Topics

INSURANCE for over 70’s for 60 days

Carol Weaver

Trying to sort out travel insurance

Have bought CCC travel insurance for last three years. Cost £102 pp travel plus medical for me £9.70 and Duncan £11.92

Now nothing’s changed at all no pills nothing. No visits to hospitals

I am diabetic with insulin and high blood pressure

Duncan had a stent privately in May 99 as he was due to return to Nigeria in the Delta with no medical facilities close except by boat or helicopter. He had just one angina attack but no other problems. This was on advice of Consultant as he didn’t want to be responsible sending him there.  Since then Duncan has never used a puffer and walks at least a mile on our treadmill for 5 days a week   He only takes an aspirin and a simvastin suggested at that time as precautionary

Now none of the rest changed except today his medical cost came out as £211.92!!!

Why?  I asked her to check it out. She said it was all ok

I’m just lost for words

Who else do you use

I realise we all gave different medical problems

But 20 years without ANY change should drop not increase!!

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommended

Alan Morris

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 at 21:47, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

Trying to sort out travel insurance

Have bought CCC travel insurance for last three years. Cost £102 pp travel plus medical for me £9.70 and Duncan £11.92

Now nothing’s changed at all no pills nothing. No visits to hospitals
I would suggest looking here Carol for a few quotes:-
<https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel-insurance/>

For many years I stayed with NFU for all house/home and car/motorhome
insurance. Just over 3 years ago, I started to look elsewhere and
have saved many hundreds of pounds since by changing insurer at most
renewals, unless the increase was minimal. i.e. the extra effort was
not worth a small saving.

Our France Passion arrived yesterday and our European travel plans are
on hold until the brexit mess is resolved for the next few months.

Apart from the ADAC insurance and the European Health Insurance Card,
we don't use health travel insurance.

Thanks Alan. We too have ADAC but whether EHIC is any use soon will be debatable

We decided to go to Scotland via Chester, Liverpool , Bamburgh York and NORWICH!!  The latter was the one bit oh the UK we didn’t finish as Duncan got called back to Nigeria urgently.  So it’s a good time to do it. We did Scotland two years ago but his ex boss is 87 and now has start of altzhemiers.  So thought we should go again. Their only daughter had died at 38 and we’ve always kept in touch and seen them often

We’re booked end August for 8 weeks as usual

Carol

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 at 22:33, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 at 21:47, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

> Trying to sort out travel insurance
>
> Have bought CCC travel insurance for last three years. Cost £102 pp travel plus medical for me £9.70 and Duncan £11.92
>
> Now nothing’s changed at all no pills nothing. No visits to hospitals

I would suggest looking here Carol for a few quotes:-
<https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel-insurance/>

For many years I stayed with NFU for all house/home and car/motorhome
insurance.  Just over 3 years ago, I started to look elsewhere and
have saved many hundreds of pounds since by changing insurer at most
renewals, unless the increase was minimal.  i.e. the extra effort was
not worth a small saving.

Our France Passion arrived yesterday and our European travel plans are
on hold until the brexit mess is resolved for the next few months.

Apart from the ADAC insurance and the European Health Insurance Card,
we don't use health travel insurance.

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommended

Phil

Unfortunately you are healthy and doing a good job of being responsible and trying to stay that way.

You need to

1 Drink excessively

2 Smoke 50 a day

3 Be chronically obese

And most important - NEVER visit a doctor

Then you get cheap travel insurance !

But the rest of us pay increased premiums.

And don’t get me into motor insurance after being hit by an uninsured driver who was never prosecuted !

So I will cancel the vehicle insurance, go on an eating and drinking binge with all the money I have saved and travel cheap.

Phil

David

MSE is a good shout below. For info, we seem to circulate around Nationwide + additional premiums, Staysure and LV. For the past 3 years, LV have been the "winners" in terms of cost v cover

Carol Weaver

Thanks David

Staysure were no good due to length of trips allowed

We left Nationwide but at that time their extra cost for medical plus extra length of trip to 60 days was more than CCC.

However I’ve just tried LV - thank you , one I had overlooked. And although more expensive it is at least a more sensible price

What really annoys me Duncan had his stent 20 years ago and never had a problem since. It was only done as a belt and braces (Consultant’s words) and we had BUPA!!  So paid.  It was only done because at that time Duncan worked down in the Delta in Nigeria and there were no medical facilities anywhere near except by boat or helicopter !

Medical screening is a stupid way to do it. It never asks how long ago just EVER!!

Rant over !!😄😄

Carol

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 04:37, David <david.saltydawg@...> wrote:
MSE is a good shout below. For info, we seem to circulate around Nationwide + additional premiums, Staysure and LV. For the past 3 years, LV have been the "winners" in terms of cost v cover

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommended

Nigel Owen

Carol:

May also be worthwhile getting a quote from

https://www.travelinsurance4medical.co.uk/

We switched to them from Staysure a couple of years ago as they were cheaper.

Nigel.

On 18/03/2019 09:08, Carol Weaver wrote:
[...]

Cheers Nigel. I’ll have a look.

Found with Duncan going to be 76 is yet another problem to add.

Carol