Topics

[MH-list] Digest Number 9617

Dave Wheatcroft <penstrassoe@...>

Carol, I think you’re in Cornwall – if you or any other members of the list want to try the bike, I’m in Truro, just message me.
Dave

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 12:44:44 AM
To: motorhome-list@...
Subject: [MH-list] Digest Number 9617

[Yahoo! Groups] <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=X3oDMTJkOGtibHQ4BF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxNTExNzQzNDg0>
Motorhome List Group <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJka200ZGh2BF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BHNlYwNoZHIEc2xrA2hwaARzdGltZQMxNTExNzQzNDgz>
9 Messages
Digest #9617
Re: Digest Number 9616 by "Dave Wheatcroft" penstrassoe
Re: Digest Number 9616 by "Carol Weaver" corconx
Re: Electric bike advice sought by "Ernest Bull"
Re: Electric bike advice sought by "David Scholes" scholesd
Re: Electric bike advice sought by "Carol Weaver" corconx
Re: Electric bike advice sought by "Martin Bennett" hymermobil
Re: Main supply on CMC sites by "Reg" green_rover2002
Re: Main supply on CMC sites by "Martin Bennett" hymermobil
Re: Main supply on CMC sites by "Reg" green_rover2002

Re: Digest Number 9616 <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/topics/135437;_ylc=X3oDMTJzZHNmb2U0BF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzNwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxNTExNzQzNDg0>
Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:15 am . Posted by:
"Dave Wheatcroft" penstrassoe <mailto:penstrassoe@...?subject=Re%3A%20Digest%20Number%209616>
I swapped my big, 26in Tonaro for a 20in folding bike from Halfords, a Carrera Crosscity. Although I miss the suspension at times I do not regret the change. It’s light, looks more like a standard bike and packs away in no time. Also, at £550 it was less than half the price of my old bike, though I just checked and it’s now £650 – still well worth it.
Dave

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2017 12:56:25 AM
Subject: [MH-list] Digest Number 9616

[Yahoo! Groups] <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=X3oDMTJkc3J1dTllBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1>
Motorhome List Group <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJkMnVscDlzBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BHNlYwNoZHIEc2xrA2hwaARzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1>
4 Messages
Digest #9616
Re: Electric bike advice sought by "David Scholes" scholesd
Re: Electric bike advice sought by "John young" john2younguk
Re: Electric bike advice sought by "Martin Bennett" hymermobil
Fwd: [MH-list] Electric bike advice sought by "Carol Weaver" corconx

Re: Electric bike advice sought <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/topics/135433;_ylc=X3oDMTJzNDRzZmsxBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzMwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1>
Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:52 pm . Posted by:
"David Scholes" scholesd <mailto:scholesd@...?subject=Re%3A%20Electric%20bike%20advice%20sought>
Mine is the Santana CD I think but the range has changed a bit so mine isn’t there any more but they had a big one and a smaller one when I bought so I took the big one. The big bear was just as god except that it has a wheel motor and mine is chain drive.

Since then I would buy the Dutch frame (ladies bike) because I am getting too old to swing my leg over when I have my toilet cassette strapped on the back.

The gears were rubbish. They bent and no longer changed properly probably as a result of my leaning the bike against so many trees. Do I have had a wheel back wheel made with an alfine gear in it. It has one extra lower gear in it compared with the derailleur and it is absolutely superb. Before I could only get up to my house on the second road (1 in 6). Now I can get up the direct route(1 in 4 and a big piece of 1 in 5).

The stand is also rubbish but that is unimportant. I have also put a proper Bell on it because I need it in Spain where joggers and dog walkers and pray pushers also use the superb cycle paths and they all seem to be deaf.

I went down to Southend in the mh to look at one (from Saddleworth) and parked overnight in the corner of the Waitrose car park. Woosh lent me a demo bike to try so I rode a long way looking for a decent hill. The best I found was well down the river front where there was a park like area with a steep bank which was very easy for the bike. The throttle worked fine but the pedal assist was no working which was a pity.

I have also put new mountain bike pedals on it. I took the original pedals off when going to Spain because they stuck out beyond the bike rack and worried me then I left one on the bike rack and when I had driven down France it had gone so I bought a second hand set in Fos in Spain for 3 euros but they fell apart when I got home so I needed new. Can’t blame anybody for that except myself.

I try not to use the throttle in Spain because it is illegal everywhere in Europe except for the UK. Mine has a switch to turn it off which I do in Spain. If it got serious then I can unplug it very easily but so far I have ridden past civil guards and police frequently and they have sometimes stared at me but never checked anything or even stopped me. They seem to think that a 73 year old on a bicycle has enough problems and I always pedal when I am passing them.

I tried a Kalkoff German bike before I got this one but it didn’t assist enough for me. The Germans seem to believe that pedal assist should not assist too much. I seemed to have it on max assist most of the time and no throttle. On my Woosh I usually have it on no 1 or 2 most of the time and change it to 5 if I see a bad hill coming or just twist the throttle if I am not in no 5.

That is another thing I like. The throttle works all the time if the switch is in. On my wife’s bike you have to be in the throttle setting (auto) or it doesn’t work.

Perhaps next time I would buy a cd kit from Woosh. About £500 I think them. Bout £300 for a cheap bike and use my own rear wheel gear on it and off I would go.

Hope all that helps somebody.

Meanwhile if you go on pedalecs they have discussion groups and there is a fellow with a name something like h8 CS who builds his own bikes and he seems to be absolutely brilliant. It was his information that I relied on when I decided to fit my hub gears. He gave the torque figures for everything which I have never seen before anywhere.

David
On 25 Nov 2017, at 18:01, Nigel Owen nigel@... [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...> wrote:

Thanks for that info David - didn't realise that Pedelecs was industry sponsored, though they do identify themselves as such when posting.

We're looking at the Woosh Big Bear LS whick ticks most of our boxes. Would have liked an automatic gear change but the Bergamont E-Line Harmony that we looked at last year was somewhat out of our price range.

Any thoughts on our choice?

Nigel.

On 25/11/2017 17:38, David Scholes scholesd@... [motorhome-list] wrote:
By all means join pedelecs but remember that it is all paid for by the sellers of electric bikes so most of the information tends to bias. It is unlikely that anybody will point out the faults.

Throttles are wonderful. I have them on both of our bikes but I believe that they are not allowed on new bikes so what you have to do is to buy the bike with the appropriate throttle and fit it yourself.

Remember, German bikes never have throttles ( except for a 3 mph throttle that is allowed in Germany to drive the bike whilst you are walking).

Also remember that use of the throttle, especially to start off from scratch, reduces journey range by a lot. Probably not that important for the way we use them but remember that that extra battery usage means the need to charge more often. Not a problem if you are on a site with a plug in but I never am and I think Carol is the same.

David

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 Nov 2017, at 17:27, Peter Mac - H a2oppy@... [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...> wrote:

We bought a couple of bikes 2nd hand, one is an 'Urban Mover'. Although not the one that the link relates to, I am very pleased with it. I have never pushed the range, but the joy of having a twist grip that saves me having to pedal i wonderful. Mine is a rigid frame (girls type, but I'm old enough not to care !!) with 'pedal assist', this allows the motor to help when pootling, but twist the throttle, and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, no pedalling just raw power (well maybe a slight exaggeration) but it certainly helps these arthritic knees

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lightweight-Alloy-Electric-Folding-E-Bike-From-Urban-Mover-UM30-Travel-Bicycle-/182302092077

Lightweight Alloy Electric Folding E Bike From Urban Mover ...
www.ebay.co.uk
The UM30 Elite Lite electric bike can change the way you view your travel time and has your convenience in mind. It's lightweight and foldable so you can easily ...

If you had to choose between drinking wine every day or being fat, what would you choose? RED OR WHITE ?

From: motorhome-list@... <motorhome-list@...> on behalf of Nigel Owen nigel@... [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...>
Sent: 25 November 2017 16:44
Subject: Re: [MH-list] Electric bike advice sought

Carol:

Have a look at Pedelecs:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/

UK Electric Bikes l Pedelecs
www.pedelecs.co.uk
UK-based resource for electric bikes with news, reviews and technical features to help purchasers make informed decisions. Also provides a forum.

Then register and join their forum (I just have a couple of days ago).

Nigel.

On 25/11/2017 16:10, Carol Weaver corconx@... [motorhome-list] wrote:
So what basic spec should I look for?

Carol

On Sat, 25 Nov 2017 at 15:34, David Scholes scholesd@... [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...> wrote:

Sorry Carol but I missed the power. Both of my battery chargers take 1.8amps at 240 volts so I would suggest that it would need an inverter of about 500 Watts. Mine is way over this but I would suggest that Richard of former tricky dicky fame or somebody similar confirms that. Like I said, lithium batteries are a bit sensitive.
Btw, most Chinese bikes are about half the price of German so about £1250.

David
--

http://tinyurl.com/2vaeqw - Link for the Best OVERALL Broadband Provider - from £5.99 and monthly contracts - and 30 days free trial
Reply to sender <mailto:scholesd@...?subject=Re%3A%20Electric%20bike%20advice%20sought> . Reply to group <mailto:motorhome-list@...?subject=Re%3A%20Electric%20bike%20advice%20sought> . Reply via Web Post <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/messages/135433;_ylc=X3oDMTJzaDU5c2V0BF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzMwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1?act=reply&messageNum=135433> . All Messages (16) <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/topics/135418;_ylc=X3oDMTM5OWIwZGoxBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzMwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1BHRwY0lkAzEzNTQxOA--> . Top ^
Re: Electric bike advice sought <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/topics/135434;_ylc=X3oDMTJzYTQ5NjJ2BF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzNARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1>
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:39 pm . Posted by:
"John young" john2younguk <mailto:john2younguk@...?subject=Re%3A%20Electric%20bike%20advice%20sought>
Have recently bought a 20 & a26 inch wheel bikes. I have found them excellent. Did 20 mile one evening on throttle only and still showing half charge. Also, did 40 miles one day on low power assisted and again looking at half charge. Both bikes are foldable and complete. Bikes are from asbikes at Coventry. look them up on internet for pictures and details. Family business and excellent service and people to deal with. Well worth a look. Hope this helps.

John Young

On ýSaturdayý, ý25ý ýNovemberý ý2017ý ý18ý:ý52ý:ý14ý ýGMT, David Scholes scholesd@... [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...> wrote:

Mine is the Santana CD I think but the range has changed a bit so mine isn’t there any more but they had a big one and a smaller one when I bought so I took the big one. The big bear was just as god except that it has a wheel motor and mine is chain drive.

Since then I would buy the Dutch frame (ladies bike) because I am getting too old to swing my leg over when I have my toilet cassette strapped on the back.
The gears were rubbish. They bent and no longer changed properly probably as a result of my leaning the bike against so many trees. Do I have had a wheel back wheel made with an alfine gear in it. It has one extra lower gear in it compared with the derailleur and it is absolutely superb. Before I could only get up to my house on the second road (1 in 6). Now I can get up the direct route(1 in 4 and a big piece of 1 in 5).
The stand is also rubbish but that is unimportant. I have also put a proper Bell on it because I need it in Spain where joggers and dog walkers and pray pushers also use the superb cycle paths and they all seem to be deaf.
I went down to Southend in the mh to look at one (from Saddleworth) and parked overnight in the corner of the Waitrose car park. Woosh lent me a demo bike to try so I rode a long way looking for a decent hill. The best I found was well down the river front where there was a park like area with a steep bank which was very easy for the bike. The throttle worked fine but the pedal assist was no working which was a pity.
I have also put new mountain bike pedals on it. I took the original pedals off when going to Spain because they stuck out beyond the bike rack and worried me then I left one on the bike rack and when I had driven down France it had gone so I bought a second hand set in Fos in Spain for 3 euros but they fell apart when I got home so I needed new. Can’t blame anybody for that except myself.
I try not to use the throttle in Spain because it is illegal everywhere in Europe except for the UK. Mine has a switch to turn it off which I do in Spain. If it got serious then I can unplug it very easily but so far I have ridden past civil guards and police frequently and they have sometimes stared at me but never checked anything or even stopped me. They seem to think that a 73 year old on a bicycle has enough problems and I always pedal when I am passing them.
I tried a Kalkoff German bike before I got this one but it didn’t assist enough for me. The Germans seem to believe that pedal assist should not assist too much. I seemed to have it on max assist most of the time and no throttle. On my Woosh I usually have it on no 1 or 2 most of the time and change it to 5 if I see a bad hill coming or just twist the throttle if I am not in no 5.
That is another thing I like. The throttle works all the time if the switch is in. On my wife’s bike you have to be in the throttle setting (auto) or it doesn’t work.
Perhaps next time I would buy a cd kit from Woosh. About £500 I think them. Bout £300 for a cheap bike and use my own rear wheel gear on it and off I would go.
Meanwhile if you go on pedalecs they have discussion groups and there is a fellow with a name something like h8 CS who builds his own bikes and he seems to be absolutely brilliant. It was his information that I relied on when I decided to fit my hub gears. He gave the torque figures for everything which I have never seen before anywhere.
David
On 25 Nov 2017, at 18:01, Nigel Owen nigel@... [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...> wrote:

Thanks for that info David - didn't realise that Pedelecs was industry sponsored, though they do identify themselves as such when posting.

We're looking at the Woosh Big Bear LS whick ticks most of our boxes. Would have liked an automatic gear change but the Bergamont E-Line Harmony that we looked at last year was somewhat out of our price range.

Nigel.

On 25/11/2017 17:38, David Scholes scholesd@... [motorhome-list] wrote:

By all means join pedelecs but remember that it is all paid for by the sellers of electric bikes so most of the information tends to bias. It is unlikely that anybody will point out the faults.
Throttles are wonderful. I have them on both of our bikes but I believe that they are not allowed on new bikes so what you have to do is to buy the bike with the appropriate throttle and fit it yourself.
Remember, German bikes never have throttles ( except for a 3 mph throttle that is allowed in Germany to drive the bike whilst you are walking).
Also remember that use of the throttle, especially to start off from scratch, reduces journey range by a lot. Probably not that important for the way we use them but remember that that extra battery usage means the need to charge more often. Not a problem if you are on a site with a plug in but I never am and I think Carol is the same.
David
On 25 Nov 2017, at 17:27, Peter Mac - H a2oppy@... [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...> wrote:

We bought a couple of bikes 2nd hand, one is an 'Urban Mover'. Although not the one that the link relates to, I am very pleased with it. I have never pushed the range, but the joy of having a twist grip that saves me having to pedal i wonderful. Mine is a rigid frame (girls type, but I'm old enough not to care !!) with 'pedal assist', this allows the motor to help when pootling, but twist the throttle, and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, no pedalling just raw power (well maybe a slight exaggeration) but it certainly helps these arthritic knees

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lightweight-Alloy-Electric-Folding-E-Bike-From-Urban-Mover-UM30-Travel-Bicycle-/182302092077

| | Lightweight Alloy Electric Folding E Bike From Urban Mover ... www.ebay.co.uk The UM30 Elite Lite electric bike can change the way you view your travel time and has your convenience in mind. It's lightweight and foldable so you can easily ... |

If you had to choose between drinking wine every day or being fat, what would you choose? RED OR WHITE ?

From: motorhome-list@... <motorhome-list@...> on behalf of Nigel Owen nigel@... [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...>
Carol:

Have a look at Pedelecs:

| | UK Electric Bikes l Pedelecs www.pedelecs.co.uk UK-based resource for electric bikes with news, reviews and technical features to help purchasers make informed decisions. Also provides a forum. |

Nigel.

On 25/11/2017 16:10, Carol Weaver corconx@... [motorhome-list] wrote:

Carol
On Sat, 25 Nov 2017 at 15:34, David Scholes scholesd@... [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...> wrote:

Sorry Carol but I missed the power. Both of my battery chargers take 1.8amps at 240 volts so I would suggest that it would need an inverter of about 500 Watts. Mine is way over this but I would suggest that Richard of former tricky dicky fame or somebody similar confirms that. Like I said, lithium batteries are a bit sensitive.

David
--

http://tinyurl.com/2vaeqw - Link for the Best OVERALL Broadband Provider - from £5.99 and monthly contracts - and 30 days free trial

#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263 -- #yiv6953193263ygrp-mkp {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10px;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-mkp hr {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-mkp #yiv6953193263hd {color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-mkp #yiv6953193263ads {margin-bottom:10px;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-mkp .yiv6953193263ad {padding:0 0;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-mkp .yiv6953193263ad p {margin:0;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-mkp .yiv6953193263ad a {color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-sponsor #yiv6953193263ygrp-lc {font-family:Arial;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-sponsor #yiv6953193263ygrp-lc #yiv6953193263hd {margin:10px 0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-sponsor #yiv6953193263ygrp-lc .yiv6953193263ad {margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263actions {font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263activity {background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263activity span {font-weight:700;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263activity span:first-child {text-transform:uppercase;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263activity span a {color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263activity span span {color:#ff7900;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263activity span .yiv6953193263underline {text-decoration:underline;}#yiv6953193263 .yiv6953193263attach {clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;}#yiv6953193263 .yiv6953193263attach div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6953193263 .yiv6953193263attach img {border:none;padding-right:5px;}#yiv6953193263 .yiv6953193263attach label {display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}#yiv6953193263 .yiv6953193263attach label a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6953193263 blockquote {margin:0 0 0 4px;}#yiv6953193263 .yiv6953193263bold {font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}#yiv6953193263 .yiv6953193263bold a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6953193263 dd.yiv6953193263last p a {font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv6953193263 dd.yiv6953193263last p span {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv6953193263 dd.yiv6953193263last p span.yiv6953193263yshortcuts {margin-right:0;}#yiv6953193263 div.yiv6953193263attach-table div div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6953193263 div.yiv6953193263attach-table {width:400px;}#yiv6953193263 div.yiv6953193263file-title a, #yiv6953193263 div.yiv6953193263file-title a:active, #yiv6953193263 div.yiv6953193263file-title a:hover, #yiv6953193263 div.yiv6953193263file-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6953193263 div.yiv6953193263photo-title a, #yiv6953193263 div.yiv6953193263photo-title a:active, #yiv6953193263 div.yiv6953193263photo-title a:hover, #yiv6953193263 div.yiv6953193263photo-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6953193263 div#yiv6953193263ygrp-mlmsg #yiv6953193263ygrp-msg p a span.yiv6953193263yshortcuts {font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}#yiv6953193263 .yiv6953193263green {color:#628c2a;}#yiv6953193263 .yiv6953193263MsoNormal {margin:0 0 0 0;}#yiv6953193263 o {font-size:0;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263photos div {float:left;width:72px;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263photos div div {border:1px solid #666666;min-height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263photos div label {color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263reco-category {font-size:77%;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263reco-desc {font-size:77%;}#yiv6953193263 .yiv6953193263replbq {margin:4px;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-mlmsg select, #yiv6953193263 input, #yiv6953193263 textarea {font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv6953193263 code {font:115% monospace;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-mlmsg #yiv6953193263logo {padding-bottom:10px;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-msg p a {font-family:Verdana;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-msg p#yiv6953193263attach-count span {color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-reco #yiv6953193263reco-head {color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-reco {margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-sponsor #yiv6953193263ov li a {font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-sponsor #yiv6953193263ov li {font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-sponsor #yiv6953193263ov ul {margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-text {font-family:Georgia;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-text p {margin:0 0 1em 0;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-text tt {font-size:120%;}#yiv6953193263 #yiv6953193263ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {border-right:none !important;}#yiv6953193263
Reply to sender <mailto:john2younguk@...?subject=Re%3A%20Electric%20bike%20advice%20sought> . Reply to group <mailto:motorhome-list@...?subject=Re%3A%20Electric%20bike%20advice%20sought> . Reply via Web Post <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/messages/135434;_ylc=X3oDMTJzYmQ5MWJrBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzNARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1?act=reply&messageNum=135434> . All Messages (16) <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/topics/135418;_ylc=X3oDMTM5cTNsMGhvBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzNARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1BHRwY0lkAzEzNTQxOA--> . Top ^
Re: Electric bike advice sought <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/topics/135435;_ylc=X3oDMTJzM3NqbWR1BF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzNQRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1>
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:55 pm . Posted by:
"Martin Bennett" hymermobil <mailto:martin@...?subject=Re%3A%20Electric%20bike%20advice%20sought>
A friend bought from there a few years ago and was very pleased with the service.

We have 2 Bromptons and I've been considering having those converted by Nano Electric Bikes .

Martin
On 25 Nov 2017, at 22:39, John young john2younguk@...<mailto:john2younguk@...> [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...<mailto:motorhome-list@...>> wrote:

Have recently bought a 20 & a26 inch wheel bikes. I have found them excellent. Did 20 mile one evening on throttle only and still showing half charge. Also, did 40 miles one day on low power assisted and again looking at half charge. Both bikes are foldable and complete. Bikes are from asbikes at Coventry. look them up on internet for pictures and details. Family business and excellent service and people to deal with. Well worth a look. Hope this helps.

John Young

On ýSaturdayý, ý25ý ýNovemberý ý2017ý ý18ý:ý52ý:ý14ý ýGMT, David Scholes scholesd@...<mailto:scholesd@...> [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...<mailto:motorhome-list@...>> wrote:

David
On 25 Nov 2017, at 18:01, Nigel Owen nigel@...<mailto:nigel@...> [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...<mailto:motorhome-list@...>> wrote:

Nigel.

On 25/11/2017 17:38, David Scholes scholesd@...<mailto:scholesd@...> [motorhome-list] wrote:

David
On 25 Nov 2017, at 17:27, Peter Mac - H a2oppy@...<mailto:a2oppy@...> [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...<mailto:motorhome-list@...>> wrote:

[https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/182302092077-0-1/s-l1000.jpg]<https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lightweight-Alloy-Electric-Folding-E-Bike-From-Urban-Mover-UM30-Travel-Bicycle-/182302092077>

Lightweight Alloy Electric Folding E Bike From Urban Mover ...<https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lightweight-Alloy-Electric-Folding-E-Bike-From-Urban-Mover-UM30-Travel-Bicycle-/182302092077>
www.ebay.co.uk<http://www.ebay.co.uk>
The UM30 Elite Lite electric bike can change the way you view your travel time and has your convenience in mind. It's lightweight and foldable so you can easily ...

From: motorhome-list@...<mailto:motorhome-list@...> <motorhome-list@...<mailto:motorhome-list@...>> on behalf of Nigel Owen nigel@...<mailto:nigel@...> [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...<mailto:motorhome-list@...>>
To: motorhome-list@...<mailto:motorhome-list@...>

Carol:

Have a look at Pedelecs:

[http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/wp-content/themes/pedelecs/img/logo.png]<http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/>

UK Electric Bikes l Pedelecs<http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/>
www.pedelecs.co.uk<http://www.pedelecs.co.uk>
UK-based resource for electric bikes with news, reviews and technical features to help purchasers make informed decisions. Also provides a forum.

Nigel.

On 25/11/2017 16:10, Carol Weaver corconx@...<mailto:corconx@...> [motorhome-list] wrote:

Carol

On Sat, 25 Nov 2017 at 15:34, David Scholes scholesd@...<mailto:scholesd@...> [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...<mailto:motorhome-list@...>> wrote:

David
--

Reply to sender <mailto:martin@...?subject=Re%3A%20Electric%20bike%20advice%20sought> . Reply to group <mailto:motorhome-list@...?subject=Re%3A%20Electric%20bike%20advice%20sought> . Reply via Web Post <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/messages/135435;_ylc=X3oDMTJzcGxhMWFnBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzNQRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1?act=reply&messageNum=135435> . All Messages (16) <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/topics/135418;_ylc=X3oDMTM5aGQ0bjNwBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzNQRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1BHRwY0lkAzEzNTQxOA--> . Top ^
Fwd: [MH-list] Electric bike advice sought <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/topics/135436;_ylc=X3oDMTJzN2MzMmliBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzNgRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1>
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:06 pm . Posted by:
"Carol Weaver" corconx <mailto:corconx@...?subject=Re%3A%20Fwd%3A%20%5BMH-list%5D%20Electric%20bike%20advice%20sought>
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 at 23:05
To: <motorhome-list@...>

Thanks John and Martin. I believe Dave Burleigh has done it with his
Brampton’s. I’m sure he would be happy to give his opinion if you wanted

Carol

On Sat, 25 Nov 2017 at 22:55, Martin Bennett martin@...
[motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...> wrote:

A friend bought from there a few years ago and was very pleased with the
service.

We have 2 Bromptons and I've been considering having those converted by
Nano Electric Bikes .

Martin

Sent from my iPad

On 25 Nov 2017, at 22:39, John young john2younguk@...

Have recently bought a 20
<https://maps.google.com/?q=20+%26+a26&entry=gmail&source=g>& a26
<https://maps.google.com/?q=20+%26+a26&entry=gmail&source=g> inch wheel
bikes. I have found them excellent. Did 20 mile one evening on throttle
only and still showing half charge. Also, did 40 miles one day on low power
assisted and again looking at half charge. Both bikes are foldable and
complete. Bikes are from asbikes at Coventry. look them up on internet for
pictures and details. Family business and excellent service and people to
deal with. Well worth a look. Hope this helps.

*John Young*

On ýSaturdayý, ý25ý ýNovemberý ý2017ý ý18ý:ý52ý:ý14ý ýGMT, David Scholes
scholesd@... [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...>
wrote:

Mine is the Santana CD I think but the range has changed a bit so mine
isn’t there any more but they had a big one and a smaller one when I bought
so I took the big one. The big bear was just as god except that it has a
wheel motor and mine is chain drive.

Since then I would buy the Dutch frame (ladies bike) because I am getting
too old to swing my leg over when I have my toilet cassette strapped on the
back.

The gears were rubbish. They bent and no longer changed properly probably
as a result of my leaning the bike against so many trees. Do I have had a
wheel back wheel made with an alfine gear in it. It has one extra lower
gear in it compared with the derailleur and it is absolutely superb. Before
I could only get up to my house on the second road (1 in 6). Now I can get
up the direct route(1 in 4 and a big piece of 1 in 5).

The stand is also rubbish but that is unimportant. I have also put a
proper Bell on it because I need it in Spain where joggers and dog walkers
and pray pushers also use the superb cycle paths and they all seem to be
deaf.

I went down to Southend in the mh to look at one (from Saddleworth) and
parked overnight in the corner of the Waitrose car park. Woosh lent me a
demo bike to try so I rode a long way looking for a decent hill. The best I
found was well down the river front where there was a park like area with a
steep bank which was very easy for the bike. The throttle worked fine but
the pedal assist was no working which was a pity.

I have also put new mountain bike pedals on it. I took the original pedals
off when going to Spain because they stuck out beyond the bike rack and
worried me then I left one on the bike rack and when I had driven down
France it had gone so I bought a second hand set in Fos in Spain for 3
euros but they fell apart when I got home so I needed new. Can’t blame
anybody for that except myself.

I try not to use the throttle in Spain because it is illegal everywhere in
Europe except for the UK. Mine has a switch to turn it off which I do in
Spain. If it got serious then I can unplug it very easily but so far I have
ridden past civil guards and police frequently and they have sometimes
stared at me but never checked anything or even stopped me. They seem to
think that a 73 year old on a bicycle has enough problems and I always
pedal when I am passing them.

I tried a Kalkoff German bike before I got this one but it didn’t assist
enough for me. The Germans seem to believe that pedal assist should not
assist too much. I seemed to have it on max assist most of the time and no
throttle. On my Woosh I usually have it on no 1 or 2 most of the time and
change it to 5 if I see a bad hill coming or just twist the throttle if I
am not in no 5.

That is another thing I like. The throttle works all the time if the
switch is in. On my wife’s bike you have to be in the throttle setting
(auto) or it doesn’t work.

Perhaps next time I would buy a cd kit from Woosh. About £500 I think
them. Bout £300 for a cheap bike and use my own rear wheel gear on it and
off I would go.

Meanwhile if you go on pedalecs they have discussion groups and there is a
fellow with a name something like h8 CS who builds his own bikes and he
seems to be absolutely brilliant. It was his information that I relied on
when I decided to fit my hub gears. He gave the torque figures for
everything which I have never seen before anywhere.

David

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 Nov 2017, at 18:01, Nigel Owen nigel@...

Thanks for that info David - didn't realise that Pedelecs was industry
sponsored, though they do identify themselves as such when posting.

We're looking at the Woosh Big Bear LS whick ticks most of our boxes.
Would have liked an automatic gear change but the Bergamont E-Line
Harmony that we looked at last year was somewhat out of our price range.

Nigel.

On 25/11/2017 17:38, David Scholes scholesd@... [motorhome-list]
wrote:

By all means join pedelecs but remember that it is all paid for by the
sellers of electric bikes so most of the information tends to bias. It is
unlikely that anybody will point out the faults.

Throttles are wonderful. I have them on both of our bikes but I believe
that they are not allowed on new bikes so what you have to do is to buy the
bike with the appropriate throttle and fit it yourself.

Remember, German bikes never have throttles ( except for a 3 mph throttle
that is allowed in Germany to drive the bike whilst you are walking).

Also remember that use of the throttle, especially to start off from
scratch, reduces journey range by a lot. Probably not that important for
the way we use them but remember that that extra battery usage means the
need to charge more often. Not a problem if you are on a site with a plug
in but I never am and I think Carol is the same.

David

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 Nov 2017, at 17:27, Peter Mac - H a2oppy@...

We bought a couple of bikes 2nd hand, one is an 'Urban Mover'. Although
not the one that the link relates to, I am very pleased with it. I have
never pushed the range, but the joy of having a twist grip that saves me
having to pedal i wonderful. Mine is a rigid frame (girls type, but I'm old
enough not to care !!) with 'pedal assist', this allows the motor to help
when pootling, but twist the throttle, and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, no
pedalling just raw power (well maybe a slight exaggeration) but it
certainly helps these arthritic knees

<https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lightweight-Alloy-Electric-Folding-E-Bike-From-Urban-Mover-UM30-Travel-Bicycle-/182302092077>
Lightweight Alloy Electric Folding E Bike From Urban Mover ...
<https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lightweight-Alloy-Electric-Folding-E-Bike-From-Urban-Mover-UM30-Travel-Bicycle-/182302092077>
www.ebay.co.uk
The UM30 Elite Lite electric bike can change the way you view your travel
time and has your convenience in mind. It's lightweight and foldable so you
can easily ...

If you had to choose between drinking wine every day or being fat, what
would you choose? RED OR WHITE ?

------------------------------
on behalf of Nigel Owen nigel@... [motorhome-list] <
motorhome-list@...>
*Sent:* 25 November 2017 16:44
*To:* motorhome-list@...
*Subject:* Re: [MH-list] Electric bike advice sought

Carol:

Have a look at Pedelecs:

<http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/>
UK Electric Bikes l Pedelecs <http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/>
www.pedelecs.co.uk
UK-based resource for electric bikes with news, reviews and technical
features to help purchasers make informed decisions. Also provides a forum.

Nigel.

On 25/11/2017 16:10, Carol Weaver corconx@... [motorhome-list]
wrote:

Carol

On Sat, 25 Nov 2017 at 15:34, David Scholes scholesd@...

Sorry Carol but I missed the power. Both of my battery chargers take
1.8amps at 240 volts so I would suggest that it would need an inverter of
about 500 Watts. Mine is way over this but I would suggest that Richard of
former tricky dicky fame or somebody similar confirms that. Like I said,
lithium batteries are a bit sensitive.

David

--

http://tinyurl.com/2vaeqw - Link for the Best OVERALL Broadband Provider
- from £5.99 and monthly contracts - and 30 days free trial

--

Click here <http://www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel> For Motorhome Owners
mainly, but here is a link to my photographs of aires, stellplatz,
chateaux, wargraves, NT properties etc. Please enjoy them

--

http://tinyurl.com/2vaeqw - Link for the Best OVERALL Broadband Provider -
from £5.99 and monthly contracts - and 30 days free trial
Reply to sender <mailto:corconx@...?subject=Re%3A%20Fwd%3A%20%5BMH-list%5D%20Electric%20bike%20advice%20sought> . Reply to group <mailto:motorhome-list@...?subject=Re%3A%20Fwd%3A%20%5BMH-list%5D%20Electric%20bike%20advice%20sought> . Reply via Web Post <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/messages/135436;_ylc=X3oDMTJzMzFzaG5nBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzNgRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1?act=reply&messageNum=135436> . All Messages (1) <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/topics/135436;_ylc=X3oDMTM5MGhnZWllBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzNgRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1BHRwY0lkAzEzNTQzNg--> . Top ^
--
Visit Your Group<https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZzhqNDJ2BF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTUxMTY1Nzc4NQ-->

* New Members<https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/members/all;_ylc=X3oDMTJmNDg0dTlhBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzE1MTE2NTc3ODU-> 1

[Yahoo! Groups]<https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=X3oDMTJkc3J1dTllBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1>
• Privacy<https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/uk/yahoo/groups/details.html> • Unsubscribe<mailto:motorhome-list-unsubscribe@...?subject=Unsubscribe> • Terms of Use<https://info.yahoo.com/legal/uk/yahoo/utos/en-gb/details.html>
Reply to sender <mailto:penstrassoe@...?subject=Re%3A%20Digest%20Number%209616> . Reply to group <mailto:motorhome-list@...?subject=Re%3A%20Digest%20Number%209616> . Reply via Web Post <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/messages/135437;_ylc=X3oDMTJzNjBjbnI0BF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzNwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxNTExNzQzNDg0?act=reply&messageNum=135437> . All Messages (2) <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/topics/135437;_ylc=X3oDMTM5YnIwNzJmBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzNwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNTExNzQzNDg0BHRwY0lkAzEzNTQzNw--> . Top ^
Re: Digest Number 9616 <https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/topics/135438;_ylc=X3oDMTJzNXUyaGlnBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzOARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxNTExNzQzNDg0>
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:09 am . Posted by:
"Carol Weaver" corconx <mailto:corconx@...?subject=Re%3A%20Digest%20Number%209616>
Dave this was the one I looked at it Halford’s. Thank you for your post

Carol

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 at 08:15, Dave Wheatcroft penstrassoe@...

I swapped my big, 26in Tonaro for a 20in folding bike from Halfords, a
Carrera Crosscity. Although I miss the suspension at times I do not regret
the change. It’s light, looks more like a standard bike and packs away in
no time. Also, at £550 it was less than half the price of my old bike,
though I just checked and it’s now £650 – still well worth it.

Dave

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
Windows 10

------------------------------
*Sent:* Sunday, November 26, 2017 12:56:25 AM
*To:* motorhome-list@...
*Subject:* [MH-list] Digest Number 9616

[image: Yahoo! Groups]
<https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=X3oDMTJkc3J1dTllBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1>
Motorhome List Group
<https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJkMnVscDlzBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BHNlYwNoZHIEc2xrA2hwaARzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1>
4 Messages
Digest #9616
Re: Electric bike advice sought <#m_8795793442126680040_1.1>by "David
Scholes" scholesd
Re: Electric bike advice sought <#m_8795793442126680040_1.2>by "John
young" john2younguk
Re: Electric bike advice sought <#m_8795793442126680040_1.3>by "Martin
Bennett" hymermobil
Fwd: [MH-list] Electric bike advice sought <#m_8795793442126680040_2>by
"Carol Weaver" corconx

<https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorhome-list/conversations/topics/135433;_ylc=X3oDMTJzNDRzZmsxBF9TAzk3NDkwNTA0BGdycElkAzExMDkzOTAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjkwMTI2MTg1BG1zZ0lkAzEzNTQzMwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxNTExNjU3Nzg1>
Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:52 pm . Posted by: "David Scholes" scholesd
<scholesd@...?subject=Re%3A%20Electric%20bike%20advice%20sought>
Mine is the Santana CD I think but the range has changed a bit so mine
isn’t there any more but they had a big one and a smaller one when I bought
so I took the big one. The big bear was just as god except that it has a
wheel motor and mine is chain drive.

Since then I would buy the Dutch frame (ladies bike) because I am getting
too old to swing my leg over when I have my toilet cassette strapped on the
back.

The gears were rubbish. They bent and no longer changed properly probably
as a result of my leaning the bike against so many trees. Do I have had a
wheel back wheel made with an alfine gear in it. It has one extra lower
gear in it compared with the derailleur and it is absolutely superb. Before
I could only get up to my house on the second road (1 in 6). Now I can get
up the direct route(1 in 4 and a big piece of 1 in 5).

The stand is also rubbish but that is unimportant. I have also put a
proper Bell on it because I need it in Spain where joggers and dog walkers
and pray pushers also use the superb cycle paths and they all seem to be
deaf.

I went down to Southend in the mh to look at one (from Saddleworth) and
parked overnight in the corner of the Waitrose car park. Woosh lent me a
demo bike to try so I rode a long way looking for a decent hill. The best I
found was well down the river front where there was a park like area with a
steep bank which was very easy for the bike. The throttle worked fine but
the pedal assist was no working which was a pity.

I have also put new mountain bike pedals on it. I took the original pedals
off when going to Spain because they stuck out beyond the bike rack and
worried me then I left one on the bike rack and when I had driven down
France it had gone so I bought a second hand set in Fos in Spain for 3
euros but they fell apart when I got home so I needed new. Can’t blame
anybody for that except myself.

I try not to use the throttle in Spain because it is illegal everywhere in
Europe except for the UK. Mine has a switch to turn it off which I do in
Spain. If it got serious then I can unplug it very easily but so far I have
ridden past civil guards and police frequently and they have sometimes
stared at me but never checked anything or even stopped me. They seem to
think that a 73 year old on a bicycle has enough problems and I always
pedal when I am passing them.

I tried a Ka

Trevor Mace

On 27/11/2017 08:33, Dave Wheatcroft penstrassoe@... [motorhome-list] wrote:

Carol, I think youre in Cornwall if you or any other members of the list want to try the bike, Im in Truro, just message me.

Dave

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Dave,
Please don't hit 'Reply' on a Digest version of the email - I just downloaded about 20 pages on my mobile!
Trevor
-- 
-----------------------
www.driventemple.org.uk
a personal website