ...

timsinc Sinclair

I'd say fear not, 'Carok'! Usual media scare. At present, all Huawei
domestic-use kit is perfectly ok. Probably future ones too. I
certainly shall not be giving up on the mifi in my camper. A reliable,
vital life-line keeping in touch with the world, local and wider.

TimS

On 14/06/2019, Carol Weaver <corconx@gmail.com> wrote:
Someone asked about HUAWEI. Here’s some news

Carok

From espionage fears to delayed phones: How Huawei's world is unravelling
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/06/14/espionage-fears-delayed-phones-huaweis-world-unravelling/?WT.mc_id=tmgliveapp_iosshare_AspQN1RC2jhs
From espionage fears to delayed phones: How Huawei's world is unravelling

jtwebb1

As you probably know, GCHQ insisted that HUAWEI have all their products evaluated and that they pay for the evaluation facility. If you are really concerned I suggest you read the latest annual report, not very flattering. In addition, there is always the concern that updates sneak something nasty in and the update is not analysed.